Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Alien: Covenant is better than Soundgarden

Sun March 04, 2018 7:56 am

meatwad wrote:Just watched this tonight and from the perspective of someone who isn’t a full-on xenomorph fanboy I thought it was great. Fassbender was the standout for sure. Would have preferred a non-cgi alien but it didn’t ruin anything for me overall.

I've enjoyed it on each watch, although I read that future instllments have been shelved

Re: Alien: Covenant (2017)

Sun March 04, 2018 3:10 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:I have no idea what the fuck is going on in here anymore.

^^^

Tue July 10, 2018 1:10 pm

I really liked this movie. Ridiculous yet dark--not what I was expecting at all. If/when there's another installment, I won't wait so long to see it.

Tue July 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:I really liked this movie. Ridiculous yet dark--not what I was expecting at all. If/when there's another installment, I won't wait so long to see it.

I want to know more about the Engineers

Tue July 10, 2018 3:36 pm

The sequel is not happening right?

What a shame. I wanted the third movie.

Tue July 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Is it not? That’s a real bummer. I loved what Scott is do If with these crazy movies.

Tue July 10, 2018 10:35 pm

The weird David shit is great. I need to watch it again, mostly for those parts.

Wed July 11, 2018 12:21 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ello Sailor wrote:I really liked this movie. Ridiculous yet dark--not what I was expecting at all. If/when there's another installment, I won't wait so long to see it.

I want to know more about the Engineers

Absolutely. It sucks to hear that the other 2 prequels won't be going ahead. Are there any novels that cover this stuff at least? I need to know about the Engineers!

Wed July 11, 2018 12:29 am

Ever since going into this thread, I've been getting recommendations on YouTube to watch Alien Covenant videos.

Wed July 11, 2018 1:17 am

I like that video yeah. Covenant rules.

I hope Scott gets to do the sequel.

Wed July 11, 2018 1:55 am

Where are you guys hearing it’s not happening? Just assuming, or...?

Wed July 11, 2018 2:31 am

Yeah just assuming.
Scott wanted the new film to be out this year, and the box office of Covenant was not that good so...yeah, just assuming.

Wed July 11, 2018 4:33 pm

I just watched Alien 3 for the first time. Guys, I fucking hated it. Maybe it was just the particular rip I got, but I found the sound design to be atrocious. The mixing is all over the place. I also found many of the shots to be jarring and amateurish. Then there's the shitty writing. Ripley's character is weird as fuck. Bitterly disappointed after having my interest in the franchise rekindled recently by Covenant.

I'll be re-watching Resurrection next. I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to touch the AvP movies.

Wed July 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Which version of 3 did you watch? The “Assembly Cut” is waaaaaaaaay better than the theatrical version. Although if you had audio mixing issues, it might have been the AC since it was never technically finished.

Wed July 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:I just watched Alien 3 for the first time. Guys, I fucking hated it. Maybe it was just the particular rip I got, but I found the sound design to be atrocious. The mixing is all over the place. I also found many of the shots to be jarring and amateurish. Then there's the shitty writing. Ripley's character is weird as fuck. Bitterly disappointed after having my interest in the franchise rekindled recently by Covenant.

I'll be re-watching Resurrection next. I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to touch the AvP movies.

i thought the first AvP movie was a really fun B-movie sort of flick

Wed July 11, 2018 4:44 pm

LOVE the first AVP (especially the unrated cut)

Wed July 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Upon closer inspection it was indeed the "Assembly Cut". The audio totally ruined the experience for me.

Wed July 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Ello Sailor wrote:Upon closer inspection it was indeed the "Assembly Cut". The audio totally ruined the experience for me.

A lot of it was mostly fixed on the Blu-ray release, thankfully.

Wed July 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Alien 3 is a divise movie for sure. I didnt loved it as a kid, and now i do specially for how bold it is. I should watch resurrection again soon.

the AVP movies are weird, but yeah, you should watch them. I specially loved the fucked up ending of part 2.

Wed July 11, 2018 5:24 pm

I haven’t seen Requiem since theaters but it’s fucking horrible and the ending is dumb as balls
Post a reply