The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Stranger Things
PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 9:02 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

My main take away is I don't get the point of Max's "brother" outside of filling in the 80's bully role. It's all I kept thinking about. Why are we spending time with him? He didn't really need to be there at all unless he becomes more important later. He did push the plot subtly in spots but those progressions could have easily been helped along without him. I did like the scene with him and Mike's Mom though.

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 9:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bada wrote:
My main take away is I don't get the point of Max's "brother" outside of filling in the 80's bully role. It's all I kept thinking about. Why are we spending time with him? He didn't really need to be there at all unless he becomes more important later. He did push the plot subtly in spots but those progressions could have easily been helped along without him. I did like the scene with him and Mike's Mom though.

I think he was there to make Steve more believable as a squad member, but yeah that scene with Mike's mom was a good way to give the viewers a break from the suspense.

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 10:31 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
bada wrote:

I think he was there to make Steve more believable as a squad member, but yeah that scene with Mike's mom was a good way to give the viewers a break from the suspense.

Also it gave me a boner.

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 10:31 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
bada wrote:

Also it gave me a boner.

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 10:33 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
bada wrote:

Also it gave me a boner.

She is good looking. You might even say she's a tall drink of water.

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 10:37 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bi_3 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
bada wrote:

Also it gave me a boner.

She is good looking. You might even say she's a tall drink of water.

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 10:53 pm 
The Master

Im talking about him though...him and his beautiful mullet.

PostPosted: Thu November 16, 2017 10:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
Im talking about him though...him and his beautiful mullet.

Oh I know. That's why I said :shock:

PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 1:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
bada wrote:

Also it gave me a boner.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 1:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bi_3 wrote:
bada wrote:

yeah, they actually talked about that in the beyond stranger things episodes, they wanted someone other then the monsters to be a bad guy and it helped push steve more into the hero side of things

PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 11:10 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Finished this last night, watched the final two episodes back to back.

It was fine, overall I liked this series more than the first one. Paul Reiser was great.

I found the bits with Max, Billy and Kali some of the more interesting bits of the series so I hope there's a lot of foreshadowing of a third series going on there.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 9:16 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Can't believe I waited this long, but watching both seasons was a great start to 2018.

I think Max and Lucas had a really interesting chemistry, loved their scenes together.

PostPosted: Tue January 09, 2018 10:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
Can't believe I waited this long, but watching both seasons was a great start to 2018.

I think Max and Lucas had a really interesting chemistry, loved their scenes together.

They were two of my favorite parts of S2.

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 8:20 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Mon July 16, 2018 10:13 pm 
The Master

Started season 2 the other night.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 1:59 am 
Major Dude

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Started season 2 the other night.

The finale is probably my favorite episode of the series so far.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 3:01 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Not coming back until summer of 2019

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 5:01 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Not coming back until summer of 2019

Good. It'll make the time jump more believable.

PostPosted: Wed July 18, 2018 5:16 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Those are going to be some ugly kids by the time this comes back.

PostPosted: Thu July 19, 2018 1:50 pm 
The Master

6 episodes into season 2. Started off really strongly. Last two episodes were ok.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment