The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4646
wease wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the helmet allows her to breathe in atmosphere's/places that she normally wouldnt be able to, as does starlords. its not so much to hide an identity

She doesn’t need it with her Binary powers, tho, which seemed to be what was going on there at the end.


i think thats the case too

while not binary the fact that her powers are from the
Spoiler: show
tesseract
will allow her to do that but i think the gist of it all is she had no idea how powerful she was and just thought she could shoot beams

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
Peeps wrote:
wease wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the helmet allows her to breathe in atmosphere's/places that she normally wouldnt be able to, as does starlords. its not so much to hide an identity

She doesn’t need it with her Binary powers, tho, which seemed to be what was going on there at the end.


i think thats the case too

while not binary the fact that her powers are from the
Spoiler: show
tesseract
will allow her to do that but i think the gist of it all is she had no idea how powerful she was and just thought she could shoot beams

Spoiler: show
yall forgetting the chip on her neck holding back her powers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 15756
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Mecca wrote:
Peeps wrote:
wease wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the helmet allows her to breathe in atmosphere's/places that she normally wouldnt be able to, as does starlords. its not so much to hide an identity

She doesn’t need it with her Binary powers, tho, which seemed to be what was going on there at the end.


i think thats the case too

while not binary the fact that her powers are from the
Spoiler: show
tesseract
will allow her to do that but i think the gist of it all is she had no idea how powerful she was and just thought she could shoot beams

Spoiler: show
yall forgetting the chip on her neck holding back her powers

She removed it. Quite blatantly.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Wed March 13, 2019 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
wease wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Peeps wrote:
wease wrote:
Peeps wrote:
the helmet allows her to breathe in atmosphere's/places that she normally wouldnt be able to, as does starlords. its not so much to hide an identity

She doesn’t need it with her Binary powers, tho, which seemed to be what was going on there at the end.


i think thats the case too

while not binary the fact that her powers are from the
Spoiler: show
tesseract
will allow her to do that but i think the gist of it all is she had no idea how powerful she was and just thought she could shoot beams

Spoiler: show
yall forgetting the chip on her neck holding back her powers

She removed it. Quite blatantly.

I know; peeps is saying she didn’t know but the truth was probably that she couldn’t at the time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 40485
Location: Garbage Dump
Gentlemen, please!

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
stop watching CNN and follow real news sites like 4chan


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 15756
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
wease wrote:
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

Don’t fall for that shit, wease


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 10143
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
wease wrote:
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

How do we know that they aren't?

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 15756
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Mecca wrote:
wease wrote:
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

Don’t fall for that shit, wease

I’ve not fallen for anything.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
wease wrote:
Mecca wrote:
wease wrote:
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

Don’t fall for that shit, wease

I’ve not fallen for anything.

I’ve seen zero outrage over it (not that means there isn’t any). People just need to get over their wish-fulfillment fantasies if they had any problems with it. Kinda seems like Carol wasn’t interested in any romance from anything they showed us.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 15756
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Mecca wrote:
wease wrote:
Mecca wrote:
wease wrote:
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

Don’t fall for that shit, wease

I’ve not fallen for anything.

I’ve seen zero outrage over it (not that means there isn’t any). People just need to get over their wish-fulfillment fantasies if they had any problems with it. Kinda seems like Carol wasn’t interested in any romance from anything they showed us.

My only wish fulfillment fantasy is that she comes home to me every night.

_________________
”Maybe greed is all cocks at the end." - Jaime Lannister


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 7976
Location: Washington State
I mean, there was a Captain Marvel who was a lesbian so I get it but still that's not Carol Danvers, the one the movie is about.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
wease wrote:
Mecca wrote:
wease wrote:
Mecca wrote:
wease wrote:
Apparently there’s outrage because Carol and Maria weren’t lesbian lovers.

Don’t fall for that shit, wease

I’ve not fallen for anything.

I’ve seen zero outrage over it (not that means there isn’t any). People just need to get over their wish-fulfillment fantasies if they had any problems with it. Kinda seems like Carol wasn’t interested in any romance from anything they showed us.

My only wish fulfillment fantasy is that she comes home to me every night.

We dream the same dream


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2019 7:51 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1072
Just saw this with my neice. We both really enjoyed it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2019 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 34508
Location: Buenos Aires
JuanHamm wrote:
Just saw this with my neice. We both really enjoyed it.

Your niece is humoring you


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Captain Marvel (2019)
PostPosted: Sun March 17, 2019 8:30 pm 
Offline
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Posts: 1072
theplatypus wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Just saw this with my neice. We both really enjoyed it.

Your niece is humoring you


She's not that slick.

I got a little drunk, which lowered my cynicism enough for me to enjoy it.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Simple Torture and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue March 19, 2019 12:11 am