The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Um... Reid... that Reply All episode was amazing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9971
Location: Space City
Wait until you hear the Zardulu episode.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
washing machine wrote:
Wait until you hear the Zardulu episode.

Real Talk: I literally only listen to episodes of Reply All that have been recommended to me. I subscribe to the pod but I never actually feel like listening to it until someone tells me to check out an episode.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14880
Easton Ellis ´s podcast came back but now you have to pay.

Fuck.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 14, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 65
durdencommatyler wrote:
Any of you ding dongs listening to Disgraceland?


No


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat April 21, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
invention wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Any of you ding dongs listening to Disgraceland?


No

Welp


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 18905
Location: Hunter
durdencommatyler wrote:
Any of you ding dongs listening to Disgraceland?

Cued


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 13675
Location: mtlqcca
durdencommatyler wrote:
Um... Reid... that Reply All episode was amazing.

I listened to it today. Soooooo good

_________________
If we don't open our eyes to reality soon, they'll get fucked right out of our heads


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 18905
Location: Hunter
The Argonaut wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Um... Reid... that Reply All episode was amazing.

I listened to it today. Soooooo good

Also cued.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 18905
Location: Hunter
Radiolab - Border Trilogy is damn great. Well the first two were. Third is cued.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 13675
Location: mtlqcca
There are too many good podcasts. I have purged every podcast that I do not love, every podcast that I do not find indispensable. I listen to podcasts every day, for multiple hours. I listen in the shower every morning. I pop in an earphone and listen every time I leave my house. I listen while I am doing chores. Sometimes, for my favorite shows, I'll just lay down in the dark, close my eyes, and do nothing but listen for an hour. I spent seven hours on a train a few days ago doing nothing but listening. I spent seven hours travelling today doing nothing but listening. I even listen while I RM sometimes! Still, my queue is 93 episodes long! There are too many good podcasts.

_________________
If we don't open our eyes to reality soon, they'll get fucked right out of our heads


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 2:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9971
Location: Space City
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Wait until you hear the Zardulu episode.

Real Talk: I literally only listen to episodes of Reply All that have been recommended to me. I subscribe to the pod but I never actually feel like listening to it until someone tells me to check out an episode.

Please listen to Zardulu.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
washing machine wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Wait until you hear the Zardulu episode.

Real Talk: I literally only listen to episodes of Reply All that have been recommended to me. I subscribe to the pod but I never actually feel like listening to it until someone tells me to check out an episode.

Please listen to Zardulu.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14033
Location: Cumberland, RI
The Argonaut wrote:
Still, my queue is 93 episodes long!


That's cute.

Image

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66255
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
:haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 5836
Location: Washington State
The Argonaut wrote:
There are too many good podcasts. I have purged every podcast that I do not love, every podcast that I do not find indispensable. I listen to podcasts every day, for multiple hours. I listen in the shower every morning. I pop in an earphone and listen every time I leave my house. I listen while I am doing chores. Sometimes, for my favorite shows, I'll just lay down in the dark, close my eyes, and do nothing but listen for an hour. I spent seven hours on a train a few days ago doing nothing but listening. I spent seven hours travelling today doing nothing but listening. I even listen while I RM sometimes! Still, my queue is 93 episodes long! There are too many good podcasts.

:thumbsup:

I'm thinking about dropping my audible sub because I'm listening to podcasts way more than books lately.

_________________
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.”


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37400
washing machine wrote:
I just recommended episode #79 of Reply All ("boy in the photo") to DCT. It's worth sharing here too.

For fans of:

-Weird internet sagas
-Stories about message board culture
-Journalistic duos with good mic control
-Whatever the fuck is going on in General Discussion right now.

This is one of my favorite episodes they've ever done.

https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/79-boy-in-photo

Listening to this right now, and while it’s kind of interesting, the host’s voice and the general construction of the show are really grating on my nerves.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37400
OMG they all say “like” so much. How have they not curbed that impulse if they’re on a podcast regularly?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37400
This is fucking obnoxious, holy shit

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon April 23, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37400
Wait, that was it?! It’s over?! What a waste of time. That was a total non-story.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon October 15, 2018 6:13 pm