Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mon July 02, 2018 9:40 pm

doug rr wrote:couldn't be happier that a friend sent me 20 of these stickers in the mail today..

:heartbeat:

Where can I get one of those Doug?

Mon July 02, 2018 10:36 pm

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Mon July 02, 2018 10:40 pm

meatwad wrote:
doug rr wrote:couldn't be happier that a friend sent me 20 of these stickers in the mail today..

:heartbeat:

Where can I get one of those Doug?

the package came from here

https://www.teepublic.com/sticker/741413-saint-anthony

Fri July 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Still haven’t been able to get through a single episode of Parts Unknown without feeling a lump in my throat at some point. Somehow this still feels very raw.

Fri July 06, 2018 1:31 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Somehow this still feels very raw.

That's just how the locals cook it.

Tue July 17, 2018 4:27 am

His final interview. It’s a doozy.

https://popula.com/2018/07/15/bourdain-confidential/

Come back

Tue July 17, 2018 10:32 pm

thanks

Spoiler: show
ps Coliseum gonna get blown the f up now make your visit early

Mon August 20, 2018 6:32 pm

Yikes this Asia Argento stuff... Her first payment of hush money was April of this year. I wonder if this added on to Anthony's depression, finding out about this as he was defending her for the Weinstein stuff

Edit- I realize this was brought up in the Cosby thread, but that thread was just ugly-shaming the kid

Mon August 20, 2018 7:25 pm

The child was not sexy.*

*This reply references a popular and crude RM in-joke and in no way implies that I think the sexiness of the child is in any way relevant. It shouldn't even be brought up.

Sun September 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Awesome article by Bell about his admiration and time with Anthony. I think their episode airs tonight.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/kama ... index.html

Sun September 23, 2018 2:55 pm

I haven’t seen the show since he died.

It’s time.

Sun September 23, 2018 2:56 pm

VinylGuy wrote:I haven’t seen the show since he died.

It’s time.

It's still rough for me. I get emotional during every episode.

Sun September 23, 2018 3:06 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:I haven’t seen the show since he died.

It’s time.

It's still rough for me. I get emotional during every episode.

Im sure it will be weird but life moves on LV.

Sun September 23, 2018 10:45 pm

so when Anthony died, I didn't engage RM at all around the topic for two reasons: I find celebrity death culture to be pretty gross, and I have my own deep feelings about the guy that I didn't feel were worth getting into online (but generally speaking, I loved the dude and think he's head and shoulders above any other TV food personality).

I watched a PU episode recently where something really clicked for me. I can't remember which one it was, I've been sort of making my way through them again. But he was sitting down waiting to meet up with his hosts in some bustling restaurant, he was sort of nervously tapping his foot and twiddling his fingers, and I really thought I recognized a guy much like myself: Someone who hates schedules, who is probably overly sensitive to crowds and loud noises and lots of movement, and I just really sympathized with the dude. Assuming I saw what I thought I was seeing, I could immediately imagine how much worse it would be if I had kids, had a wife who carried her own drama, had an entire film crew and small TV empire resting on my shoulders, and I got it -- the pressure of having to perform, to be on all the time, to keep the conversation interesting and the quips funny and to constantly remark on the quality of the food rather than just enjoy it.

I hope he found the release he was looking for, but I doubt it.

Thu September 27, 2018 12:52 am

Japan with Masa might be my favorite episode. Such a beautiful work of filmmaking. Moving, insightful. I have always found Japanese culture utterly impenetrable but this kinda made something click and now I think I might be ready to take another stab at getting into Japanese movies.

Thu September 27, 2018 2:56 am

yeah that's a great one

Thu September 27, 2018 3:10 am

My four favorite episodes from the first eight seasons:

Jerusalem
Copenhagen
Lyon
Japan with Masa

Thu September 27, 2018 4:19 am

The Lyon one is amazing.

Wed October 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Watched the French Alps episode on the plane. I'm really going to miss seeing new stuff from him. I know this sounds cheesy but we might plan a trip around some of his stops soon.

Wed October 10, 2018 11:27 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Watched the French Alps episode on the plane. I'm really going to miss seeing new stuff from him. I know this sounds cheesy but we might plan a trip around some of his stops soon.

this one was so great. that fruit-meat-gelatinous concoction was weird.
Post a reply