The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Justice League (2017) & Snyder Cut (2021)
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 2:44 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

Quote:

Tired Of JUSTICE LEAGUE False Starts, Warner Bros. Finally Throws Up The Bat Signal!
Published at: March 3, 2013, 11:34 p.m. CST Share On Facebook Twitter

Beaks here...

Nolan. Snyder. Goyer. Bale. Cavill. And players to be named later.

Latino Review has done their due dilligence on their latest scoop: Warner Bros. is handing the DC Universe reins over to Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder and David Goyer. The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

One thing from Mayimbe's video that can't be stressed enough: franchises are at a premium in Hollywood, and Disney has the top two at the moment (STAR WARS and the Marvel Universe). DC is an asset that has been bafflingly mismaged by the usually shrewd WB, and after the latest failed development of JUSTICE LEAGUE (with GANGSTER SQUAD screenwriter Will Beall), the studio has turned to Nolan. And when you get Nolan, you get Christian Bale as Batman. That's worth $1 billion at the worldwide box office. Minimum.

Henry Cavill's Clark Kent/Superman will obviously be a part of this JUSTICE LEAGUE. Beyond that, who knows? The smart money is on the characters WB has devleloped in the past: Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern. As for a villain? Man-Bat, obviously. Seriously, Darkseid was the focus of the previous script, but given Thanos's presumed involvement in THE AVENGERS 2, wouldn't that feel a bit copycat? That's definitely not Nolan's style.

In the past, when big stories like this have leaked prematurely, the studios have issued firmed denials. Lately, they've changed their approach. Now, silence seems to be the preferred response. However WB attacks this, I feel confident in backinig up El Mayimbe's story. This is what's going on with the DC Universe right now. One plus for the studio: I doubt fans are going to get up in arms over this. Conceptually, this is a home run. I just hope this doesn't fuck up Nolan's INTERSTELLAR. He's the only filmmaker around who can give us a big-budget science-fiction film based on the work of Kip Thorne.

Last edited by bada on Fri March 19, 2021 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Justice League\World's Finest (DC Universe) Nolan
PostPosted: Mon March 04, 2013 7:02 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Awesome.
i am more excited about this now

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 8:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Oh boy...

PostPosted: Tue March 05, 2013 8:43 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

This doesn't sound great.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 12:16 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

theplatypus wrote:
This doesn't sound great.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 12:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

It says obviously Bale would be batman, but i still think they were passing batman onto JGL at the end of TDKR so i would rather see him play batman in the justice league movie

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 1:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I....how can.....this be.......good?

I don't see it.

But I'm still stupid pumped about Man of Steel.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 3:15 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

You really think this would suck based on that little bit of information? Is there anything in that that makes you think it might be better or worse than Avengers?

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 3:37 am 

JGL should be Nightwing. Give him his own stand alone movie.

Last edited by bada on Wed March 06, 2013 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 3:48 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bada wrote:

I would be good with that, but I've kinda thought he was already Nightwing in TDKR just with out the suit(and with out being dick grayson ) so now Bruce Wayne is retired and Nightwing will take over.

But im sure im just thinking too much about it, but if the new superman is going to be younger, and Bruce/batman is older then it might be a little weird. i won't be upset to see Bale back as batman though

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 3:53 am 

They should wait on Justice League and do a Batman/Superman movie. There are plenty of villains they could go against. Then they should do a Green Lantern/Flash movie. Flash gets his powers and is testing them when he notices a ship crashing and sees Hal getting his ring(ignore the last GL movie). Hal takes the ring and gets sucked into a worm hole taking him to Oa. Flash thinks Hals in trouble tries to help and gets sucked in too. Have the entire movie happen off Earth. Then this is the hard one but have a Wonder Woman/Aquaman team up. Have it Clash of the Titans style. Them vs the gods. Don't even bother with them interacting with the outside world. All three movies end with a big bad arriving on Earth and the three teams get thrown together by chance. I'd go with Brainiac over Darkseid.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 4:05 am 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bada wrote:

I would be good with that, but I've kinda thought he was already Nightwing in TDKR just with out the suit(and with out being dick grayson ) so now Bruce Wayne is retired and Nightwing will take over.

But im sure im just thinking too much about it, but if the new superman is going to be younger, and Bruce/batman is older then it might be a little weird. i won't be upset to see Bale back as batman though

Yeah Nightwing is in charge of Gotham going forward. Batman is doing the global threats. Bats would have to be older to explain why none of the other heroes showed up in the Batman movies. He was the first. Bats should be floored by these new heroes. People with super power should be crazy to him and everyone else. It should be a big deal not just a ho hum thing.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 7:08 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
You really think this would suck based on that little bit of information? Is there anything in that that makes you think it might be better or worse than Avengers?

I have a real hard time imagining how JL doesn’t turn out poorly, in all honesty. What has been best about the Nolan/Goyer/Snyder/etc approach has been the emphasis on character and dramatic struggle instead of the usual popcorn sparkle-and-dance. With Batman, we had a push for emotionally realistic characters and the relative exposure to consequences that is inherent to a non-super hero. With Superman, arguably the MOST super hero, they seem to be going with the only angle that’s ever really been interesting to him as a character….the lonely soul who yearns for simplicity and, in some ways, guidance.

So what angle do you give an ensemble piece like JL that could make it anything other than just a comic book movie? I'm not saying it can't be done...just that I can't picture it.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 7:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
It says obviously Bale would be batman, but i still think they were passing batman onto JGL at the end of TDKR so i would rather see him play batman in the justice league movie

One of the other articles I read addressed this. I guess (though, honestly, I haven't seen the quote myself) Bale has publicly stated that if Nolan came to him with a good story, he'd reprise the role.

Other "sources" are saying there may be "hidden scene" at the end of Man of Steel (tagged to be safe, by no means confirmed info)
Spoiler: show
Where we see Superman come get Bale out of retirement.
Though, that seems really unlikely. I don't know.

Either way, even with the talent involved with the project, I'm not optimistic about a JL movie.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:00 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bada wrote:
They should wait on Justice League and do a Batman/Superman movie. There are plenty of villains they could go against. Then they should do a Green Lantern/Flash movie. Flash gets his powers and is testing them when he notices a ship crashing and sees Hal getting his ring(ignore the last GL movie). Hal takes the ring and gets sucked into a worm hole taking him to Oa. Flash thinks Hals in trouble tries to help and gets sucked in too. Have the entire movie happen off Earth. Then this is the hard one but have a Wonder Woman/Aquaman team up. Have it Clash of the Titans style. Them vs the gods. Don't even bother with them interacting with the outside world. All three movies end with a big bad arriving on Earth and the three teams get thrown together by chance. I'd go with Brainiac over Darkseid.

:nice:

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:23 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

I'd rather see Nolan do something else.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:35 pm 
AnalLog

Bob Loblaw wrote:

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:39 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

One of the biggest weaknesses with JL is that you, the viewer, would have to work incredibly hard to avoid acknowledging that if you ever WERE to have a Superman, and a Flash, or a Green Lantern, or these other guys/gals…..there are literally no circumstances where a Batman would be needed. He’s just a guy in a suit. There’s nothing he brings to the table that isn’t way upstaged by some superpower.

Oh, you’ve got ninja skills? I CAN EAT BULLETS ASSHOLE. You have a tumbler? I JUST LANTERNED IT INTO POOP. You’re the world’s greatest detective? Wow, great. Just hang back at the base and research some shit or whatever, fag.

What’s that, Bats? Your suit will stop a dog bite? Awesome. Now DIE ON FIRE.

I don't know why I picture everybody else as being abusive/homophobic, but let's not read too much into that. The point is that Batman is this guy who is fascinating because he’s not super. That really stops working when the people around him are all impossibly fast, powerful, gravity resistant, and lasery.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 8:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bob Loblaw wrote:

Yeah, I'm super pumped about Interstellar. Hopefully, this won't get in the way of that. Shouldn't, since Nolan would only be "grandfathering" JL.

PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2013 9:30 pm 

McParadigm wrote:
One of the biggest weaknesses with JL is that you, the viewer, would have to work incredibly hard to avoid acknowledging that if you ever WERE to have a Superman, and a Flash, or a Green Lantern, or these other guys/gals…..there are literally no circumstances where a Batman would be needed. He’s just a guy in a suit. There’s nothing he brings to the table that isn’t way upstaged by some superpower.

Oh, you’ve got ninja skills? I CAN EAT BULLETS ASSHOLE. You have a tumbler? I JUST LANTERNED IT INTO POOP. You’re the world’s greatest detective? Wow, great. Just hang back at the base and research some shit or whatever, fag.

What’s that, Bats? Your suit will stop a dog bite? Awesome. Now DIE ON FIRE.

I don't know why I picture everybody else as being abusive/homophobic, but let's not read too much into that. The point is that Batman is this guy who is fascinating because he’s not super. That really stops working when the people around him are all impossibly fast, powerful, gravity resistant, and lasery.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment