The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
what has wan done?

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38314
Saw, The Conjuring movies, the first two Insidious movies, and Furious 7 to start. Basically, his movies have made shitloads of money and he could probably do just about anything he wants.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15219
Wan is great....he know how to make a small budget movie feel and look amazing. And he knows how to make a big one too....If Aquaman is a hit, he is a great creative choice for the DCU.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
furious 7 was really stupid, but kind of fun. i havent seen the others

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67418
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
stip wrote:
furious 7 was really stupid, but kind of fun. i havent seen the others

Saw is similar. A completely stupid movie with absolutely god awful performances. A fantastic premise that's totally wasted. But people still love the shit out of it. And obviously it spawned 9,000 sequels.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52314
stip wrote:
furious 7 was really stupid, but kind of fun. i havent seen the others

With this statement, you just undid all of your credibility in other movie criticisms

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67418
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
stip wrote:
furious 7 was really stupid, but kind of fun. i havent seen the others

With this statement, you just undid all of your credibility in other movie criticisms

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38314
Saw is a decent movie with a brilliant concept. Wan milks a lot out of a little. Furious 7 is a wonderful film that is beautifully made, full of little moments of cinematic poetry. Wan is a hell of a stylist.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Saw is a decent movie with a brilliant concept. Wan milks a lot out of a little. Furious 7 is a wonderful film that is beautifully made, full of little moments of cinematic poetry. Wan is a hell of a stylist.


It's a good looking movie, without question. I just find the whole franchise premise absurd, which is fine, and the Vin Deisel family stuff almost unwatchable. But Dwayne Johnson and Jason and Statham were a blast.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
then again I am 100% sure that I am not the target audience for this franchise.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 52314
stip wrote:
then again I am 100% sure that I am not the target audience for this franchise.

You are a white male who is alive, so yeah, you are

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 6:31 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33381
Location: Buenos Aires
stip wrote:
then again I am 100% sure that I am not the target audience for this franchise.

Yeah very few tights or capes


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 38314
stip wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Saw is a decent movie with a brilliant concept. Wan milks a lot out of a little. Furious 7 is a wonderful film that is beautifully made, full of little moments of cinematic poetry. Wan is a hell of a stylist.


It's a good looking movie, without question. I just find the whole franchise premise absurd, which is fine, and the Vin Deisel family stuff almost unwatchable. But Dwayne Johnson and Jason and Statham were a blast.

The multicultural found family themes are the crux of the franchise. Personally, I find them totally authentic and quite moving.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
*tickles you*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6537
Location: Washington State
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6537
Location: Washington State
In other DC news:



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 67418
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Thank Christ.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
theplatypus wrote:
stip wrote:
then again I am 100% sure that I am not the target audience for this franchise.

Yeah very few tights or capes

no lightsabers either

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
stip wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Saw is a decent movie with a brilliant concept. Wan milks a lot out of a little. Furious 7 is a wonderful film that is beautifully made, full of little moments of cinematic poetry. Wan is a hell of a stylist.


It's a good looking movie, without question. I just find the whole franchise premise absurd, which is fine, and the Vin Deisel family stuff almost unwatchable. But Dwayne Johnson and Jason and Statham were a blast.

The multicultural found family themes are the crux of the franchise. Personally, I find them totally authentic and quite moving.

its a perfectly fine theme

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 3:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 15219
bune wrote:
In other DC news:



Good news.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Fri March 09, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6537
Location: Washington State


what the Sam Hill...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mf and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon December 10, 2018 1:17 pm