Re: Home Theater Discussion

Sun December 09, 2018 1:08 am

Projectionist

Sun December 09, 2018 2:36 am

Dude. You're out.

Sun January 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Our Fox affiliate only broadcasts (over the air) in 720p and it looks like garbage. NBC, CBS and ABC all broadcast in 1080 and it looks significantly better.

It's super annoying because I probably watch Fox more than any other network.

Sun January 13, 2019 6:16 pm

All American broadcast TV (cable, antenna, satellite, whatever) pretty much looks like garbage as a rule. We are dinosaurs.

Sun January 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Yeah, I go to my brothers' places in the U.K. and Ireland and their internet is faster (and cheaper) and their T.V. is better.

Fri May 08, 2020 11:28 pm

Thinking about upgrading from my 40 inch tv to something 60-65 inches.

Fri May 08, 2020 11:57 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Thinking about upgrading from my 40 inch tv to something 60-65 inches.

baller move, thats where its at..

Sat May 09, 2020 12:20 am

what do i need to know about buying TVs, doug?

Sat May 09, 2020 1:40 am

Lots of p's

Sat June 06, 2020 3:44 am

Has anyone done an Atmos setup using add-on speakers? I’m not willing to cut holes in the ceiling and all that, but I have an Atmos-ready receiver and it sounds like for home theater, these up-firing add-on speakers that sit on your front towers are pretty legit.

There seems to be a gap in price...there are some high-rated Sonys that run around $200, then it jumps to the 5-600 range. Any experiences?

Sun June 07, 2020 8:35 pm

Oh shit - I just checked and my receiver is set up for Atmos. Never even bothered to check before.
Best add-on I made for my set-up was getting a sub

Sun June 07, 2020 9:51 pm

Superblood Wolfmoon wrote:Has anyone done an Atmos setup using add-on speakers? I’m not willing to cut holes in the ceiling and all that, but I have an Atmos-ready receiver and it sounds like for home theater, these up-firing add-on speakers that sit on your front towers are pretty legit.

There seems to be a gap in price...there are some high-rated Sonys that run around $200, then it jumps to the 5-600 range. Any experiences?

So I ended up getting a pair of Sony SS-CSEs to add some of that overhead effect. They get here Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of difference they make.

Sun June 07, 2020 10:41 pm

Great - now I'm going down a rabbit hole looking at what speakers might best suit me to get Atmos working

Wed December 30, 2020 10:31 pm

I want a simple, cheap, soundbar for my oldish TV. Ideally an all-in-one. Something that's easy to setup and use immediately out of the box. My apartment is small. I don't need to fill a house. I'd prefer to spend under $150.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm really just looking for decent sound for a good price. But I don't want a piece of junk.

I've seen some articles recommending the VIZIO 36” 2.1 Sound Bar with Built-in Dual Subwoofers | SB362An-F6. Anyone have experience with this product?

Help me out RM.

Wed December 30, 2020 10:33 pm

Oh man, I know some RMers that are soundbar snobs. Good luck with this, sorry I don't have anything to add. We just bought an off brand one that connects via Bluetooth and sounds nice

Wed December 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Which brand/model, Ruddo?

Wed December 30, 2020 10:37 pm

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SMBFZNG/re ... 7Fb1XP7YN0

Wed December 30, 2020 10:38 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SMBFZNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Jdq7Fb1XP7YN0

And you're good with the sound?

Wed December 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Yeah. Our living room is more of a rectangle than square. We aren't too far away from the TV the way we have set up, so we don't need it to be too loud

Wed December 30, 2020 10:41 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Yeah. Our living room is more of a rectangle than square. We aren't too far away from the TV the way we have set up, so we don't need it to be too loud

This sounds perfect. I see on the link that it's battery powered. It's that annoying?
Post a reply