The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Stranger Things
PostPosted: Sat July 02, 2022 3:46 am 
Rank This Poster

Totally overstuffed.

Eddie’s guitar moment fucking ruled, tho.

PostPosted: Sat July 02, 2022 4:10 am 
Mind Your Tanners

150 minute episode?

PostPosted: Sat July 02, 2022 4:16 am 
Future Drummer

Mickey wrote:
150 minute episode?

Yes and it’s awesome. Sets up season 5 nicely.

PostPosted: Sat July 02, 2022 5:02 am 
Mind Your Tanners

The 82 minute penultimate episode was bloated and precious but I imagine they'll turn it around in the final two hours and thirty minutes.

PostPosted: Sat July 02, 2022 12:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Five episodes into S4 and I think this of easily the best season of the show so far. I kinda love it.

PostPosted: Sat July 02, 2022 6:13 pm 
Future Drummer

epilogue wrote:
Five episodes into S4 and I think this of easily the best season of the show so far. I kinda love it.

Been a giant fan of this show from the beginning, and also think this is easily the best season. Something special overall about this one, plus we get a good amount of Eleven’s history. It’s always been a bit goofy, but in such an endearing way.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 4:23 am 
The Master

I feel like I should get around to watching season 3 as well.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 5:01 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Gonna be interesting to see how committed they are to the "these 20-somethings are still 14" bit given that they haven't even started filming the final season (which obviously must take place in the immediate aftermath of S4) yet.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 7:07 pm 
She / Her

Eleven will never not be my favourite thing about the show; I shed a tear during *that scene*

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 9:50 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Mickey wrote:
Gonna be interesting to see how committed they are to the "these 20-somethings are still 14" bit given that they haven't even started filming the final season (which obviously must take place in the immediate aftermath of S4) yet.

I've seen it suggested there could be a time jump of several years for the final season, which makes sense given the kids' ages.

Joe Keery/Steve Harrington is in his thirties!

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 9:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Birds in Hell wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I've seen it suggested there could be a time jump of several years for the final season, which makes sense given the kids' ages.

I thought pretty much all the actors in that older group of 'kids' were in their 30's

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 9:55 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

damn love these two eps

S4 was outstanding.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 9:57 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Rangi Guy wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I thought pretty much all the actors in that older group of 'kids' were in their 30's

I had to check, rest are mid/late 20s - but still, not 18 as they're playing in the show.

PostPosted: Sun July 03, 2022 11:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Birds in Hell wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Mickey wrote:

I had to check, rest are mid/late 20s - but still, not 18 as they're playing in the show.

Some of them are playing 14! Mike, Dustin etc. are all freshmen in high school (actors are 17-20), Nancy/Jonathan are seniors (actors 27-28), I think Steve is supposed to be 19 (actor is 30)

It really took some suspension of disbelief this year and I don't think there's any way they can do a time jump based on that final scene of imminent showdown.

PostPosted: Mon July 04, 2022 3:41 am 
slower than 82% of US

Mickey wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Mickey wrote:

Some of them are playing 14! Mike, Dustin etc. are all freshmen in high school (actors are 17-20), Nancy/Jonathan are seniors (actors 27-28), I think Steve is supposed to be 19 (actor is 30)

It really took some suspension of disbelief this year and I don't think there's any way they can do a time jump based on that final scene of imminent showdown.

Wet Hot American Summer did it, why can’t stranger things?

PostPosted: Mon July 04, 2022 4:23 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Genre?

PostPosted: Mon July 04, 2022 5:57 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

daft twat wrote:
Totally overstuffed.

Eddie’s guitar moment fucking ruled, tho.

Totally overstuffed and I wouldn’t cut a second. Loved it.

Last edited by Ensign9 on Mon July 04, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon July 04, 2022 6:00 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Mickey wrote:

I think the creators recently said there’ll be a time jump. And nothing was necessarily imminent there other than Hawkins turning into Upside Down land. My guess is the military will cordon off the town. Vecna is hurt bad and needs time to recover while the town slowly transforms.

I didn’t love the “Mind Flayer is a Vecna puppet” reveal because it felt like a retcon and one that ties up most of any remaining mystery other than what that cloud of dust and dimension are. But I’m guessing this was their plan all along.

PostPosted: Mon July 04, 2022 9:35 am 
jeeeesus relax already

I kinda liked it. Explains why modine was sending eleven to that place too.
Vecna kinda gave the mind flyer a purpose.

If we get the next season to be placed in the 90s we are getting some Pearl Jam for sure !!

PostPosted: Mon July 04, 2022 10:51 am 
Future Drummer

Mickey wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Mickey wrote:

My man, I think a big part of this show is that there’s a bit of nostalgia (80s feel) and it’s just supposed to be fun. You’re thinking too much about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 687 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment