Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Fri June 26, 2020 1:09 am

Fire stick customers, too.

Fri June 26, 2020 4:54 pm

We watched a couple of Parts Unknown eps last night to honor Tony's birthday. We watched the final ep (the LES one). We hadn't seen it yet and it was really difficult for so many reasons.

Then we watched the San Sebastian ep and that was pure joy. I want to live there.

Man, I miss Bourdain...

Fri June 26, 2020 4:58 pm

I LOVE the San Sebastian one. We thought about taking our honeymoon there based mostly on that episode alone.

Fri June 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Jokes on us, our honeymoon is actually just staying at home and watching Anthony Bourdain :haha:

Fri June 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Yeah, that San Sebastian episode is one of the best. It also kind of makes me grumpy, because I spent a week there in 2002, before I had any real interest in, or awareness of, the local cuisine.

Fri June 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Jumping back to Joe's other post though, some of the final No Reservations episodes are really hard given his suicide. On the one hand there's the Nicaragua one where he basically has a breakdown from seeing so much poverty, and you can sort of see how not just the travel but the *kind* of travel he did would have the potential to make the world feel really dark. And on the other hand there are some really joyous, wonderful episodes like the final one in Brooklyn that feel so far from the dark tone of those final PU ones. I keep saying it but man, what a loss.

Thu July 09, 2020 3:13 am

PU S10 - Sri Lanka

Not one of the stronger episodes — seems to be missing a personal element, feels more like a NatGeo thing. Some of the food looks great though.

Sun August 02, 2020 12:09 am

Saw the Buenos Aires ep again recently and i was super emotional when Tony talks to the shrink and says he is not happy. Super honest and raw.

Tue October 20, 2020 9:58 pm

The behind-the-scenes episode called Under the Tarp is pretty great.

Wed October 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Watched the Libya episode last night. Made me even more thankful for my life in the states.

Mon December 07, 2020 12:57 am

In case it wasn’t posted

From Bob Dylan to Velvet Underground: Anthony Bourdain’s 25 favourite songs to cook to

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/anthony-bo ... MONsVlnkF8

Sat December 19, 2020 11:25 pm

12 seasons of Parts Unknown on HBO Max

Sat December 19, 2020 11:26 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:12 seasons of Parts Unknown on HBO Max

:hooray:

Sun December 20, 2020 12:10 am

Im planning on watching a lot of Bourdain tomorrow. But its always hard.

Sun December 20, 2020 12:14 am

VinylGuy wrote:Im planning on watching a lot of Bourdain tomorrow. But its always hard.
:heartbeat:

Sun December 20, 2020 3:24 am

epilogue wrote:

Oh wow. This is a game changer.

Sun December 20, 2020 3:56 am

We watched the Mississippi one tonight

Sun December 20, 2020 4:16 am

Lol I know like half of the people in that one, and all of the restaurants.

Mon December 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Chris_H_2 wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Oh wow. This is a game changer.

Yeah I've been rewatching these as well. Such a great show and makes his loss sting even more. Shout out to the fantastic Seattle episode and the excellent song montage and interview with Mark Lanegan

Mon December 21, 2020 3:08 pm

I love that they picked Goodbye To Beauty for that moment. One of my favs from Lanegan.
Post a reply