The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 33477
Location: Buenos Aires
Probably more ninjas


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 3566
Location: right there
Peeps wrote:
i know i have the stigma of adoring marvel but i liked iron fist and i like him in the defenders too.

dont get me wrong, hes the 4th best of the characters but thats more of how great charlie, ritter and coulter have been not how bad he is

Peeps I've never read any Iron Fist is he really such a dumbass in the books too?

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Peeps wrote:
that sets up season 3 of DD and a story line from the comics. will be interesting to see who the big bad is

That's already been hugely hinted at.
Spoiler: show
looks to me like the Born Again storyline is coming


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Peeps wrote:
that sets up season 3 of DD and a story line from the comics. will be interesting to see who the big bad is

Also, that's not what I saw after the end credits.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 9280
doone wrote:
Peeps wrote:
i know i have the stigma of adoring marvel but i liked iron fist and i like him in the defenders too.

dont get me wrong, hes the 4th best of the characters but thats more of how great charlie, ritter and coulter have been not how bad he is

Peeps I've never read any Iron Fist is he really such a dumbass in the books too?


I'm not an Iron Fist aficionado but in the comics I've read they tend to take him seriously in solo books but he's a goof ball when teamed with Luke Cage.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
bada wrote:
doone wrote:
Peeps wrote:
i know i have the stigma of adoring marvel but i liked iron fist and i like him in the defenders too.

dont get me wrong, hes the 4th best of the characters but thats more of how great charlie, ritter and coulter have been not how bad he is

Peeps I've never read any Iron Fist is he really such a dumbass in the books too?


I'm not an Iron Fist aficionado but in the comics I've read they tend to take him seriously in solo books but he's a goof ball when teamed with Luke Cage.

He is now, but in their original book, he was not.

His first (2) solo series are fucking awesome. Made me a lifelong fan of the character.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I found parts of Iron Fist weak, but I don't hate Danny Rand. He's fine.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4386
hes not a dumbass per se, but before the shift in how comics were written (starting in the 2000s) i think he got more serious and better written

little known fact. wolverines biggest antagonist started off as an Iron Fist villain, Sabretooth himself

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
Peeps wrote:
hes not a dumbass per se, but before the shift in how comics were written (starting in the 2000s) i think he got more serious and better written

little known fact. wolverines biggest antagonist started off as an Iron Fist villain, Sabretooth himself

Number 14. That was a longtime grail issue for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
If Iron Fist is going to stick around they need to knock him down to rock bottom and kick some of the naive out of him.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Fri August 25, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I like how Danny Rand has killed a dragon, but Daredevil kicks his ass in Ep. 5.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sat August 26, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I like how this wrapped up. Episode 8 was great, especially the fight scene soundtracked by Protect Ya' Neck.



Also, random thought ... do you think Danny Rand masturbates with the Iron Fist, or would that rip his dick off?

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sat August 26, 2017 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I don't think his dong would survive it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2402
Dumb question but

Spoiler: show
did stick die?? They said they found 2 beheaded bodies in the police station


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 3566
Location: right there
i got bugs wrote:
Dumb question but

Spoiler: show
did stick die?? They said they found 2 beheaded bodies in the police station

Spoiler: show
Yes but does anyone ever stay dead

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
doone wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Dumb question but

Spoiler: show
did stick die?? They said they found 2 beheaded bodies in the police station

Spoiler: show
Yes but does anyone ever stay dead


Theoretically, only if beheaded.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Wed August 30, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2402
B wrote:
doone wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Dumb question but

Spoiler: show
did stick die?? They said they found 2 beheaded bodies in the police station

Spoiler: show
Yes but does anyone ever stay dead


Theoretically, only if beheaded.


Spoiler: show
I'd imagine he was the one responsible for getting Matt to his mom in the convent, maybe elektra


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9770
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
"Light it up, Danny." and Protect ya' Neck comes on. That's a pretty sweet fucking scene.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 5001
This is unbelievably terrible and confirms that David Tennant was the saving grace of Jessica Jones Season 1.

The acting couldn't be any worse.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's The Defenders (Netflix)
PostPosted: Mon September 04, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 14025
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I just realized the dude playing Iron Fist is in GoT


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 16, 2018 3:48 am