Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Doc: Fahrenheit 11/9 (9-21-18)

Wed May 17, 2017 2:10 am

Michael Moore Prepping New Trump Doc 'Fahrenheit 11/9'
Filmmaker has reportedly been working on project in secret for months

By Jon Blistein

Michael Moore is prepping a new documentary about President Donald Trump called Fahrenheit 11/9, Variety reports. The film's title refers to the date of Trump's election and is also a play on Moore's scathing 2004 film about George W. Bush and the Iraq War, Fahrenheit 9/11.

'TrumpLand' director on why society should treat the GOP candidate like a pedophile and how "white privilege is on the ballot"
Moore has reportedly been working on the film in secret for months and hopes it will help puncture Trump's seemingly impenetrable armor. "No matter what you throw at him, it hasn't worked," Moore said. "No matter what is revealed, he remains standing. Facts, reality, brains cannot defeat him. Even when he commits a self-inflicted wound, he gets up the next morning and keeps going and tweeting. That all ends with this movie."

For Fahrenheit 11/9, Moore has reunited with Fahrenheit 9/11 producers, Bob and Harvey Weinstein. The pair are reportedly set to begin shopping the film to buyers at the Cannes Film Festival, which begins tomorrow, May 17th. Moore and the Weinsteins scored a massive hit with Fahrenheit 9/11, which won the Palme D'or at Cannes and went on to become the highest-grossing documentary of all time.

Fahrenheit 11/9 marks Moore's second film about Trump, following his surprise 2016 movie, Michael Moore in TrumpLand. The 73-minute feature documented a live show Moore performed last October in Wilmington, Ohio, the seat of Clinton County, which ended up voting overwhelmingly for Trump.

Along with Fahrenheit 11/9, Moore is also prepping his Broadway debut, The Terms of My Surrender. A press released described the show as a "ride through the United States of Insanity, explaining once and for all how the f*** we got here and where best to dine before crossing with the Von Trapp family over the Canadian border." Tony-winning director Michael Mayer is helming the show, which begins previews July 28th and opens August 10th.
Last edited by Stickman on Wed August 29, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Doc: Fahrenheit 11/9 (coming soon)

Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 am

A return to form!

Wed May 17, 2017 2:54 am

oh wow I simply cannot wait

Wed May 17, 2017 3:29 am

I hate that piece of shit so much

Wed May 17, 2017 3:40 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I hate that piece of shit so much

I bet verb does, too.

Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am

He usually goes after people that can take it. I don't like all his tactics, his propaganda, but he can be quite entertaining. He is also right when it comes to some of the things he is pushing for. Doing a documentary on Trump is the logical next move. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 am

Michael Moore and Steve Bannon are the same person.

Wed August 29, 2018 4:19 am

Re: Doc: Fahrenheit 11/9 (9-21-18)

Wed August 29, 2018 2:02 pm

He is such a narcissist and his "documentaries" are so full of half truths and downright lies that I just stopped watching them.
Post a reply