The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49998
Watching now

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49998
Haha holy shit!

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 3040
Kinda predicable, but still pretty fucking great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:26 am 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21182
Location: the beach
NOT WATCHING YET BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49998
Aaaaaand this show has jumped the shark

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64552
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Just wow. This show is breathtaking. Heartbreaking. Fist-pumping. Pulse pounding. Thoughtful. Deliberate. Cinematic. Powerful. Awful. Beautiful. Confounding. Enlightening.

Excellent finale. Jesus I love this show!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64552
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
run2death wrote:
Kinda predicable, but still pretty fucking great.

Spoiler: show
The attack on Aunt Lydia shocked the hell out of me. That was one of the more surprising things I can remember seeing on TV in a long time. I legit gasped and covered my mouth for the entire scene.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49998
durdencommatyler wrote:
Just wow. This show is breathtaking. Heartbreaking. Fist-pumping. Pulse pounding. Thoughtful. Deliberate. Cinematic. Powerful. Awful. Beautiful. Confounding. Enlightening.

Excellent finale. Jesus I love this show!

It was ok. The end was so predictable and bullshit if
Spoiler: show
June gets caught and doesn't get sentenced to death, along with Nick and the Martha, as Fred now knows they were all in on it. The only other thing I see them doing is her staying in hiding to get Hannah out. Also, the Lydia attack was a surprise but I doubt she's dead, which softens that surprise in the end.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64552
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Just wow. This show is breathtaking. Heartbreaking. Fist-pumping. Pulse pounding. Thoughtful. Deliberate. Cinematic. Powerful. Awful. Beautiful. Confounding. Enlightening.

Excellent finale. Jesus I love this show!

It was ok. The end was so predictable and bullshit if
Spoiler: show
June gets caught and doesn't get sentenced to death, along with Nick and the Martha, as Fred now knows they were all in on it. The only other thing I see them doing is her staying in hiding to get Hannah out. Also, the Lydia attack was a surprise but I doubt she's dead, which softens that surprise in the end.

Spoiler: show
I can't imagine June gets caught. IF she goes back into the system at all it has to be as Commander Lawrence's Handmaid. He can protect her and arms like he won't abuse her. But I'm not sure how likely her joining his house is. June might just be rogue, just, ninja now. They've got something else for her than going back to Waterford, surely. As you say, that can't happen.

Also, where we leave Waterford is interesting. I can't wait to see what happens next in that storyline. Nothing can be the same in that house. Is Nick a fugitive now too?

I don't see how Lydia living neuters the shockof the attack, only the total satisfaction of it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 12, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21182
Location: the beach
my wife and I really enjoyed it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Fri July 13, 2018 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8914
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
I just realised last night that I haven''t watched the previous week's episode yet. Looks like it'll be a double dose tonight

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8914
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64552
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Rangi Guy wrote:
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

What was too easy for you?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8914
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

What was too easy for you?

Serena's arc seemed to come around a bit too quick for my liking - I think that was the biggest thing

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64552
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

What was too easy for you?

Serena's arc seemed to come around a bit too quick for my liking - I think that was the biggest thing

Yeah, I can see that. It worked for me, especially with the three or four episodes leading up to the finale and her attachment to the baby. But I get why it wouldn't work totally for some. That makes sense.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8914
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

What was too easy for you?

Serena's arc seemed to come around a bit too quick for my liking - I think that was the biggest thing

Yeah, I can see that. It worked for me, especially with the three or four episodes leading up to the finale and her attachment to the baby. But I get why it wouldn't work totally for some. That makes sense.

It wasn't totally out of the realms of reality - you could definitely see it heading that way, just thought it needed a bit more development

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 64552
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

What was too easy for you?

Serena's arc seemed to come around a bit too quick for my liking - I think that was the biggest thing

Yeah, I can see that. It worked for me, especially with the three or four episodes leading up to the finale and her attachment to the baby. But I get why it wouldn't work totally for some. That makes sense.

It wasn't totally out of the realms of reality - you could definitely see it heading that way, just thought it needed a bit more development

I agree that S2 was a bit of mess in that sense from time to time. For how long the season was, it's weird when things felt under developed or miss managed. The suicide bombing is another example, I think. That had so much less impact/consequence that I expected. It's like they wanted to do something daring and shocking but didn't really know what to do with the story after that.

Still, excellent show all around.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 8914
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Finally got around to finishing this off. Not sure what to think of that final episode, few things I didn't see coming, and a few things that seemed to happen a bit too easily

What was too easy for you?

Serena's arc seemed to come around a bit too quick for my liking - I think that was the biggest thing

Yeah, I can see that. It worked for me, especially with the three or four episodes leading up to the finale and her attachment to the baby. But I get why it wouldn't work totally for some. That makes sense.

It wasn't totally out of the realms of reality - you could definitely see it heading that way, just thought it needed a bit more development

I agree that S2 was a bit of mess in that sense from time to time. For how long the season was, it's weird when things felt under developed or miss managed. The suicide bombing is another example, I think. That had so much less impact/consequence that I expected. It's like they wanted to do something daring and shocking but didn't really know what to do with the story after that.

Still, excellent show all around.

Well it certainly hasn't descended into TWD territory of 'We have no real idea how to proceed'. I do love this show

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat July 21, 2018 12:02 pm