The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017)
PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 3:03 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

No, it's real bad. But there are parts of it that I dug.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 4:14 am 
Rank This Poster

bune wrote:
The first DD cut of a film - double directors

I'm worried about Han Solo.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 7:04 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Well....it started out pretty clunky....the character introductions were really awkward but once they got through that and got to the 5000 year old war stuff I started to enjoy it. My oldest flipped for the
Spoiler: show
Green Lantern
cameo. Most of the jokes didn't land but they weren't take you out of it bad. The look on Barry's face when Superman "sees" him was probably my favorite part. I liked the Batman TAS music that was added to the score. Aquaman was less annoying than I thought he would be. My kids wished Cyborg wasn't so serious but they loved the "booyah" part. Someone in the audience yelled "no he didn't" after that part which was probably the funniest part of the day. My wife is in love with Superman but I can't be jealous cause well...Wonder Woman. I hoped during the interactions with Gordon or Alfred some of the extended Bat-Family would have been mentioned but oh well. Over all I liked it but it was far from perfect.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 7:06 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

The Lois Lane "thirsty" joke was SO BAD.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 10:38 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Okay, I haven't seen this thing. Probably won't. But can someone speculate as to why they didn't just

Spoiler: show
give Superman a beard for this movie? I mean, is there a plot-specific reason why they had to take out the mustache? Does he NEED to be clean-shaven? Seems like a fake beard would have been much more realistic and way less costly than digitally taking out the facial hair.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 10:39 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Remember he had already shot a bunch of stuff-- actually most of his stuff-- while clean shaven. The mustache was only a problem for the reshoots. It would've been way more expensive to reshoot every scene he was in to fit the facial hair problem.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 10:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
Remember he had already shot a bunch of stuff-- actually most of his stuff-- while clean shaven. The mustache was only a problem for the reshoots. It would've been way more expensive to reshoot every scene he was in to fit the facial hair problem.

Oh right. I actually did forget that. I really thought all of his scenes were part of the reshoots. That makes sense. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 10:57 pm 
The Master

Trying not to get my hopes up...

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/justice- ... ossibility

PostPosted: Sat November 18, 2017 10:59 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

"Cosmic" book news? Is that one of those domain names that are purchased to capitalize on typos?

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 2:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

** out of *****

i was underwhelmed.

perhaps it is biased by how well the MCU is put together and introduces its characters but it really fells like lets skip a few chapters and get to the good part

this movie should be another 2-3 years down the road. wonderwoman's introduction the the DCU worked very well i thought. the brought her in slowly and it fit the narrative of the story.

cyborg, flash and aquaman really felt like, ok we have 3 minutes to introduce these guys and get them together as a team. while their introductions in BvS were tied to the story each should have their own movie to flesh out the characters (maybe have cyborg and flash co-star in a movie)

i really didnt like the flash and his portrayal. the suit looke too clunky and while the visual style of his powers was nice i really feel like the tv show is better.

im not going to dogpile on the reshoots and the mustachio protocol. shit happens. its not easy to hide facial hair like youre in schawarma shop eating with your hand on your face, right?

i think afflecks portrayal of bats is spot on for where he is at this stage of his career as a hero. cavill is a great superman and it was nice to see superman be superman. (though i have said it before i did like MoS and BvS)

it just seemed like the whole movie was nothing but a mortal combat special effects extravaganza and didnt come across as real. while the MCU does use a lot of special effects it just doesnt look as hokey.

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 3:49 pm 

I wonder how many people would have noticed the mustache if it wasn't reported. I didn't notice it at all. The scene was still bad as were most of the character introductions but I didn't notice his face....maybe cause I was focusing on his sexy chest.

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 3:51 pm 

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

The flashback scene was cool extending it would be ok with me.

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 3:54 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

bada wrote:
I wonder how many people would have noticed the mustache if it wasn't reported. I didn't notice it at all. The scene was still bad as were most of the character introductions but I didn't notice his face....maybe cause I was focusing on his sexy chest.

That's interesting. I thought it was incredibly noticeable, particularly in his very first scene

PostPosted: Sun November 19, 2017 3:58 pm 

theplatypus wrote:
bada wrote:

That's interesting. I thought it was incredibly noticeable, particularly in his very first scene

I was really stuck on the kids voices. They were Cindy Brady level obnoxious and I was thinking whose choice was that and then the scene was over.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 11:31 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

and now it is bugging me that barry got his powers by a lightning strike that in the comics happened while he was at work and was a combination of the chemicals and the lightning. since he isnt in CSI yet....

maybe they will address this in the flashpoint movie

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 1:01 pm 
The worst

Peeps wrote:
and now it is bugging me that barry got his powers by a lightning strike that in the comics happened while he was at work and was a combination of the chemicals and the lightning. since he isnt in CSI yet....

maybe they will address this in the flashpoint movie

THAT'S IT! I'M DONE WITH THIS FRANCHISE!

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 1:13 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

well i didnt say that. it just bugs me when things dont add up. the crux of his origin story is that he was working in CSI to try to prove his fathers innocence when reverse flash/future flash went back in time as and the lightning struck him into the chemicals and changed him.

yes its a bit of a what came first the chicken or the egg but it is still an important part of his origin.

would be like changing batmans origin to his parents were killed with ajax sink cleaner and he vows never to use ajax as a weapon against crime

sure he is still batman batman but the motivation is completely different

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 4:18 pm 
Major Dude

Peeps wrote:
well i didnt say that. it just bugs me when things dont add up. the crux of his origin story is that he was working in CSI to try to prove his fathers innocence when reverse flash/future flash went back in time as and the lightning struck him into the chemicals and changed him.

yes its a bit of a what came first the chicken or the egg but it is still an important part of his origin.

Which was a total ret-con. Other than the lightning/chemical combination.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 6:30 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

JL opened to $96M domestic, which is the lowest opening for any Snyderverse film and considered disastrous for a film of this scope and cost.

Very curious how this is all going to pan out. WB are in a very awkward spot.

PostPosted: Mon November 20, 2017 6:33 pm 
The Master

At least their butchery of directors' visions hasn't helped business. That's the one good thing I can take away from this mess.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 44  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment