Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What podcasts are you listening to?

Fri July 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Anyone listen to Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin? Just discovered it today while searching for something else. The one with Ellie Kemper is full of good banter.

Fri July 28, 2017 7:01 pm

That sounds like a nightmare

Fri July 28, 2017 7:11 pm

She's just so plucky and energetic. I don't see how you'd dread listening to her. Baldwin's a great foil for this.

Fri July 28, 2017 9:55 pm

I could listen to that, but I hope he drinks.

Fri July 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Yeah, it might be interesting to listen to drunk Alec Baldwin berate a crying Ellie Kemper for being a rude, thoughtless little pig.

Fri July 28, 2017 11:02 pm

She is none of those things and you are both assholes.

Sat July 29, 2017 4:23 am

washing machine wrote:Anyone listen to Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin? Just discovered it today while searching for something else. The one with Ellie Kemper is full of good banter.

Ellie Kemper is a comedic goddess who pretend-farted in my face one time.

Baldwin is an obnoxious prick, but he makes for a very strong radio host personality. This is a great podcast series.

Sat July 29, 2017 2:53 pm

She is not a comedic goddess, give me a break. That's hyperbolic. She's a cute thing in the comedy business.

Sat July 29, 2017 6:48 pm

trag has spoken. Good day.

Tue August 08, 2017 6:36 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Just finished up the Last Podcast on the Left's Timothy McVeigh series. It was interesting.

I listened to the first episode of this yesterday, and also their first episode on Kurt Cobain. The McVeigh episode was certainly interesting -- the hosts are very informed and do a great job of laying out the background and timeline...

But my gosh, the hosts are so annoying. Their stupid banter reminded me SO much of these guys:

I really want to finish both of these series, but I'll have to wait until I'm in the mood for their sense of humor.

Tue August 08, 2017 6:38 pm

I was listening to the penultimate Alice Isn't Dead episode for this season and apparently it's going to end next year. On top of that they seem to be driving Night Vale into an ending as well.

It's refreshing to know they aren't going to just keep flogging this horse until their fans hate them. At least this way only a few of the fans will hate them for killing their 'ships'.

Tue August 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Oh, I started listening to the Switched On Pop podcast. Pretty good if you're interested in music theory and pop music. Their episode on Selena Gomez's "Bad Liar" is what drew me in.

Tue August 08, 2017 8:10 pm

theplatypus wrote:Oh, I started listening to the Switched On Pop podcast. Pretty good if you're interested in music theory and pop music. Their episode on Selena Gomez's "Bad Liar" is what drew me in.

Did they mentions Talking Heads?

Tue August 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Yes, almost half of the episode was about the song's relationship with "Psycho Killer", which goes beyond just sampling its bass line

Wed September 20, 2017 6:53 pm

The Lee Daniels WTF is one of my all time favorites. Man I love that guy. It needed to be at least twice as long.

Thu September 21, 2017 2:17 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:The Lee Daniels WTF is one of my all time favorites. Man I love that guy. It needed to be at least twice as long.

I've listened to most of it now, but not the whole thing. Great interview, I agree.

Thu September 21, 2017 2:17 pm

In Our Time is back from their summer break this week! I couldn't be more excited to listen to British people drone on for 3/4 of an hour.

Thu September 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Simple Torture wrote:In Our Time is back from their summer break this week! I couldn't be more excited to listen to British people drone on for 3/4 of an hour.

I literally got so bored reading this post that I stopped six times and had to start over. It took over four minutes to get to the end.

Thu September 21, 2017 2:54 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:In Our Time is back from their summer break this week! I couldn't be more excited to listen to British people drone on for 3/4 of an hour.

I literally got so bored reading this post that I stopped six times and had to start over. It took over four minutes to get to the end.

The newest episode is on Kant's categorical imperative! Geeeeeeet puuuuuumped!

Thu September 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

The newest episode is on Kant's categorical imperative! Geeeeeeet puuuuuumped!

Wait, this is a philosophy podcast?
Post a reply