Post a reply

Re: Film: Venom (2018)

Sat October 06, 2018 4:12 am

This isn't a film, it's a movie

Sat October 06, 2018 4:18 am

B wrote:Rolling Stone, 1 star

‘Venom’ Review: This Mess of a Marvel Supervillain Movie Bites

In the first scene of Marvel’s utterly unmarvelous Venom, an alien space ship crashes and burns on earth leaving behind a slithering mass of defanged, digitalized slop. That’s also a fair description of this puddle of simplistic, sanitized PG-13 drivel that Marvel has released instead of the scary, dark-night-of-the-soul thunderbolt fans had the right to expect. Tom Hardy and a massively overqualified cast, including Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed, have been reduced to putting on a clown-show for kiddies in a shameless corporate product where the creativity stopped with the balance sheet. This year gave us the best and most imaginative Marvel film in Black Panther. Now we have the worst.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/mov ... dy-729583/

That's all well and good..
but Black Panther sucked.

Sat October 06, 2018 4:26 am

no way in hell is this worse than black panther

Sat October 06, 2018 4:49 am

This movie is gonna make so much money

Sat October 06, 2018 1:52 pm

yeah, there is no chance that this one is worst that black pantha.

Is this movie racist? i mean Venom is black and a baddie and Eddie here is a good guy right?

Sat October 13, 2018 11:57 pm

I saw this tonight. It wasn't as bad as the critics made it out to be.

Mon October 22, 2018 9:21 pm

just came back from seeing this one.

Its a very minor movie for sure, i dont quite like what they did with the character either but the interactions between Hardy and Venom were pretty funny.

Mon October 22, 2018 9:22 pm

I can’t believe how much money this movie has made

Mon October 22, 2018 9:25 pm

yeah, its a huge hit. It may have something to do with the character itself...Venom is very popular.

Tue October 23, 2018 1:25 pm

the script and acting were meh

brock isnt a sympathetic character at all. hes an asshole who was pissed parker proved he faked photos and discredited him so there was where his hatred was. the symbiote hated parker because pete rejected their bonding

together they partnered up over their hatred of parker

i did see it but man, i know hardy is a big name and they needed one but i really felt he was miscast in this movie

Tue October 23, 2018 1:31 pm

I thought Tom Hardy was the only good thing about this movie

Tue October 23, 2018 2:25 pm

theplatypus wrote:I thought Tom Hardy was the only good thing about this movie

i just didnt buy him as brock (considering how familiar i am with the source material). i understand its a whole script/screenplay issue but i really felt like he was the wrong choice for this

i get its damn near impossible to keep it close to the comics with there being so much history explaining everything but the whole, im staying cause im a loser on my world like you are here etc just didnt resonate with me

now i thought the after credits scene has pulled me in to see what they do next but other than that i wasnt really invested in the movie in the least

and i also understand thats just my opinion

Tue October 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Peeps wrote:considering how familiar i am with the source material

This is every Peeps comic book movie post in a nutshell

Tue October 23, 2018 3:46 pm

yeah, this take on Eddie Brock is awful. He is barely a character at all and its still so stupid and lame.

I agree that Hardy was good. I liked him, it was the only thing that made the movie kinda fun. Venom too.
Post a reply