Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Anthony Bourdain

Mon October 03, 2016 11:35 pm

I enjoy watching his Parts Unknown. I usually like the international destinations though. Just watched his recent Nashville one and like most of his u.s. destinations usually end up reminding me how pretentious the food culture in America has become.

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Mon October 03, 2016 11:43 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I enjoy watching his Parts Unknown. I usually like the international destinations though. Just watched his recent Nashville one and like most of his u.s. destinations usually end up reminding me how pretentious the food culture in America has become.

Mon October 03, 2016 11:50 pm

He did go to third man records

Mon October 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Tue October 04, 2016 1:02 am

I wonder if I've ever been to any of the places he visited.

Tue October 04, 2016 1:26 am

I love his work...Although i feel that food culture has become really pretentious and stupid worldwide.

Tue October 04, 2016 2:42 am

it's not just food. it's everything that 20-35 year olds without children do. a significant component of their free time involves consuming food and drink, while articulating their amazing opinions. these apex extended adolescent hominids exhibit price inelasticity with respect to goods and services that satisfy their ego-inflation needs. their inextinguishable time and energy surplus fuels eccentric conspicuous consumption preferences. it creates a vibrant market for locally-sourced holistic organic farm-to-table ass-to-mouth restaurantism.

Tue October 04, 2016 8:49 am

I passed most of a long haul flight a few years ago getting through the No Reservations episodes they had.

Tue October 04, 2016 3:50 pm

96583UP wrote:it's not just food. it's everything that 20-35 year olds without children do. a significant component of their free time involves consuming food and drink, while articulating their amazing opinions. these apex extended adolescent hominids exhibit price inelasticity with respect to goods and services that satisfy their ego-inflation needs. their inextinguishable time and energy surplus fuels eccentric conspicuous consumption preferences. it creates a vibrant market for locally-sourced holistic organic farm-to-table ass-to-mouth restaurantism.

I was thinking the other day how every clickbait article title sprinkles superlatives around like they're going out of style. Is this an extension of the "everyone's a winner" thinking, that everything is "amazing!" and "You'll never believe it!"?

Tue October 04, 2016 7:21 pm

bune wrote:
96583UP wrote:it's not just food. it's everything that 20-35 year olds without children do. a significant component of their free time involves consuming food and drink, while articulating their amazing opinions. these apex extended adolescent hominids exhibit price inelasticity with respect to goods and services that satisfy their ego-inflation needs. their inextinguishable time and energy surplus fuels eccentric conspicuous consumption preferences. it creates a vibrant market for locally-sourced holistic organic farm-to-table ass-to-mouth restaurantism.

I was thinking the other day how every clickbait article title sprinkles superlatives around like they're going out of style. Is this an extension of the "everyone's a winner" thinking, that everything is "amazing!" and "You'll never believe it!"?

:|

Wed October 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Not being able to watch Parks Unknown is the worst thing about not having cable.

Wed October 05, 2016 6:43 pm

im looking for a torrent of the Nashville episode.

Wed October 05, 2016 6:53 pm

So you can make fun of it? :lol:

Wed October 05, 2016 7:49 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:

Eh. It was more of a shower thought than a critique of your wording. One of those "this isn't worthy of a thread" thoughts.

Wed October 05, 2016 7:51 pm

bune wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bune wrote:

Eh. It was more of a shower thought than a critique of your wording. One of those "this isn't worthy of a thread" thoughts.

:lol:

No worries, friend. I was just goofin'.

Tue December 06, 2016 3:54 am

This week's episode in Rome was great. They chose to only film/show Mussolini era buildings in their backgrounds and scene shots.

Tue December 06, 2016 3:57 am

Cool article about it

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/travel/an ... ended_pool

Sun May 07, 2017 11:44 pm

New episode in San Sebastian tonight

Sun May 07, 2017 11:49 pm

sorry you slipped one past the goalie pops

Sun May 07, 2017 11:50 pm

yeah someone really wishes he had the time to ponder the etouffe
Post a reply