The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Stranger Things
PostPosted: Wed July 20, 2016 8:29 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure what you guys see in this show. I've seen the first 3 episodes and so far it isn't scary, interesting or intriguing at all. Yeah, the cast is good, and the 80s setting + score is kind of cool, but it has all the menace and atmosphere of an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark.

you're a little too young to be the target demographic.

PostPosted: Fri July 22, 2016 8:35 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

this show is so great...theme tune actually sounds like the music on an old commodore 64 game :

PostPosted: Fri July 22, 2016 8:39 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
The premise is interesting. The 80s tone is fun. The kids good (11 is GREAT). The rest of the acting is spotty. Winona Ryder is the worst part of the show. But I'm not 100% invested. It's more about seeing what happens. It's less than all the other things its been compared to: Twin Peaks, The X-Files, Super 8, The Goonies, etc.

But I am enjoying the show (after 2 episodes). I don't dislike it. There's enough there to keep me watching. But if you're wanting to be frightened or whatever, this is the wrong show for you.

I was scared..but i'm asily scared..I don't watch anything even remotely haunty or scary.

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 3:48 pm 

Second season of Stranger Things is in the works, according to Matthew Modine

So, by now, you'll have finished Stranger Things and are undoubtedly gagging for another season. Worry not. In an interview with Variety, the Duffer Brothers confirmed that they've outlined a thirty-page document which has set out next season and where each and every character will play into the story.

However, it's worth pointing out that Netflix hasn't officially announced and confirmed that Stranger Things is getting a second season yet. But, on the other hand, Dr. Bennett AKA acting legend Matthew Modine was recently interviewed and said that, yes, a second season was coming. Moreover, in said interview, the Duffer Brothers did say that they've got big plans for the second season.

Our guess? Netflix would be very, very stupid not to renew it for a second season.

Let's get to what's in store for the second season. The big point to take away is that Eleven, the young girl with the psychic powers, didn't exactly die. In fact, she vanished. So says Matt Duffer, one of the showrunners, who explains that "something happened to her when she destroyed and killed that monster and we don’t know (where) she went. Hopper is left with this guilt because he sold her out. We wanted to leave it sort of mysterious exactly what he knows."

"Have there been sightings in the woods or is he hoping she’s out there or has he already made contact with her? We don’t answer any of that, but we like the idea of potentially putting her and Hopper together."

What's more, the Duffer Brothers also explained a little bit about why Nancy decided to take back Steve and his amazing hair. "We made that month-long jump at the end of the season, and we don’t exactly know what happened in between. We feel like we hinted at it in the hospital scene where we’re seeing Jonathan with his brother, and how happy he is, whereas Nancy obviously still has this tremendous guilt and anger over what happened to Barb. She’s lost someone, so even though there is a victory, it’s certainly bittersweet for Nancy and she needs someone in that time."

As it stands, Stranger Things has received huge praises from critics alike. Our own Fiona Flynn called it one of the best shows on Netflix right now and has scored incredibly high on iMDB, Metacritic and even Stephen King - who was a huge influence on the show - tweeted about his love of the show.

There's got to be a second season, right? Right?

http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/Second- ... 383413.htm

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 4:34 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Im ok with this one being the only season.

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 4:48 pm 

I'm torn...the duffers are obviously talented and i'd like to see what else they have but if they could develop this for just one more season, just one more, i'd be ok with it..

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 5:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, of course i want to know what happen to those guys, to eleven..specially what happen in that car with Hopper.
But im ok with that ending too.

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 5:42 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

I took the ending to be one with enough closure in case they didn't get a season two, and enough loose threads to build a season two.

Really enjoyed the kids and how they played it up.

The Ringer has a love letter to Barb: https://theringer.com/everyone-needs-a- ... .1s7e80jzh

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 5:45 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
yeah, of course i want to know what happen to those guys, to eleven..specially what happen in that car with Hopper.
But im ok with that ending too.

Spoiler: show
11 is dead though. But I can see her being alive and lost and a a bit wild living in the forest on the underside. I'm guessing.

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Sun July 24, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 6:11 pm 
Production Police

durdencommatyler wrote:
Watched the firs two episodes.

It's fine.

Winona Ryder needs to calm. the. fuck. down. I haven't seen that level of overacting in a long time.

Haven't watched this yet, but that's the only impression I've gotten from the promo stuff I've seen.. V

PostPosted: Sat July 23, 2016 11:25 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

HEY THANKS FOR THE SPOILER, DIME

PostPosted: Sun July 24, 2016 5:26 am 
Production Police

I liked the first episode plenty. 60% Spielberg/40% Stephen King. Great casting throughout, except for Ryder whom I agree is annoyingly over-the-top. The brief convo between the sheriff and the science teacher was corny, too. I like the look of everything and I'd say my favorite part so far is the music. Oh, and I already like this way more than Super 8.

PostPosted: Sun July 24, 2016 8:09 am 
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum

I checked this out this weekend. It's soooo good. I love it. Especially the original music. Really nails the 80's vibes. 4 episodes in and I can't get enough.

PostPosted: Sun July 24, 2016 12:42 pm 

Sorry Jorge. Wasn't thinking.

PostPosted: Sun July 24, 2016 8:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Just finished watching this over the weekend - what cool wee series!
Not sure if a 2nd season will match up to what they just did, but I enjoyed the hell out of that!

PostPosted: Mon July 25, 2016 3:34 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

This is terrific.

PostPosted: Mon July 25, 2016 3:43 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Some good things about this show but I wish it stopped trying so hard to stick to the kid-friendly Spielberg tone and went just a little bit further. The part in episode 5 where the kids are talking to the teacher about interdimensional travel was almost the breaking point for me.

PostPosted: Mon July 25, 2016 3:55 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

yeah a lot of it feels really forced.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Mon July 25, 2016 4:55 am 
Production Police

Three episodes in, and at this point it's feeling pretty uneven.

PostPosted: Mon July 25, 2016 5:07 am 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
Some good things about this show but I wish it stopped trying so hard to stick to the kid-friendly Spielberg tone and went just a little bit further. The part in episode 5 where the kids are talking to the teacher about interdimensional travel was almost the breaking point for me.

hahaha, all i could think about was:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment