The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 134  Next
 Post subject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?
PostPosted: Fri October 16, 2020 10:26 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I think you'd like this guy, washingmachine. Vaguely libertarian, but just comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNRFTcY ... DillonShow

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 2:40 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Probably Classic B, but have you heard this one yet? Basically X-Files stuff. Some are kind of generic, but others are cool

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 4:48 am 
Looks Like a Cat

None of that is in any way, shape or form what I am looking for. My god.

PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 4:49 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Actually that coffee machine one looks interesting.

PostPosted: Sat October 17, 2020 5:03 am 

Last post was for the collective you.

PostPosted: Sun November 08, 2020 4:51 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Slowly working my way through S1 of Fiasco, because what better time than now. All about the Bush/Gore race and the events leading up to the conclusion of that election cycle.

I was lucky enough to experience that fall 2000 election cycle and the recount with a really good teacher in a high school US Government class. I've always recalled this election through procedural (versus ideological) lenses because we literally used it as a living example of the slow but consequential moving cog of the government we were learning about in class. I was just shy of voting age and a lot of the actual campaign themes went over my head aside from Eddie Vedder soundbites on PJ boots. ("I Am a Patriot" from a boot shows up in ep1). It's really interesting to hear about this race and those candidates from a current vantage point. I'd completely forgotten about the Elian Gonzalez debacle.

https://luminarypodcasts.com/listen/leo ... country=US

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 3:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Eli Roth´s History Of Horror is back and both Rob Zombie and Ari Aster´s are a must. Super insightful.

PostPosted: Mon November 09, 2020 9:13 pm 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
Eli Roth´s History Of Horror is back and both Rob Zombie and Ari Aster´s are a must. Super insightful.

Love the series on AMC, but had no idea this was a podcast as well. Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Tue November 10, 2020 3:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

50 Million Feet of Earth... wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Love the series on AMC, but had no idea this was a podcast as well. Thanks for the heads up.

If you like it, you should listen to the Boo Crew. Its wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 5:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I'm thinking about switching from Stitcher to the Google podcast app. The Google pod app is so easy to search, with a lot of built-in features in the search bar and show notes that tie into Google browser. I love it.

Almost a deal breaker that there's not a widget feature though. The app is so easy to use once it's opened, but it's kind of tedious to access quickly without a widget.

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 6:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

washing machine wrote:
I'm thinking about switching from Stitcher to the Google podcast app. The Google pod app is so easy to search, with a lot of built-in features in the search bar and show notes that tie into Google browser. I love it.

Almost a deal breaker that there's not a widget feature though. The app is so easy to use once it's opened, but it's kind of tedious to access quickly without a widget.

Can you add RSS feeds, like if you wanted to add Stitcher Premium shows? Custom playlists? I am twisting in the wind since my iPod died.

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 6:25 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Big fan of Podcast Addict. It's simple and straightforward

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 6:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Can you add RSS feeds, like if you wanted to add Stitcher Premium shows? Custom playlists? I am twisting in the wind since my iPod died.

I see what you did there

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 6:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:

I haven't found a custom playlist feature yet, but there's a clean scrolling feature to easily navigate through your subscribed shows. Notification badges for new episodes. Intuitive algorithm for new discovery. It's a lot like the YouTube interface from what I can tell.

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 9:51 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Stitcher doesn't support RSS at all, but there is a website that will generate them for you.

https://unofficialrss.com/

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 9:52 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Also, if you're in the market for a new podcast app I highly recommend podcast republic. I downloaded a lot of apps before settling for republic and I love it.

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 9:53 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

JuanHamm wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Stitcher doesn't support RSS at all, but there is a website that will generate them for you.

Yeah, I've been on that since its last iteration :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon November 30, 2020 9:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Simple Torture wrote:
JuanHamm wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
washing machine wrote:

Yeah, I've been on that since its last iteration :thumbsup:

Me too, I wouldn't be a stitcher subscriber without it

PostPosted: Thu December 03, 2020 6:16 pm 
Production Police

Stuff You Should Know's episode on The Bay of Pigs invasion was great. I always knew the broad strokes, but there was lots here that was new info for me.

PostPosted: Thu December 10, 2020 8:20 pm 
AnalLog

Just found Armchair Expert. I don't really know Dax as an actor, but I'm loving his interviews. He's so self aware and open. His instincts on where someone is coming from or what motivates them are typically spot on which opens up the person being interviewed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 134  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment