The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

I Love Lisa vs. All Singing/All Dancing
I Love Lisa 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
All Singing/All Dancing 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: I Love Lisa vs. All Singing/All Dancing
PostPosted: Tue June 14, 2016 4:29 pm 
The worst

I Love Lisa
"I Love Lisa" is the fifteenth episode of The Simpsons' fourth season. It originally aired on the Fox network in the United States on February 11, 1993.[2] In the episode, Lisa gives Ralph Wiggum a Valentine's Day card when she sees that he has not received any. Ralph reads too much into Lisa's gesture and, much to Lisa's dismay, relentlessly pursues her with affection. Lisa snaps at Ralph and angrily tells him they are not together and that she never liked him. Heartbroken, Ralph channels his feelings into his performance as George Washington in the school's President's Day pageant. After a thunderous applause from the audience, he is able to accept Lisa as just a friend.

Frank Mula wrote the episode, and Wes Archer served as director. Michael Carrington guest-starred as Rex. Al Jean, show runner of the episode, came up with the idea for the story when he remembered that he had received a valentine from a girl in third grade that read "I Choo-Choo-Choose You". The episode was well received by critics; Entertainment Weekly placed the episode twelfth on their top 25 The Simpsons episodes list. The episode received a Nielsen rating of 14.9 and was the highest rated show on the Fox network the week it aired. The staff received an angry letter from a Vietnam veteran because of a flashback scene depicting the fatal shooting of a Vietnam soldier.

All Singing/All Dancing

Homer and Bart rent the film Paint Your Wagon, expecting it to be a shoot-em-up Western, since it stars Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin. Homer is dismayed to find out that it is actually a musical, and express his distaste for such films. Marge is baffled by this, saying that he ironically loves singing. The family starts delivering their dialogue in song form, and Marge decides to prove that Homer loves to sing by showing family videos. Several clips are shown of various songs from past episodes, but Homer is not convinced. At this moment, Snake Jailbird breaks into their house and decides to hold them hostage. However once he hears them singing, Snake decides that they would not make good hostages and leaves.

The family continues to sing and more videos are shown, this time of other Springfield citizens. Snake again breaks into the house and claims that he got a song stuck in his head and the only way to get rid of it is to kill the Simpsons. He tries to shoot them, but discovers that his gun is out of ammo and leaves again. Homer is still not convinced . Marge points out that everyone in town loves to sing, and more clips are shown. Homer is finally convinced and the family sings a final song, admitting that there is something worse than singing: "when a long-running series does a cheesy clip show."

Snake returns for a final time, with ammunition, and aims his gun at them, but the family reveals that they are done singing. Snake declares that he has no problems with them, and leaves. During the end credits, Snake hears the theme song being played over the credits, and stops it with his gun (including the Gracie Films jingle, but not the Fox one).

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

Post subject: Re: I Love Lisa vs. All Singing/All Dancing
PostPosted: Tue June 14, 2016 7:21 pm 
Production Police

A Ralph Wiggum-centric masterpiece vs. an annoying musical episode. There's no contest here.

PostPosted: Tue June 14, 2016 10:38 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Which one of you fucking clowns voted for All Singing/All Dancing?

PostPosted: Tue June 14, 2016 10:39 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

PostPosted: Tue June 14, 2016 10:39 pm 
The worst

tragabigzanda wrote:
A Ralph Wiggum-centric masterpiece vs. an annoying musical episode. There's no contest here.

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue June 14, 2016 10:40 pm 
The worst

all singing/dancing is one of their all time worst

He/Him/His

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment