The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)
PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 4:08 pm 
Future Drummer

epilogue wrote:
First two episodes are great. I have a lot of feelings about what this show is doing right now. But overall I'm excited and ready for more. We'll watch that third dropped episode tonight.

Agree the first two were great, also watching #3 tonight. And I don't know what your feelings are, but I remember turning to my wife last night during the final scene of the first episode (with the 14 year old mistress and knife) and wondering if that was a turning point in the direction of the show (as far as June's motivation). Interesting.

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 5:00 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

The third episode is intense.

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 5:35 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Man, every episode is intense. But if 3 is more so... oh man.

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 6:20 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:
First two episodes are great. I have a lot of feelings about what this show is doing right now. But overall I'm excited and ready for more. We'll watch that third dropped episode tonight.

Agree the first two were great, also watching #3 tonight. And I don't know what your feelings are, but I remember turning to my wife last night during the final scene of the first episode (with the 14 year old mistress and knife) and wondering if that was a turning point in the direction of the show (as far as June's motivation). Interesting.

Have you read The Tesitments?

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 7:01 pm 
Future Drummer

epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Nope. I’m flying blind here, and a little worried for what’s to come (in that this could get even darker and skew things)...

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 7:02 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

we only watched the first one last night...good stuff...we fly to denver tonight and i've already packed the apple tv so we can watch in the hotel

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 7:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Nope. I’m flying blind here, and a little worried for what’s to come (in that this could get even darker and skew things)...

Have you seen Promising Young Woman?

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 7:34 pm 
Future Drummer

epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:

No, I have no previous reference here. Just loving the ride so far.

PostPosted: Thu April 29, 2021 7:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:

No, I have no previous reference here. Just loving the ride so far.

Cool.

I can't really talk about a lot of the thoughts/feelings I'm having about this new season without also talking about (and spoiling, really) both of those things. Neither are necessary or important to what's happening per se, just to be clear.

But yes I'm with you. Really enjoying it so far even with the complex and at times contradictory feelings I have while watching it.

PostPosted: Fri April 30, 2021 1:31 am 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Man you weren’t kidding.

PostPosted: Fri April 30, 2021 1:53 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rob wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Man you weren’t kidding.

Again, a lot of mixed feelings about it. But with the price that was paid, I hope this finally means a real fucking turning point.

PostPosted: Fri April 30, 2021 8:05 pm 
Future Drummer

epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Man you weren’t kidding.

Again, a lot of mixed feelings about it. But with the price that was paid, I hope this finally means a real fucking turning point.

I watched all 3 of the previous seasons as the episodes came out and loved them, but this season already feels so different, so I think it looks promising. June has clearly signaled this, I think.

PostPosted: Fri April 30, 2021 11:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Rob wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Rob wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Man you weren’t kidding.

I watched all 3 of the previous seasons as the episodes came out and loved them, but this season already feels so different, so I think it looks promising. June has clearly signaled this, I think.

Same. It's a great show that I've enjoyed but it's not a perfect show. And they don't seem to know how to adjust and move forward. It's always two steps forward, three back. Some of that is important and thematic. Some of it is bad writing.

Still this show is head and shoulders above most everything what out there right now. I'm so excited for this season.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:09 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Went the hell was a tanker full of milk sitting there open?

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:25 am 

Jeanine was fucking stellar in that tanker, getting real with June

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:27 pm 
The Master

Watched the first two episodes. I swear each episode could be about 10 minutes shorter if they eased up on the extreme close ups a bit.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:56 pm 

Watched this week's episode, and from here on out is where this show will keep me or lose me:

Spoiler: show
June outside of Gilead is new territory. Just seeing her in Toronto "fighting" from the outside would be boring. But sending her back to Gilead for them to give her yet another chance would be stupid as well. She should have been killed the last time she was caught. Plus, the whole "escape/get caught repeat" thing is tiresome. I don't know how they are going to take the story from here, maybe her struggle with being back outside of Gilead? Maybe she stays on the front lines? That would be my choice, I guess. But I'd also like to see her go back with Moira so she gets a chance to confront Fred and his wife in prison.

Also, while it will be an emotional high next week seeing June reunite with Moira, I have a feeling I'm going to be heartbroken about the status of Janine after the bombing... :(

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I'm totally fine if they want to kill off patchy the pirate, she sucks.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Watched the first two episodes. I swear each episode could be about 10 minutes shorter if they eased up on the extreme close ups a bit.

Don't forget closing each episode with a slow-mo shot set to emotional music.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:55 pm 
The Master

Mickey wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Don't forget closing each episode with a slow-mo shot set to emotional music.

With extreme close ups!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment