The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: Justice League (2017) & Snyder Cut (2021)
PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 6:54 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I wonder if the black and white Superman costume was added as a big "fuck you" to the studio execs demanding more saturation.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:05 pm 
slower than 82% of US

BurtReynolds wrote:
Mecca wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Ok guys very funny. you got me. A bit of an early April Fool's Day joke. I hope you all had a big laugh at my expense. I can imagine you all sitting around organizing this to trick ole Burt into thinking this was good.

At least I downloaded this off piratebay.

C-

Did you watch the theatrical Justice League?

yeah. I barely consider that a movie.

Hmm I was wondering cuz I never saw the theatrical, but came away with the same meh impression as you. Was wondering if people just rated it that much higher after the theatrical cut set the bar so low

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:12 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:15 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Snyder used to be so creative with his action scenes. You got a glimpse of that with that one scene in BvS where Batman is fighting those random thugs (easily the only good part of the entire movie), but for the most part his fight scenes have devolved into video game CG models endlessly punching or shooting each other. It's so fucking boring.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The last half an hour of this movie, were possibly the best action scenes DC has ever had.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:21 pm 

Anders wrote:
The last half an hour of this movie, were possibly the best action scenes DC has ever had.

that's not saying much.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

The Dark Knight Trilogy, the first Batman movie and the first two Superman movies are perhaps the best the genre has ever seen, unless you prefer the Marvel style.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:31 pm 
Major Dude

BurtReynolds wrote:
I wonder if the black and white Superman costume was added as a big "fuck you" to the studio execs demanding more saturation.

That was taken from the comics

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:36 pm 

Anders wrote:
The Dark Knight Trilogy, the first Batman movie and the first two Superman movies are perhaps the best the genre has ever seen, unless you prefer the Marvel style.

I don't think any of them are particularly well known for their action sequences, and that's kind of Snyder's thing. But he doesn't seem to know what to do with these characters except smash them together for 30 minutes.

Part of the problem is maybe the source material. DC superheroes are all basically gods (Batman excepted, which is probably what makes him so cool). Marvel has godlike characters, but they are usually flawed in some way that gives them weaknesses (Hulk is brainless and emotional, Thor is arrogant and not that bright either, etc). DC heroes were always kind of perfect, physically and morally.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:37 pm 

wease wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

I know it existed already but I wonder why it was included here.

Maybe it just looked cool.

Last edited by BurtReynolds on Thu April 01, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:37 pm 
Future Drummer

Anders wrote:

Agreed.

Justice League 2021 was an indulgence, for sure. But if you like this sort of thing, it was definitely not the "same boring thing," as Burt says. It was like that double album you didn't think could be pulled off. I grew up with Christopher Reeves as Superman (loved him) and remember how big Batman got when Michael Keaton played him, but the movies these days are so much better. Some of it is what they can actually do with technology these days, but also they're just bigger & better. They really bring out that nostalgia.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:38 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Burt is the same boring thing

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:38 pm 

Rob wrote:
Anders wrote:

Agreed.

Justice League 2021 was an indulgence, for sure. But if you like this sort of thing, it was definitely not the "same boring thing," as Burt says. It was like that double album you didn't think could be pulled off. I grew up with Christopher Reeves as Superman (loved him) and remember how big Batman got when Michael Keaton played him, but the movies these days are so much better. Some of it is what they can actually do with technology these days, but also they're just bigger & better. They really bring out that nostalgia.

Every post you make is like The Anti-Burt.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:40 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
Anders wrote:

Agreed.

*bizzaro Burt

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:40 pm 
Major Dude

BurtReynolds wrote:
wease wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Without having seen the movie, I’d guess it’s following the comics storyline in which it appeared. After Superman was killed (but not really) by Doomsday, he was placed in the black costume which was like a rejuvenating suit for him. So since he was killed by Doomsday (but not really) in BvS...

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:42 pm 
Major Dude

Rob wrote:
Anders wrote:

Agreed.

*Reeve

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:42 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
Rob wrote:
Anders wrote:

Agreed.

*bizzaro Burt

I thought LV's opinions were bad, but Rob is... wait a minute, is LV really Rob?

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Rob wrote:
Anders wrote:

Agreed.

Five star post.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:44 pm 

wease wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
wease wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Without having seen the movie, I’d guess it’s following the comics storyline in which it appeared. After Superman was killed (but not really) by Doomsday, he was placed in the black costume which was like a rejuvenating suit for him. So since he was killed by Doomsday (but not really) in BvS...

That's a much less interesting reason if so.

PostPosted: Thu April 01, 2021 8:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BurtReynolds wrote:
wease wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
wease wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

That's a much less interesting reason if so.

In the comics the suit was designed to help the weakened Superman absorb more solar energy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment