The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 134  Next
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 8:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:

Chuck Palahniuk is on Rogan.. pretty good.

Is Palahniuk still publishing? I think the last release I bought from him was Lullaby.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 8:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Yeah, he put out a book this year called Adjustment Day. It's...alright?

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 8:42 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

wow he does not look 56

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 9:20 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

washing machine wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Chuck Palahniuk is on Rogan.. pretty good.

Is Palahniuk still publishing? I think the last release I bought from him was Lullaby.

"I've read your books" bullshit "I've seen movies based on your books" ah, there we go.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 9:33 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

He certainly has no filter.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 9:37 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

That's pretty evident from reading any of his books.

Also: he's basically your neighbor. He lives on the East side of Vancouver on a farm somewhere. Though, to be honest, its probably Camas but the person writing the article just put Vancouver because its the bigger city.

https://www.theonion.com/stunted-56-yea ... 1825826169

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 9:47 pm 

bune wrote:
That's pretty evident from reading any of his books.

Also: he's basically your neighbor. He lives on the East side of Vancouver on a farm somewhere. Though, to be honest, its probably Camas but the person writing the article just put Vancouver because its the bigger city.

https://www.theonion.com/stunted-56-yea ... 1825826169

I'm gonna go stand on his porch until he lets me inside.

PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 8:32 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

they finally did it. An epic 6 hour long episode on the theories the wackadoodle the science and the culture of the flat earth theory.

Funny informative and thought provoking (I myself am not a flat Earth proponent but great interesting podcasts are great interesting podcasts)

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/tho ... 0418415488

PostPosted: Thu August 30, 2018 10:07 pm 
Posting (live)

I just binged the first season of Serial. Oh man, what a journey. Seems like a lot of unanswered questions that hopefully will come to light over time. The main question for me is a lack of timeline for Hae's car. From leaving the school to being discovered weeks later, surely there were traffic cameras or sightings at some point. DNA testing of her fingernails etc will be key too.

Ultimately, I'm not sure where I fall on this. Adnan could be guilty. Jay may be guilty and could have framed Adnan (although why? there's no motive unless he's a cold killer). All the points that convicted Adnan came from Jay's testimony. And the three points of bad luck surmised by Serial could have been planned or at least preyed upon.

1. That he lent Jay his car and phone that day. In high school you lend shit out all the time without thinking about it.
2. That he asked Hae for a lift and Jay's subsequent comment. The first is innocent until there was a crime.
3. The phone call to Nisha. Butt call seems unlikely although possible. If you planned to frame someone for murder then making a call to firm your story seems easy. Make a call and stay quiet. Done.

All 3 pieces of bad luck could be calculated from Jay.

Fuck, I don't know. I'm going to search this thread for any other posts from you guys.

PostPosted: Thu August 30, 2018 10:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Hell, there's a book even.

PostPosted: Thu August 30, 2018 10:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LetMeSleep wrote:
I just binged the first season of Serial. Oh man, what a journey. Seems like a lot of unanswered questions that hopefully will come to light over time. The main question for me is a lack of timeline for Hae's car. From leaving the school to being discovered weeks later, surely there were traffic cameras or sightings at some point. DNA testing of her fingernails etc will be key too.

Ultimately, I'm not sure where I fall on this. Adnan could be guilty. Jay may be guilty and could have framed Adnan (although why? there's no motive unless he's a cold killer). All the points that convicted Adnan came from Jay's testimony. And the three points of bad luck surmised by Serial could have been planned or at least preyed upon.

1. That he lent Jay his car and phone that day. In high school you lend shit out all the time without thinking about it.
2. That he asked Hae for a lift and Jay's subsequent comment. The first is innocent until there was a crime.
3. The phone call to Nisha. Butt call seems unlikely although possible. If you planned to frame someone for murder then making a call to firm your story seems easy. Make a call and stay quiet. Done.

All 3 pieces of bad luck could be calculated from Jay.

Fuck, I don't know. I'm going to search this thread for any other posts from you guys.

You should check out the first season of the Undisclosed Podcast. It's hosted by Rabia Chaudry who knows Adnan and she's the one who brought the story to Sarah Koening. She and two lawyers host the show and it goes DEEEEEEEEP. The production quality isn't always great but the revelations are unreal. It'll change the way you think about the case and it goes way further than Serial had time for. The shit that these guys find is bonkers.

It's obviously more biased than Serial because of Rabia's involvement. But it's a great listen.

PostPosted: Thu August 30, 2018 10:20 pm 
Posting (live)

There's another now. Asia McLain the girl alibi from the library.

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 12:17 am 
Posting (live)

durdencommatyler wrote:
You should check out the first season of the Undisclosed Podcast. It's hosted by Rabia Chaudry who knows Adnan and she's the one who brought the story to Sarah Koening. She and two lawyers host the show and it goes DEEEEEEEEP. The production quality isn't always great but the revelations are unreal. It'll change the way you think about the case and it goes way further than Serial had time for. The shit that these guys find is bonkers.

It's obviously more biased than Serial because of Rabia's involvement. But it's a great listen.

I'll check that out. Cheers Joey. I might give it a week or so before I hit it. Is Season 2 of Serial good?

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 1:51 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I'll check that out. Cheers Joey. I might give it a week or so before I hit it. Is Season 2 of Serial good?

It's very, very different. I still enjoyed it. But if S1 is a A+ then S2 is a B-

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 1:53 am 
Posting (live)

Joey, have you listened to The Wilderness? Pretty strong podcast even for a non US listener.

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 1:56 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

LetMeSleep wrote:
Joey, have you listened to The Wilderness? Pretty strong podcast even for a non US listener.

I goddamn adore that pod. I'm not caught up yet; still a few episodes behind. But, yes, I agree. It's one of the best political pods out there and I highly recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in the topic. Just outstanding.

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 4:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Alright, I'm getting tired of the podcast app I have. It keeps freezing and it's been really slow to start lately. What's a good android app? I see that Google put one together but when I open it I notice that it's pretty barebones. The app I am currently using gives you the ability to make a playlist of shows that updates as new episodes are released so all I have to do is a manual refresh and it takes care of the rest. Is there anything like that on Android?

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 4:57 pm 
I like Pocketcasts. I don't do anything too sophisticated with it as far as playlists go, just stream new eps when I'm on wifi, download 'em for when I'm not. It does everything I want it to do and never crashes. I think it's free but you can pay a one-time fee for access to the webplayer, which is totally worth it.

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 8:02 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bune wrote:
Alright, I'm getting tired of the podcast app I have. It keeps freezing and it's been really slow to start lately. What's a good android app? I see that Google put one together but when I open it I notice that it's pretty barebones. The app I am currently using gives you the ability to make a playlist of shows that updates as new episodes are released so all I have to do is a manual refresh and it takes care of the rest. Is there anything like that on Android?

I've only used Stitcher. But I love it.

PostPosted: Fri August 31, 2018 8:15 pm 
Production Police

Downcast user. it's served me well for almost 5 years now, but I'd be keen to try something else

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 134  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment