Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mon June 01, 2020 2:30 am

Mickey wrote:I'm trying to remember now, where was the ep shot? I mostly remember the scenes near Aeroparque Newberry. I'll also note that I watched that one after living in BA/surroundings for a year, so part of my disappointment was that every minute on the couch was a minute not spent seeing the city I missed.

He stays a lot in San Telmo and near Boca Jrs Stadium. There is a shot of Cafe Rivas, one of my favorite places.

Mon June 01, 2020 2:55 am

Seriously? I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.

Mon June 01, 2020 2:56 am

Mickey wrote:Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.

Its a very quick shot at the beginning. Were did you lived? the streets?

Mon June 01, 2020 3:16 am

VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:Seriously. I'm going to have to rewatch it, I don't remember that at all. I lived in San Telmo for a month, must have gone to Cafe Rivas 2-3 times at least.

It's been five years but I'm pretty certain we were on Piedras between Calvo and Humberto.

Mon June 01, 2020 3:24 am

Yeah man, Mickey is from the streets

Mon June 01, 2020 3:29 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Yeah man, Mickey is from the streets

They are my proverbial octagon.

Mon June 01, 2020 3:31 am

Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

It's been five years but I'm pretty certain we were on Piedras between Calvo and Humberto.

Nice, seven blocks from my place.

Mon June 01, 2020 3:43 am

VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Loved that neighborhood. So many great little places but the one I think about the most might be Banco Rojo.

Mon June 01, 2020 3:45 am

Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Mickey wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Loved that neighborhood. So many great little places but the one I think about the most might be Banco Rojo.

Man Banco Rojo is one of my favs!! I recently had one of their hamburgers..they have take away now. Yeah, such a cool spot. Yeah, there are a lot of cool places.

Mon June 08, 2020 1:17 pm

2 years ago today. :(

Mon June 08, 2020 1:44 pm

:-(

Mon June 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Mon June 08, 2020 1:53 pm

We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

Mon June 08, 2020 2:15 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

yeah I remember this one. Also, wtf was with that block of gooey cheese-meat thing they ate?!

Mon June 08, 2020 2:20 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:We just watched the French Alps one. It was eerily foreshadowing with some of the things he said in that episode about death and finding his body, all to Ripert himself.

yeah I remember this one. Also, wtf was with that block of gooey cheese-meat thing they ate?!

you don't mean the raclette, do you?

Mon June 08, 2020 2:52 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

you don't mean the raclette, do you?

fuck no, raclette is delicious.

Mon June 08, 2020 2:54 pm

found it, it was called "farçon" -- potato loaf with bacon, dried fruit, spices (I'm pretty sure they covered theirs in cheese though?):

Mon June 08, 2020 2:57 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:found it, it was called "farçon" -- potato loaf with bacon, dried fruit, spices (I'm pretty sure they covered theirs in cheese though?):

Well why wouldn’t you cover that with cheese?

Mon June 08, 2020 2:58 pm

peeps, your rebuttal?

Mon June 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Two years already? Damn.

Ill watch the Uruguay one today.
Post a reply