Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Thu June 10, 2021 5:02 pm

tell Asia we said hi

Sat June 12, 2021 6:04 pm

watching the documentary at 3pm today...making the pizza sauce now and prepping for the festivities..plenty of whiskey, cheap beer and kleenex on hand..

Sun June 13, 2021 12:18 am

doug rr wrote:watching the documentary at 3pm today...making the pizza sauce now and prepping for the festivities..plenty of whiskey, cheap beer and kleenex on hand..

how was it?

Sun June 13, 2021 2:42 am

VinylGuy wrote:
doug rr wrote:watching the documentary at 3pm today...making the pizza sauce now and prepping for the festivities..plenty of whiskey, cheap beer and kleenex on hand..

how was it?

it was a cry fest fellas..just warning you..we'll talk after you all see it..

Sun June 13, 2021 3:16 am

its 2 hours long and took us 4.5 hours to get through it..we first lost it 20 minutes in when he was drinking at siberia bar which was an old haunt of ours...

Sun June 13, 2021 3:29 am

Again I say, I'm not ready...

Sun June 13, 2021 4:42 am

doug rr wrote:its 2 hours long and took us 4.5 hours to get through it..we first lost it 20 minutes in when he was drinking at siberia bar which was an old haunt of ours...

How was the Jollibee?

Sun June 13, 2021 4:58 pm

spike wrote:
doug rr wrote:its 2 hours long and took us 4.5 hours to get through it..we first lost it 20 minutes in when he was drinking at siberia bar which was an old haunt of ours...

How was the Jollibee?

just had great homemade pizza and wings...3 of us polished off a bottle of bourbon and half a bottle of scotch..good times..so many great stories told though the night

Sun June 13, 2021 4:59 pm

epilogue wrote:Again I say, I'm not ready...

we'll wait as long as it takes you...

Fri July 16, 2021 4:12 pm

This is so fucked up. Way over the line.

Fri July 16, 2021 4:19 pm

it is weird but at the same time, not sure if it changes that much if its three lines.

Fri July 16, 2021 4:20 pm

This is just the latest in several bad things to come out about this movie. Seriously starting to consider skipping it.

Fri July 16, 2021 4:21 pm

what are the others? the stuff with Asia?

Fri July 16, 2021 4:51 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:This is just the latest in several bad things to come out about this movie. Seriously starting to consider skipping it.

P*ssy

Fri July 16, 2021 11:40 pm

Would rather watch a Rick Steves bio

Tue July 27, 2021 2:47 am

Saw Roadrunner today.

Very VERY mixed feelings. Overall I think Tony would have hated it. But to be fair he probably would have hated any movie made about him.

There's a lot of surface stuff and almost no digging down. The first third of there movie is the best. There last third is a mess. There's stuff to like and celebrate. Especially the stuff from those who knew him best.

I have a million thoughts. But mostly I think I'm disappointed. The best stuff is genuinely moving and reminds me of who Bourdain was and the real, undeniable, and incredible impact he had on so many people. But I just feel like overall this movie got it wrong.

This isn't the movie Tony deserves.

Tue July 27, 2021 2:49 am

this is exactly my fear

Tue July 27, 2021 2:51 am

Was a Tony movie so soon ever going to satisfy Joey, though? Seems like a non-starter for the passionate fans.

Tue July 27, 2021 2:53 am

tragabigzanda wrote:this is exactly my fear

I had avoided reading anything about the movie including this thread. I wanted to go in cold. But now that I'm caught up and have read your earlier posts, I think you're fine skipping it.

Honestly, I'm torn. I did get a lot out of it, too. But still I feel like it was off. And I'm not sure I'll better for having seen it.

Tue July 27, 2021 3:01 am

I really enjoyed the "Under the Tarp" special they released at the end of PU. And it looks like some of that footage was used in the doc. It didn't feel all-encompassing, but it did feel honest. And I think I'm fine with how succinct it was, given they way things ended.
Post a reply