Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

Anthony Bourdain
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8628
Page 23 of 25

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 01, 2020 2:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mickey wrote:
I'm trying to remember now, where was the ep shot? I mostly remember the scenes near Aeroparque Newberry. I'll also note that I watched that one after living in BA/surroundings for a year, so part of my disappointment was that every minute on the couch was a minute not spent seeing the city I missed.


He stays a lot in San Telmo and near Boca Jrs Stadium. There is a shot of Cafe Rivas, one of my favorite places.

Author:  Mickey [ Mon June 01, 2020 2:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Seriously? I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 01, 2020 2:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mickey wrote:
Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.


Its a very quick shot at the beginning. Were did you lived? the streets?

Author:  Mickey [ Mon June 01, 2020 3:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.


Its a very quick shot at the beginning. Were did you lived? the streets?


It's been five years but I'm pretty certain we were on Piedras between Calvo and Humberto.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon June 01, 2020 3:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Yeah man, Mickey is from the streets

Author:  Mickey [ Mon June 01, 2020 3:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Yeah man, Mickey is from the streets


They are my proverbial octagon.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 01, 2020 3:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.


Its a very quick shot at the beginning. Were did you lived? the streets?


It's been five years but I'm pretty certain we were on Piedras between Calvo and Humberto.


Nice, seven blocks from my place.

Author:  Mickey [ Mon June 01, 2020 3:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.


Its a very quick shot at the beginning. Were did you lived? the streets?


It's been five years but I'm pretty certain we were on Piedras between Calvo and Humberto.


Nice, seven blocks from my place.


Loved that neighborhood. So many great little places but the one I think about the most might be Banco Rojo.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 01, 2020 3:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.


Its a very quick shot at the beginning. Were did you lived? the streets?


It's been five years but I'm pretty certain we were on Piedras between Calvo and Humberto.


Nice, seven blocks from my place.


Loved that neighborhood. So many great little places but the one I think about the most might be Banco Rojo.


Man Banco Rojo is one of my favs!! I recently had one of their hamburgers..they have take away now. Yeah, such a cool spot. Yeah, there are a lot of cool places.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon June 08, 2020 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

2 years ago today. :(

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 08, 2020 1:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

:-(

Author:  doug rr [ Mon June 08, 2020 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Image

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon June 08, 2020 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 08, 2020 2:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

yeah I remember this one. Also, wtf was with that block of gooey cheese-meat thing they ate?!

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon June 08, 2020 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

yeah I remember this one. Also, wtf was with that block of gooey cheese-meat thing they ate?!

you don't mean the raclette, do you?

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 08, 2020 2:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

yeah I remember this one. Also, wtf was with that block of gooey cheese-meat thing they ate?!

you don't mean the raclette, do you?

fuck no, raclette is delicious.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 08, 2020 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

found it, it was called "farçon" -- potato loaf with bacon, dried fruit, spices (I'm pretty sure they covered theirs in cheese though?):

Image

Author:  wease [ Mon June 08, 2020 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

tragabigzanda wrote:
found it, it was called "farçon" -- potato loaf with bacon, dried fruit, spices (I'm pretty sure they covered theirs in cheese though?):

Image

Well why wouldn’t you cover that with cheese?

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 08, 2020 2:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

peeps, your rebuttal?

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 08, 2020 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Anthony Bourdain

Two years already? Damn.

Ill watch the Uruguay one today.

Page 23 of 25 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/