Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Home Theater Discussion

Wed October 10, 2018 9:07 pm

meatwad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:With LV here. HDR on the standard PS4 isn't worth the upgrade. It is gorgeous on the Pro however.

Goddammit! I really don't want to buy a PS4 Pro! :twisted:

Same. I’m trying to hold out for the next generation. Gonna be pissed if they aren’t backwards compatible though.

Wed October 10, 2018 9:16 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
meatwad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:With LV here. HDR on the standard PS4 isn't worth the upgrade. It is gorgeous on the Pro however.

Same. I’m trying to hold out for the next generation. Gonna be pissed if they aren’t backwards compatible though.

I am still holding out hope PS4 games will be backwards compatible on the PS5.

I'm really concerned about the rumors of streaming consoles for the next generation.

Wed October 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
meatwad wrote:

I'm really concerned about the rumors of streaming consoles for the next generation.

If that happens, I’ll probably just grab a cheap Xbox One X and be done with new games.

Wed October 10, 2018 9:24 pm

I am a Christmas present* away from buying a PS4 pro and a 4k television.

*I commissioned this guy to paint a picture of my wife from when she was showing horses back when she was younger. I don't know how much it's going to be yet and his wife said he won't know until he's done. So I am anticipating ~$200 but am prepared for up to $700. I've seen his stuff, he's really good.

Wed October 10, 2018 9:39 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
meatwad wrote:

If that happens, I’ll probably just grab a cheap Xbox One X and be done with new games.

There are so many old games I would like to play.

Sun October 14, 2018 11:20 pm

I like the back-light on my TV so much that I've now back-lit my computer monitors as well.

Sat November 17, 2018 7:23 am

Bought a Roku Express for my bedroom TV since my PS3 is dying. Just got it all set up. Very basic, of course, but there are few things that bring me pleasure like hooking up new home theater equipment.

Sun November 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Thinking about a chromebox for the television...found one pretty cheap and I've been mulling it over.

Sat December 08, 2018 6:02 pm

I saw a collection yesterday that probably rivals LV's. LV's looks bigger, but this guy's was pretty huge, with hundreds of Criterions being the main attraction. I've got to admit, it's pretty impressive in person. But I still think it's insane to own that much

Sat December 08, 2018 6:43 pm

I believe the plural is """criteria"""

Sat December 08, 2018 7:03 pm

To me, it’s a matter of knowing I can watch the movie I want to watch whenever I want to watch it, and in the best available quality. There’s really no other way to accomplish that besides collecting physical media.

Of course, I must admit I am also a sucker for fancy packaging and shit too.

Sat December 08, 2018 7:28 pm

I get that. To me, having to wait a day or a month to watch a specific thing is worth the tens of thousands of dollars you spend buying and storing those things.

Sat December 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Hey, LV, this guy works as a protectionist. Maybe that is your calling

Sun December 09, 2018 12:04 am

WTF is a protectionist?

Sun December 09, 2018 12:05 am

Preservationist?

Sun December 09, 2018 12:27 am

Projectionist?