Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Captain Marvel (2019)

Tue September 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:I just realized I don't know a single thing about Captain Marvel.

she started out as super strong, flight and a ESP sense

she was attacked in San Francisco by a young teenager raised by mystique and destiny. that teeneagers name is Rogue.

found at the under the golden gate bridge she was in a coma until professor X was able to awaken her. rogues power to absorb a persons powers and psyche were fairly new to her and she had even less control over them. she basically wiped carol danvers of her memories and powers.

something something she ended up in space and was transformed into Binary with power generated from a dwarf star or black hole. she traveled with the star jammers (cyclops dads space pirate outfit) before returning to earth where she was integrated with her former powers and became the avenger known as warbird

something something started drinking

House of M was an alternate reality where Quicksilver used Professor X and his sisters power to reshape reality and give everyone the life the wanted. Carol Danvers, AKA Captain Marvel was the worlds greatest superhero and dated Simon Williams (Wonderman, the worlds foremost movie star)

once House of M was returned to normal Carol and a few others retained their memories and she went about trying to live up to the title of Worlds Greatest Hero with Steve Rogers blessing after he offered her a spot on the new avengers roster

since then she has assumed a larger spotlight in the MU and can be a bit of a hothead and head strong

i believe her powerset is super strength, can survive the vacuum of space, energy absorbtion and projection as well as her military background as a strategist

Tue September 18, 2018 5:50 pm

And she has a cat.

Tue September 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Peeps wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:I just realized I don't know a single thing about Captain Marvel.

she started out as super strong, flight and a ESP sense

she was attacked in San Francisco by a young teenager raised by mystique and destiny. that teeneagers name is Rogue.

found at the under the golden gate bridge she was in a coma until professor X was able to awaken her. rogues power to absorb a persons powers and psyche were fairly new to her and she had even less control over them. she basically wiped carol danvers of her memories and powers.

something something she ended up in space and was transformed into Binary with power generated from a dwarf star or black hole. she traveled with the star jammers (cyclops dads space pirate outfit) before returning to earth where she was integrated with her former powers and became the avenger known as warbird

something something started drinking

House of M was an alternate reality where Quicksilver used Professor X and his sisters power to reshape reality and give everyone the life the wanted. Carol Danvers, AKA Captain Marvel was the worlds greatest superhero and dated Simon Williams (Wonderman, the worlds foremost movie star)

once House of M was returned to normal Carol and a few others retained their memories and she went about trying to live up to the title of Worlds Greatest Hero with Steve Rogers blessing after he offered her a spot on the new avengers roster

since then she has assumed a larger spotlight in the MU and can be a bit of a hothead and head strong

i believe her powerset is super strength, can survive the vacuum of space, energy absorbtion and projection as well as her military background as a strategist

Thanks for the information dump. Still confused though.

Tue September 18, 2018 8:37 pm

I guess I get it but I haven't seen any episodes of SHIELD to have it make any more sense.

Tue September 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Looks bad :|

Tue September 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Admittedly there were quite a few effects shots that look on par with a TV show but they have what six more months? It should be fine by then.

Tue September 18, 2018 9:00 pm

I find Carol Danvers boring and unlikable except when she's interacting with Jessica Jones. Hopefully the movie version is better. Tony Stark sucks in the comics too and he's great in the movies so here's hoping!

Tue September 18, 2018 9:07 pm

bune wrote:And she has a cat.

Tue September 18, 2018 9:50 pm

:thumbsup:

Tue September 18, 2018 9:52 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Thanks for the information dump. Still confused though.

She's kinda like an alien halfbreed who can do all the things.

Wed September 19, 2018 2:02 am

bada wrote:I find Carol Danvers boring and unlikable except when she's interacting with Jessica Jones. Hopefully the movie version is better.

So much this.

Wed September 19, 2018 2:03 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Is that Coulson?!

Yeah, this is set in the past so he has more hair.

Wed September 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Rangi Guy wrote:
bune wrote:And she has a cat.

I literally see the words "image file" but when I quote the post there's obviously a link there. So weird.

So I did a google image search on the URLs and figured it out.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/18/17874 ... at-flerken

Aw man, I didn't get to read the next issue because of my stupid library.

Wed September 19, 2018 4:27 pm

I don't know the character at all, but I dug that trailer, given how little it shared. I like the look and feel of the character, and there was a big part of me that was just feeling pretty excited that my girls could have a super hero that was there's. I did get a bit of a charge of the brief montage right before the end of the character just getting up after all the times she was knocked down.

Wed September 19, 2018 5:43 pm

I enjoyed the punching of the old woman. Other than that an entirely underwhelming trailer.

Wed September 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Peeps wrote:MY

LORD

Yeah. Looked like she even Binaryd out there at the end.

Wed September 19, 2018 8:47 pm

@SkitchP wrote:I enjoyed the punching of the old woman. Other than that an entirely underwhelming trailer.

We can all get behind that!

Wed September 19, 2018 9:04 pm

More old women need to be punched.

Wed September 19, 2018 9:31 pm

stip wrote:I don't know the character at all, but I dug that trailer, given how little it shared. I like the look and feel of the character, and there was a big part of me that was just feeling pretty excited that my girls could have a super hero that was there's. I did get a bit of a charge of the brief montage right before the end of the character just getting up after all the times she was knocked down.

aw huh

All of this.

But also... Brie Larson.

Wed September 19, 2018 10:42 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:I don't know the character at all, but I dug that trailer, given how little it shared. I like the look and feel of the character, and there was a big part of me that was just feeling pretty excited that my girls could have a super hero that was there's. I did get a bit of a charge of the brief montage right before the end of the character just getting up after all the times she was knocked down.

aw huh

All of this.

But also... Brie Larson.

I have been largely indifferent to Brie Larson previously, but yeah... Brie Larson.
Post a reply