Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

TV: Peaky Blinders

Wed April 26, 2017 2:10 pm

I seem to remember a few of you saying you watched this. I just started it after my Tom Hardy boner from Taboo.

I guess he doesn't show up until later but man this show is really great. The lead character is great and really well acted. Someone talk about this show with me.

Re: TV: Peaky Blinders

Wed April 26, 2017 2:28 pm

For some reason I keep putting off watching this. I guess I shouldn't keep doing that.

Wed April 26, 2017 2:30 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:For some reason I keep putting off watching this. I guess I shouldn't keep doing that.

I'm only 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. Make sure no one is eating a bag of chips or that there is no other outside noise. The accents are heavy, which isn't usually a problem, but the volume of the discussions is sometimes really low. That could just be a Netflix thing though.

Wed April 26, 2017 2:36 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:For some reason I keep putting off watching this. I guess I shouldn't keep doing that.

I'm only 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. Make sure no one is eating a bag of chips or that there is no other outside noise. The accents are heavy, which isn't usually a problem, but the volume of the discussions is sometimes really low. That could just be a Netflix thing though.

Good tip. How many seasons/episodes are there?

Wed April 26, 2017 2:41 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

3 I think?

Wed April 26, 2017 2:57 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

3 I think?

Nice. And they're shorter series' right? Because it's British or something, yeah? What is it like 6 to 10 episodes per season?

Wed April 26, 2017 3:04 pm

I've watched the first episode and will get back to it, just haven't found the time.

Wed April 26, 2017 3:09 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

3 I think?

Nice. And they're shorter series' right? Because it's British or something, yeah? What is it like 6 to 10 episodes per season?

Yeah looks like 6 per season

Wed April 26, 2017 3:25 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

3 I think?

Yeah looks like 6 per season

Sweet!

I'll start giving this a whirl as soon as I can. Maybe tonight!

Mon October 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Finally finished the 3rd season. The season itself was ok, but man the finale was great. Season 4 should be out by the end of the year.

Thu December 21, 2017 7:38 pm

New season is on Netflix!

Thu December 21, 2017 7:47 pm

I tried getting into this but I can't understand the dialogue. Looks good though.

Thu December 21, 2017 7:52 pm

You could also - and I say this as a parent who had a napping child - turn subtitles on.

Thu December 21, 2017 7:54 pm

bune wrote:You could also - and I say this as a parent who had a napping child - turn subtitles on.

Yeah but I find them distracting.

Thu December 21, 2017 7:58 pm

We started 12 years ago and we used them for so long that now it's just on by default for everything.

Thu December 21, 2017 8:01 pm

bune wrote:We started 12 years ago and we used them for so long that now it's just on by default for everything.

So I just have to get use to it? I can do that.

Thu December 21, 2017 9:10 pm

jwfocker wrote:
bune wrote:We started 12 years ago and we used them for so long that now it's just on by default for everything.

So I just have to get use to it? I can do that.

I had to watch Peaky Blinders with earbuds/headphones for the first season. You can pick up on a lot more of what they are saying that way.

Sat December 23, 2017 3:52 am

Happy happy joy joy

Tue December 26, 2017 2:39 am

Holy shit!

Wed December 27, 2017 3:00 pm

No one else watching season 4? I'm only 2 episodes in, but it is great so far.
Post a reply