The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League\World's Finest (DC Universe) Nolan
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 6:18 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

McParadigm wrote:
bada wrote:
I really don't get the argument that you could never write a scene where he could realistically come back.

McParadigm wrote:
The point isn't that you could never realistically write a scene in which he would be willing to come back for something.

Oh sorry I read that wrong. Yikes. In my mind there was no n't. I got too excited about having someone to argue superheroes with.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 6:57 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
It says obviously Bale would be batman, but i still think they were passing batman onto JGL at the end of TDKR so i would rather see him play batman in the justice league movie

One of the other articles I read addressed this. I guess (though, honestly, I haven't seen the quote myself) Bale has publicly stated that if Nolan came to him with a good story, he'd reprise the role.

Other "sources" are saying there may be "hidden scene" at the end of Man of Steel (tagged to be safe, by no means confirmed info)
Spoiler: show
Where we see Superman come get Bale out of retirement.
Though, that seems really unlikely. I don't know.

Either way, even with the talent involved with the project, I'm not optimistic about a JL movie.

As far as Superman goes, the last rumor I heard was
Spoiler: show
Wonder Woman
. if it's changed, great, but isn't it a little late on that? I mean, they couldn't keep the schwarma scene secret.

Not really. At least, I don't think so. They reshot the post-credits Avengers scene in the 11th hour. There's still plenty of time to tweak Supes.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 8:21 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i would love to see JLA as a movie but i just dont see how they can do it

personally i would take the 7 main heros

Supes
Batman
Wonderwoman
Flash
Aquaman
Jonn Jonzz
Green Arrow

for arguments sake 2.5 hour movie

Give each about 20 minutes showing their backstory while doing something to save their city/home/bring them to civilization perhaps disarming a "bomb"

at the end of the movie the "bombs" are defused but then they merge into braniac. he has returned for the last son of krypton and this will set up the second movie

it will mostly delve into the backstory and personality of the characters since they wont have their own movies (4 out of the 7) and can show them slowly coming together

lets face it, if this superman doesnt do well that francshise is going to be screwed.
green lantern was a bomb
batman is the only one with legs and that was mostly due to nolan
wonder woman will just be a strong lara croft
flash should definitely be a smartass jokester
jonn jonzz will be a kick ass special effects
and oliver queen along with bats can provide the human aspect

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 9:16 pm 

I can't see them going with more than five members. Like you illustrated there isnt enough time. I would say Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern. However you mentioned Green Arrow and that show is pretty popular on the CW. For diversity sake they might consider someone like Cyborg.

A team of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow and Cyborg would be a good mix and they would be less powerful without Flash and Green Lantern making a threat more.....I don't know.....threatening. Geeks would be upset but it also might keep costs down since Flash and GL would be CGI heavy.

Instead of long introductions they could do what they did at the start of Spider-Man 2 during the credits and show an illustrated comic montage showing each members origins. You could get the gist of each character in a couple beats plus they are all pretty well known.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 9:26 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I think Flash could be a great movie franchise character. I get why they'd want him in the JL movie. But I like Bada's line-up. If MoS is the hit they're promising and the JL movie is even a little bit interesting, I could see them pushing individual films. Flash seems like the best bet for a stand alone series AND you could then incorporate him into JL2 or JL3.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 9:46 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
I think Flash could be a great movie franchise character. I get why they'd want him in the JL movie. But I like Bada's line-up. If MoS is the hit they're promising and the JL movie is even a little bit interesting, I could see them pushing individual films. Flash seems like the best bet for a stand alone series AND you could then incorporate him into JL2 or JL3.

They really blew it by casting Ryan Reynolds as GL cause he was born to play the Flash. For GL they should have gone with someone like Bradley Cooper though I'm glad they didn't since it sucked. Well the off world stuff was ok but everything on Earth was pretty lame.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 9:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bada wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

They really blew it by casting Ryan Reynolds as GL cause he was born to play the Flash. For GL they should have gone with someone like Bradley Cooper though I'm glad they didn't since it sucked. Well the off world stuff was ok but everything on Earth was pretty lame.

Good new/bad news, I think. Because it sucked, it'll be easy to reboot. So that frees up Reynolds for Flash. And they can start over with a different GL. Right? RIGHT?! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2013 9:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

durdencommatyler wrote:
bada wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Good new/bad news, I think. Because it sucked, it'll be easy to reboot. So that frees up Reynolds for Flash. And they can start over with a different GL. Right? RIGHT?! :mrgreen:

and isnt Captain America and Johnny Storm played by the same person? i think they could switch actors into the characters they want, especially since i think they are already rebooting GL, the ryan renolds version with be forgotten about soon enough

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 2:29 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:

Remeber the Flash TV series in the 90s? I loved that show.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 3:40 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

B wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Remeber the Flash TV series in the 90s? I loved that show.

:luv:

I LOVED that thing. LOVED IT.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 1:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

GL bombed because of the casting of ryan for sure. the script wasnt a bad thing but i dont see why every hero who wears a mask has to tell someone who they are.

in the books oliver queen makes a great point as follows (going off of memory so its not exact quote)

we dont wear the masks to protect our identity we wear them to protect our loved ones. if our enemies ever found out who we are they would go after them, not us.

GL's ring gives off a light that hides most of his features so for carol to recognize him was a joke

if the right actor gets in there with the right director the same movie can work with ease

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 5:47 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Peeps wrote:
GL bombed because of the casting of ryan for sure. the script wasnt a bad thing but i dont see why every hero who wears a mask has to tell someone who they are.

Maybe b/c Green Lantern's mask doesn't hide his identity for shit.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 6:04 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

read my above post

in the comics his ring gives off an energy aura that helps conceal his identity

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2013 6:18 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Peeps wrote:
read my above post

in the comics his ring gives off an energy aura that helps conceal his identity

Sure, but I don't remember anything about that in the movie. So either it was a) left off in the adaptation, b) not effectively communicated in the movie (bad writing) or c) I have terrible memory.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 2:47 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Someone mentioned Brainiac. I've wanted to see that in a Superman movie for a long time. Superman doesn't really have any good villains does he? Nothing near the characters in Gotham.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 3:04 pm 

Will wrote:
Someone mentioned Brainiac. I've wanted to see that in a Superman movie for a long time. Superman doesn't really have any good villains does he? Nothing near the characters in Gotham.

Superman has great villains! Problem is they have been mostly unfilmable till now so we always get Lex Luther and people think he's it. You got Brainiac, Darkseid, Metallo, the Parasite, Doomsday, Bizarro, Eraticator, Solomon Grundy, and Gen Zod of course.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 9:54 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I'm just hoping they finally write Bibbo into one of these movies.

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 10:31 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

bada wrote:
Will wrote:

Superman has great villains! Problem is they have been mostly unfilmable till now so we always get Lex Luther and people think he's it. You got Brainiac, Darkseid, Metallo, the Parasite, Doomsday, Bizarro, Eraticator, Solomon Grundy, and Gen Zod of course.

eradictator is a villain?

PostPosted: Sun March 10, 2013 11:11 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
bada wrote:
Will wrote:

eradictator is a villain?

Didnt he start out as a bad guy? Maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2013 2:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Darkseid done properly would be just about the best movie villain of all time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 44  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment