Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What podcasts are you listening to?

Thu October 04, 2018 7:29 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:There is a lot of cool insight of how to produce...her vision of producing genre, the scope of her first offices, her relationship with Corman and Cameron.
All pretty neat stuff.

Have you listened to The Producer’s Guide? I bet you’d love it.

yeah i do!! The Eli Roth episode is so good.

Thu October 04, 2018 7:29 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:There is a lot of cool insight of how to produce...her vision of producing genre, the scope of her first offices, her relationship with Corman and Cameron.
All pretty neat stuff.

Have you listened to The Producer’s Guide? I bet you’d love it.

yeah i do!! The Eli Roth episode is so good.

It sure is. I love Roth a lot

Thu October 04, 2018 7:30 pm

he is a joy to listen yeah. Funny, very articulate, with an interesting view and insight about how to produce movies.

Thu October 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Recent Maron episodes I've listened to:

Kristen Bell - This was better than I expected. Dax Shepherd is a doofus, but she seems quite lovely and playful.

Anna Faris - This was embarrassing. I could practically hear Maron's boner hitting the underside of his desk. He's so bad at flirting. I hope Sarah the Painter gave him hell.

Slash - This was better than I expected too.

Thu October 04, 2018 7:35 pm

The Slash ep was good yeah. Havent listened to the other two because i dont care about those girls.

Thu October 04, 2018 7:44 pm

The Faris ep didn’t sound like flirting at all. She’s just a lunatic and every time I’ve heard her on a podcast it’s always an awkward disaster (How Did This Get Made?).

Thu October 04, 2018 7:52 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:The Faris ep didn’t sound like flirting at all. She’s just a lunatic and every time I’ve heard her on a podcast it’s always an awkward disaster (How Did This Get Made?).

disagree, maron has this quiet, breathy voice he does when he's trying to flirt. it's gross. I agree she just sounds insane.

Thu October 04, 2018 7:58 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:The Faris ep didn’t sound like flirting at all. She’s just a lunatic and every time I’ve heard her on a podcast it’s always an awkward disaster (How Did This Get Made?).

disagree, maron has this quiet, breathy voice he does when he's trying to flirt. it's gross. I agree she just sounds insane.

Ehh, disagree. I’ve heard him flirt plenty of times on the podcast and this is something else. They just have a weird rapport, and I think a lot of it is just him trying to get ahead of her weirdness.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:21 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Ehh, disagree. I’ve heard him flirt plenty of times on the podcast and this is something else. They just have a weird rapport, and I think a lot of it is just him trying to get ahead of her weirdness.

SMD!

Thu October 04, 2018 8:21 pm

just kidding

Thu October 04, 2018 8:23 pm

Serial Season Three is outstanding. This show really is the gold standard.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:27 pm

what's it about this time?

Thu October 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Well, officially it's about the criminal justice system. But it's really about race.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Apparently Serial didn't get the memo that justice is blind.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Apparently, neither did Justice.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Thu October 04, 2018 8:36 pm

aw huh

Thu October 04, 2018 8:36 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Serial Season Three is outstanding. This show really is the gold standard.

I was skeptical, but I really do like it. There's no mystery, nothing to uncover, no internet hive-mind trying to piece it all together. Just compelling stories. I know lots of podcasts have tackled similar things (Embedded, TAL, Radiolab...basically all the public radio mainstays), so I thought it might seem same-y, but the interviews and stories they are able to capture are gripping for the most part.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:39 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Serial Season Three is outstanding. This show really is the gold standard.

I was skeptical, but I really do like it. There's no mystery, nothing to uncover, no internet hive-mind trying to piece it all together. Just compelling stories. I know lots of podcasts have tackled similar things (Embedded, TAL, Radiolab...basically all the public radio mainstays), so I thought it might seem same-y, but the interviews and stories they are able to capture are gripping for the most part.

Sarah is so compelling. She's an amazing storyteller with a great voice. Her writing is unfuckwithable.

Thu October 04, 2018 8:50 pm

OK, I am ready to let go of lost loves and finally say that Heavyweight is better than Mystery Show. The first ep of the new season is up. I spent 90% of it thinking it was fun and cute, and ended up crying at the end. So good
Post a reply