Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: TV: HBO: Insecure

Mon August 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Wait, what?

Tue August 29, 2017 12:03 am

Semen is vegan when it is given consensually. A vegan could swallow semen and still be vegan.

Fri November 17, 2017 12:50 am

The season ended mostly well. Last two eps were good, but the very final moment was silly and bad.

Tue September 11, 2018 1:50 pm

S3 has been terrific so far, right up until the final moments of Sunday's episode and preview of next week.

Spoiler: show
why they gotta bring Lawrence back?

This Vulture article articulates my annoyance very well.

Tue September 11, 2018 6:20 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:S3 has been terrific so far, right up until the final moments of Sunday's episode and preview of next week.

oh man, that coachella episode was hysterical

Tue September 11, 2018 6:26 pm

yeah i could watch a whole season of that Kelly girl on drugs

Tue September 11, 2018 6:27 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:S3 has been terrific so far, right up until the final moments of Sunday's episode and preview of next week.

oh man, that coachella episode was hysterical

that next-to-last paragraph is spot on

Tue September 11, 2018 6:27 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:yeah i could watch a whole season of that Kelly girl on drugs

:haha: yeah, wife and i lost it when she took that edible and was talking to her reflection

Thu April 16, 2020 2:54 pm

Bumping for Joe.

Also, the latest season is off to a solid start, but i think they should’ve moved on from Lawrence by now.

Thu April 16, 2020 2:57 pm

I like Lawrence. I like Issa. I don't like her friends. The whacky one is OK, but Molly is toxic and the other one is straight evil

Thu April 16, 2020 3:01 pm

The whacky one rules.
Molly’s great, she’s just too guarded, and critical (of herself and everyone else).
And yes the other one is straight evil.

I think Lawrence is a great character and a great actor, but I think it’s unrealistic for Issa to still be so hung up on him. But maybe Inglewood is smaller than I realize.
Last edited by tragabigzanda on Thu April 16, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu April 16, 2020 4:55 pm

my wife enjoys this show, i honestly tried but have no interest whatsoever

Thu April 16, 2020 5:35 pm

I don't want to read through the thread too much yet. Just started. But I'll be checking in as we make our way through. Really dug the first two episodes of the series.

Mon May 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Latest episode was great, the slow-burn dissolution of Issa and Molly's friendship is making for a great lynchpin plot line for this season.

But it feels like they totally skipped an episode, in which Andrew pivoted from just wanting to be Molly's booty call to wanting to be her boyfriend. Poor execution on that one, and it leaves their relationship feeling very one-dimensional.

Mon May 04, 2020 9:41 pm

I've watched the first two seasons now. Really dig this show. Excited to see what S3 brings.

Thu May 07, 2020 2:46 am

I started this one fellas.

Fri May 08, 2020 8:47 pm

VinylGuy wrote:I started this one fellas.

:bammer:

Fri May 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Latest episode is fantastic. Maybe more character development for Issa in that one episode than all of last season?

Also I think this is my favorite season so far. Looking forward to a Molly-centric installment next week.

Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Finished season one. Im not sure i dig this show so much as you guys.

Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 pm

Don’t be a fool boy!
Post a reply