The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 79  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 14, 2018 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37852
Someone recommend me some good food podcasts. Not light, funny, easy stuff - I want deep dives with ultra-knowledgeable professionals.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 15, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14240
Location: Cumberland, RI
I'm so excited about today's In Our Time episode about fungi that it's sickening.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 15, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19010
Location: Hunter
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Someone recommend me some good food podcasts. Not light, funny, easy stuff - I want deep dives with ultra-knowledgeable professionals.

Avoid the Thug Kitchen one then. Fuck me that was a dire hour of my life.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 13745
Location: mtlqcca
The Moth podcast really pisses me off. They constantly replay stories and episodes, but it is never made clear that this story was included in a recent episode, or that this episode was just in the feed a few months ago. I want to unsubscribe because they waste so much of my time, but I can't. Some of the stories are so good that they make me cry. goddammit

_________________
If we don't open our eyes to reality soon, they'll get fucked right out of our heads


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Mon February 19, 2018 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19010
Location: Hunter
LV, you should check out the Desert Island Discs with Christopher Nolan.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6186
Location: Washington State
The Argonaut wrote:
The Moth podcast really pisses me off. They constantly replay stories and episodes, but it is never made clear that this story was included in a recent episode, or that this episode was just in the feed a few months ago. I want to unsubscribe because they waste so much of my time, but I can't. Some of the stories are so good that they make me cry. goddammit

That's the reason I unsubbed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Tue February 20, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51817
Location: Sector 7-G
The Argonaut wrote:
The Moth podcast really pisses me off. They constantly replay stories and episodes, but it is never made clear that this story was included in a recent episode, or that this episode was just in the feed a few months ago. I want to unsubscribe because they waste so much of my time, but I can't. Some of the stories are so good that they make me cry. goddammit

Same complaint I have about 60 Minutes. Too much repackaged material, advertised as a new episode.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19010
Location: Hunter
Radiolab latest about Russian influence on elections and online behaviour was quite good. Fizzled out though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 3:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
NPR's multi part expose on Trump on the Embedded podcast is so fucking good. Everyone should listen to it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 3:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14240
Location: Cumberland, RI
durdencommatyler wrote:
NPR's multi part expose on Trump on the Embedded podcast is so fucking good. Everyone should listen to it.


The first episode was eye-opening. The second one was good, but I feel like I paid more attention to those stories, so it was more of a review. Embedded is pretty excellent episode-to-episode.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 5:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
NPR's multi part expose on Trump on the Embedded podcast is so fucking good. Everyone should listen to it.


The first episode was eye-opening. The second one was good, but I feel like I paid more attention to those stories, so it was more of a review. Embedded is pretty excellent episode-to-episode.

I thought the second, golf course episode, was illuminating. And there was so much about his tactics as a "businessman" that informs his presidency. It's awesome. But those first two aren't even as fascinating as the several that come after. But you need those first two for the full picture.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Wed February 21, 2018 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14240
Location: Cumberland, RI
durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
NPR's multi part expose on Trump on the Embedded podcast is so fucking good. Everyone should listen to it.


The first episode was eye-opening. The second one was good, but I feel like I paid more attention to those stories, so it was more of a review. Embedded is pretty excellent episode-to-episode.

I thought the second, golf course episode, was illuminating. And there was so much about his tactics as a "businessman" that informs his presidency. It's awesome. But those first two aren't even as fascinating as the several that come after. But you need those first two for the full picture.


I was actually just referring to the two most recent ones about Russia, my bad. Yeah, the Apprentice and golf course episodes were something.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Thu February 22, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
NPR's multi part expose on Trump on the Embedded podcast is so fucking good. Everyone should listen to it.


The first episode was eye-opening. The second one was good, but I feel like I paid more attention to those stories, so it was more of a review. Embedded is pretty excellent episode-to-episode.

I thought the second, golf course episode, was illuminating. And there was so much about his tactics as a "businessman" that informs his presidency. It's awesome. But those first two aren't even as fascinating as the several that come after. But you need those first two for the full picture.


I was actually just referring to the two most recent ones about Russia, my bad. Yeah, the Apprentice and golf course episodes were something.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I'd agree that the second part of the "Collusion" episodes was the weaker of the two, yes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19010
Location: Hunter
Thanks for the Embedded tip, guys.

I have no more words for that Trump guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri February 23, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66875
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
LetMeSleep wrote:
Thanks for the Embedded tip, guys.

I have no more words for that Trump guy.

Right?!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2018 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 19010
Location: Hunter
The Argonaut wrote:
1. I'm a little behind, but the "Gun Show" episode of Radiolab Presents: More Pefect is great and ought to be required listening for all Americans. Very enlightening.

This was reposted by Radiolab. Man what a great production.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14240
Location: Cumberland, RI
The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is back after a 4-year hiatus. I am much excite.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 3:39 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 12, 2018 5:47 pm
Posts: 490
Simple Torture wrote:
The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is back after a 4-year hiatus. I am much excite.


Fantastic news. The August Lindt episode is one of my all time favorite podcast episodes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri March 02, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 6186
Location: Washington State


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Sat March 03, 2018 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 14240
Location: Cumberland, RI
HeyGuys wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is back after a 4-year hiatus. I am much excite.


Fantastic news. The August Lindt episode is one of my all time favorite podcast episodes.


Here are this season's pilots, announced in the teaser:

Spoiler: show
"Bananas for Bonanza" with Dalton Wilcox

"Drivin' and Fucking" with Joe Bongo and Margo Chunk

"The Pee Tape" with Dom Dimello

"Terrifying Edinburgh" with Cameron McGonigle

"The Gil and Golly Variety Hour"

Untitled show hosted by L. Ron Hubbard

"The Long Story" with Cactus Tony

"The Travel Bug" with August Lindt (Live)

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 79  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 13, 2018 1:19 am