The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League\World's Finest (DC Universe) Nolan
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2013 8:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

durdencommatyler wrote:
Darkseid done properly would be just about the best movie villain of all time.

id say at worst top 5

thanos for the avengers
zod from superman II
Apocalypse for the xmen
Mr. Sinister for Xmen
Darkseid

take those in any order and you can change it daily

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2013 11:00 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

bada wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
One of the biggest weaknesses with JL is that you, the viewer, would have to work incredibly hard to avoid acknowledging that if you ever WERE to have a Superman, and a Flash, or a Green Lantern, or these other guys/gals…..there are literally no circumstances where a Batman would be needed. He’s just a guy in a suit. There’s nothing he brings to the table that isn’t way upstaged by some superpower.

Oh, you’ve got ninja skills? I CAN EAT BULLETS ASSHOLE. You have a tumbler? I JUST LANTERNED IT INTO POOP. You’re the world’s greatest detective? Wow, great. Just hang back at the base and research some shit or whatever, fag.

What’s that, Bats? Your suit will stop a dog bite? Awesome. Now DIE ON FIRE.

I don't know why I picture everybody else as being abusive/homophobic, but let's not read too much into that. The point is that Batman is this guy who is fascinating because he’s not super. That really stops working when the people around him are all impossibly fast, powerful, gravity resistant, and lasery.

yep.

I'm looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2013 5:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

id say at worst top 5

thanos for the avengers
zod from superman II
Apocalypse for the xmen
Mr. Sinister for Xmen
Darkseid

Apocalypse and Sinister are both excellent as well. Yeah. Definitely. I never read much Avengers so I don't know much about Thanos, but I'll take your word for it.

Zod is kinda boring for me anymore. I'd be much more interested in Brainiac.

But yes, Darkseid and Apocalypse are two villains I'm DYING to see done well on screen.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2013 6:08 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

durdencommatyler wrote:
Peeps wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

id say at worst top 5

thanos for the avengers
zod from superman II
Apocalypse for the xmen
Mr. Sinister for Xmen
Darkseid

Apocalypse and Sinister are both excellent as well. Yeah. Definitely. I never read much Avengers so I don't know much about Thanos, but I'll take your word for it.

Zod is kinda boring for me anymore. I'd be much more interested in Brainiac.

But yes, Darkseid and Apocalypse are two villains I'm DYING to see done well on screen.

Lena, i need you in the Girls thread.

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2013 6:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

if DC and Marvel are mirror images of each other

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Martian Manhunter = Visioin
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Black Canary = Black Widow
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

thanos is looking to exterminate the universe and appeasing his mistress, death. normally he is after the infinity gauntlet which is comprised of 6 gems embedded in a glove. each gem controls something particular and when used in conjunction makes the wearer omnipotent

Time, space, mind, soul, reality and power

PostPosted: Tue March 12, 2013 6:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Oh, wow. That's cool. I can see why folks are so into Thanos as the villain in Avengers 2. I still haven't seen the Avengers movie, but you've got me more excited to see it.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 1:31 am 

Peeps wrote:

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

thanos is looking to exterminate the universe and appeasing his mistress, death. normally he is after the infinity gauntlet which is comprised of 6 gems embedded in a glove. each gem controls something particular and when used in conjunction makes the wearer omnipotent

this list really shows how weak marvel is without the xmen

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 2:02 am 
Future Drummer

dkfan9 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

Why would you think of the X-Men apart from Marvel? I agree it is their anchor, but that's quite a few books.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 2:54 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

no way, avengers books are just a hair behind the xmen now, imo

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 3:32 am 

oasisfan35 wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

Why would you think of the X-Men apart from Marvel? I agree it is their anchor, but that's quite a few books.

no, i meant that the Marvel half of that list is far weaker than the DC side, and not coincidentally it only has one of the xmen on it.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 3:18 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

dkfan9 wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

no, i meant that the Marvel half of that list is far weaker than the DC side, and not coincidentally it only has one of the xmen on it.

I don't know if you took that list as match ups it's a push. If you are giving me Thor and the Hulk vs Superman I take Thor and Hulk. Tempted to call Batman and Capt America a push. That said I don't know that Batman could really put Capt down. It pains me to say this but I could see Capt winning. I think Batman vs Daredevil or even Black Panther are better matches with Batman coming out ahead but Capt is probably too much. Storm is incredibly powerful but if Wonder Woman got her hands on her lights out. I take Flash and Martian Manhunter in the next two. A fight between the two archers is a push. Black Canary wins. Iron Man wins unless Cyborg can hack his suit I say he can't. The last one depends on which Robin. Really since they are both talkers(assuming its Dick) they probably end up friends 9 times out of 10 before the fight is over but Spideys strength puts it over the edge.

I don't think a marvel side made up of all X-men would do as well.

PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2013 10:16 pm 

bada wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

I don't know if you took that list as match ups it's a push. If you are giving me Thor and the Hulk vs Superman I take Thor and Hulk. Tempted to call Batman and Capt America a push. That said I don't know that Batman could really put Capt down. It pains me to say this but I could see Capt winning. I think Batman vs Daredevil or even Black Panther are better matches with Batman coming out ahead but Capt is probably too much. Storm is incredibly powerful but if Wonder Woman got her hands on her lights out. I take Flash and Martian Manhunter in the next two. A fight between the two archers is a push. Black Canary wins. Iron Man wins unless Cyborg can hack his suit I say he can't. The last one depends on which Robin. Really since they are both talkers(assuming its Dick) they probably end up friends 9 times out of 10 before the fight is over but Spideys strength puts it over the edge.

No, I didn't mean in comic book strength, I just meant the strength of the characters (to propel a story forward, or to shape a new story around, or even simply to add useful color to a story as a peripheral character) themselves. X-men is full of good characters. And Daredevil is a good one too. Though yeah, from a power standpoint I think you're right (but Superman vs. Thor and Hulk seems a little unfair, no?)

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 12:18 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

dkfan9 wrote:
bada wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
oasisfan35 wrote:
dkfan9 wrote:
Peeps wrote:

superman = thor/hulk
batman = captain america
wonder woman = storm
Flash = quicksilver
Green Arrow = Hawkeye
Cyborg = Iron Man
Spiderman = Robin

then

darkseid = Thanos

No, I didn't mean in comic book strength, I just meant the strength of the characters (to propel a story forward, or to shape a new story around, or even simply to add useful color to a story as a peripheral character) themselves. X-men is full of good characters. And Daredevil is a good one too. Though yeah, from a power standpoint I think you're right (but Superman vs. Thor and Hulk seems a little unfair, no?)

Yeah I was 99% sure that's what you meant I just need the smallest excuse to geek out. Thor and Hulk would be unfair I think Hulk alone would be tough to beat. Superman would have to trap him somewhere there would be no beating him. I'd rather see Thor vs Wonder Woman anyways.

PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2013 12:45 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

i was just saying who was close to be the equals.

thor and hulk would stand a fair shot against supes but the rest are all a crap shoot and depends on who is writing them

Post subject: Justice League (2018?)
PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 12:17 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

IT WASN’T a matter of whether we would get a Justice League movie, really. It was just a matter of when. But with the next Superman film still two years out, it’s swell that close-to-the-vest Warner Bros./DC Entertainment is letting us peek at a few more of its playing cards.

At last, we have confirmation that a stand-alone Justice League is a real thing. And — hit us again, dealer — also the news that “Man of Steel’s” Zack Snyder will direct DC’s attempt to counter the power assembly that is “The Avengers” films.

WB honcho Greg? Silverman (official business-card title: president of worldwide production) told the Wall Street Journal blog Speakeasy that his studio has “set plans to make a ‘Justice League’ movie,” the paper reported Sunday evening. (Variety later got its own confirmation.)
There’s no set release date and no set script. What we have, exactly, is the distant but reassuring promise that by the time our next American president is nearing the end of his/her first term, we may nearly have a Justice League film.

Hey, Zack Snyder can only direct these things so quickly.

(Besides, Marvel Studios may only have made a few more billion dollars by then.)

More immediately, in the middle-distance, is the “Man of Steel” sequel that may or may not be released under the title “Batman vs. Superman” in 2016, with Henry Cavill returning as Supes; Gal Gadot donning Wonder Woman’s golden lasso and Aegis bracers; and Ben Affleck trying to prove legions of postadolescent-in-name-only doubters wrong as the franchise’s older, paternal Batman.

Silverman wouldn’t say which “Justice League” members might appear in the film besides the big DC triumvirate. What he would coyly tell the Wall Street Journal is: “It will be a further expansion of this universe. ‘Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’ ” (And no, Silverman apparently didn’t explain why he transposed the heroes’ names in the title of Snyder’s 2016 sequel. In this poker game of teasers, was that meant as a “tell,” too?)

Meanwhile, another WB executive, Sue Kroll (official biz-card title: president of worldwide marketing) played her own card, telling the Journal of a possible stand-alone Wonder Woman/Diana Prince film: “With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/styl ... m-wb-says/

Post subject: Re: Justice League (2018?)
PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 12:20 am 
The worst

Zach Snyder is out of his depth

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 12:21 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

They love them some Zack Snyder.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 12:21 am 
The worst

Although I did enjoy watchmen quite a bit. He's just too dark and violent for these movies

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 12:23 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I like him ok, but Man of Steel sucked.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 12:25 am 
Future Drummer

Aquaman in a movie. Never thought I'd see that happen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 44  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment