The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

When You Dish Upon a Star vs. My Sister, My Sitter
When You Dish Upon a Star 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
My Sister, My Sitter 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: When You Dish Upon a Star vs. My Sister, My Sitter
PostPosted: Wed June 15, 2016 11:59 pm 
The worst

When You Dish Upon A Star

Bart and Lisa persuade their parents to spend the day at Lake Springfield. While there, Homer attempts parasailing and is involved in an accident when he tells Marge to send him up far too high; as a result, his rope detaches. He crashes through a glass roof and into the bedroom of Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger's secluded summer home. The couple and Homer become acquainted. Homer convinces the couple to allow him to be their assistant, while keeping it secret that the celebrity couple are in Springfield. Homer, at first, works well with the couple, and they all become good friends. Homer scares Ron Howard when he visits the couple, and soon attempts to pitch a screenplay about a "killer robot driving instructor that travels back in time for some reason," as well as a talking pie, the robot's best friend. Both his attempts at writing for the couple are unsuccessful.

Homer, due to his inability to keep a secret, eventually releases the information that Baldwin and Basinger are in Springfield, and the couple's house is discovered by Springfield citizens and the media. Baldwin and Basinger are furious at Homer for breaking their trust, and immediately end their friendship with him and kick him out of their house, and Homer sadly walks to the gate while being pelted with rocks by the citizens. Bitter about losing his celebrity friends and once again feeling like a nobody, Homer begins a mobile museum, entitled "Museum of Hollywood Jerks", which displays the couple's personal belongings in an attempt to expose them as being selfish and uncaring. Basinger, Baldwin and Howard discover the museum while intending to apologize to Homer. A high-speed chase quickly ensues between Homer, in his mobile museum, and the celebrities in their Hummer. Homer agrees to stop after Ron Howard is injured during the chase. Homer is ordered by a court of law to remain 500 miles away from any celebrity, both living or dead. One month later, Ron Howard pitches Homer's screenplay from earlier to Brian Grazer of 20th Century Fox, and over a still of Howard rejoicing over securing the deal, a snippet of the theme song of Happy Days is played.

My Sister, My Sitter

Inspired by "The Babysitter Twins" books, Lisa decides to become a babysitter. However, because of her age, no one takes her seriously. One day, Ned mentions that Maude has been taken hostage in Lebanon and he must leave to get her released, and he agrees to let Lisa babysit Rod and Todd. After a relatively uneventful night, Ned puts out the good word for Lisa, who experiences a business boom.

Meanwhile, the Springfield Squidport reopens and throws a gala. Marge and Homer decide to go and they leave Lisa to babysit Bart and Maggie. Bart is offended by the fact that his younger sister is going to be babysitting him. To complicate things further, Bart torments her by, among other things, ordering an oversized sub, hiring Krusty for a bachelor party, dialing 9-1-1 for a "sisterectomy", and having Maggie eat coffee ice cream for dinner. Eventually, Lisa angrily attempts to jump at Bart, but misses, causing him to fall backwards down the stairs, dislocating his arm and getting a large bump on his head. Bart then realizes that if Lisa does not take him to a hospital, she will not be able to babysit anymore. To make his condition worse, Bart locks himself in his room and hits his head on the door "to make the lump bigger", then falls unconscious.

Lisa tries to call for an ambulance, but the 9-1-1 operator refuses to assist her due to Bart's earlier prank call. Lisa considers asking Dr. Hibbert, but thinks better of it when she realizes that her reputation as a good babysitter will be ruined. Ultimately, she takes the unconscious Bart to Dr. Nick Riviera's clinic in a wheelbarrow, bringing Maggie along in a pet carrier. There is a long line in the waiting room, and Lisa fails to get an appointment. She then tries to wheel Bart to the hospital, but en route, Bart rolls down a cliff and into a muddy river right in front of the crowded Squidport. Everyone assumes that Lisa is on drugs, and that she has murdered Bart and is about to drown the caged Maggie. The scene then fades to the following day, when Bart, whose injuries have been treated, apologizes to Lisa for causing her trouble. She forgives him, but is still distraught that her reputation as a babysitter is now ruined. However, she soon receives babysitting requests from Dr. Hibbert and Ned due to their difficulty finding sitters, much to Lisa's delight.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

Post subject: Re: When You Dish Upon a Star vs. My Sister, My Sitter
PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 12:18 am 
The worst

two adequate episodes. Not really sure how to vote here. Trag?

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 12:22 am 
Production Police

Eh, I would need to watch both of these.
My memory on WYDUAS is that it's not a good episode.
I remember enjoying MSMS, but can't remember specifics.
I'll put it in the queue.

PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 12:23 am 
The worst

that was my memory as well, but I can't really remember any specific jokes from MSMS

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 12:49 am 
The Master

WYDUAS is one of my absolute most beloved episodes.

PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 1:01 am 
Poster of the Year

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
WYDUAS is one of my absolute most beloved episodes.

of course it is you dolt

PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 1:01 am 
Poster of the Year

Go to bread, LV.

PostPosted: Thu June 16, 2016 1:03 am 
The Master

I have weird reasons for liking episodes sometimes. My love of visual atmosphere often plays into the episodes I like the most.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment