The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Colonel Homer vs. Who Shot Mr. Burns Part I
Colonel Homer 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Who Shot Mr. Burns Part I 73%  73%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Colonel Homer vs. Who Shot Mrt. Burns Part I
PostPosted: Wed June 08, 2016 3:01 pm 
The worst

Colonel Homer

The Simpsons go to the local movie theater to see a film. Bart and Lisa see Space Mutants VI, while Homer, Marge, and Maggie see The Stockholm Affair. As the film starts, Homer acts loud and obnoxious, embarrassing Marge. When he gives away the film's ending, Marge berates him and the audience heckles Homer, embarrassing them both. During the car ride home, Marge tries to apologize, but Homer will not accept it, by dropping Marge and the children off at home and goes off on a long drive into the night, finally stopping at a redneck bar called Beer 'N' Brawl, where he grabs a beer while listening to an attractive waitress named Lurleen Lumpkin performing on stage. She sings a song that follows Homer's current state with every detail, and once she finishes, Homer introduces himself to her.

Several days later, still humming Lurleen's song, Homer drives to her mobile home to ask for a copy. Lurleen tells him she has not recorded the song, so Homer insists that she come to a recording company to record a CD. Homer grants the recording company clerk permission to play the song on the radio, and Lurleen's songs are an instant hit all over Springfield. At home, Marge asks Homer about Lurleen; he claims that she is just a waitress who is turning into a music superstar. Marge does not approve that he is seeing her, as she fears that something more will come of the relationship. Homer becomes Lurleen's manager, and to fit with the role, she buys him an expensive white cowboy suit which he wears at home. Marge is annoyed, and asks if he is having an affair. He denies it, and says whether Marge likes it or not, he is going to help Lurleen become a country music star. The whole family gathers at the recording studio with Lurleen to record more of her songs. Her new single, a suggestive love metaphor called "Bagged Me a Homer", leads Marge to lose her temper.

Homer gets Lurleen a gig on a country western television series called Ya-Hoo! Just before her performance, Homer and Lurleen spend the night in her mobile home, and she shows him one of her new songs. In the song she asks Homer to "bunk" with her, but Homer knows that would violate his marital vows and leaves. During her performance, Homer is approached by a business agent who asks to buy Lurleen's contract, but Homer refuses. In Lurleen's dressing room, Homer becomes locked in an embrace with her, then describes how his love life is flashing before his eyes. Homer tells Lurleen that he only wanted to share her voice with the world and leaves before he does anything to lose his family. He again runs into the agent and this time sells Lurleen's contract for US $50. At home, Marge is watching the Ya-Hoo! show when Homer returns. When Homer gets into bed, Marge hears what Homer did through Lurleen's bluesy song on the television which Lurleen concludes by saying she knows how lucky Marge is.

Who Shot Mr. Burns Part I
Principal Skinner walks into school and discovers that the class gerbil, "Superdude", has died. As Groundskeeper Willie digs a grave, he unexpectedly strikes oil. Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers lavishly think of ways to spend the school's newfound wealth, taking many student requests, including Lisa's suggestion of hiring Tito Puente as a music teacher.

At the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, Homer is disturbed that Mr. Burns can never remember his name, even after working for him for ten years. He takes a suggestion from Marge and sends Mr. Burns a box of chocolates with a family picture underneath the candy; however, Burns and Smithers are not interested in the one candy covering Homer's face and discard the box. As a result, Burns writes a "thank you" card only to Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie, further angering Homer.

Meanwhile, Mr. Burns learns of the school's oil and immediately decides that he must have it, even as Smithers voices his disapproval. After failing to convince Skinner to give him the oil through a poor deception, Mr. Burns establishes a slant drilling operation and beats the school to tapping the oil well. The school is told they have no legal recourse, and Willie and Puente are laid off to cover the school's losses.

Mr. Burns' drilling operation causes further harm and distress to many Springfield citizens: Moe's Tavern is closed due to the harmful fumes from the drilling, leaving Moe and Barney enraged; the drilling wrecks the Springfield Retirement Castle, leaving Grampa homeless, forcing him to move in with the Simpsons; and Bart's treehouse is destroyed by a burst of oil from the rig, which also injures Santa's Little Helper.

Mr. Burns then reveals to Smithers his grandest scheme: the construction of a giant, movable disc that will permanently block out the sun in Springfield, forcing the residents to continuously use the electricity from his power plant. A horrified Smithers finally stands up to Mr. Burns, insisting that he has gone too far; Burns fires him in response.

Later, Homer sneaks into Mr. Burns' office and spray-paints "I am Homer Simpson" on the wall in giant letters. Mr. Burns catches him in the act, but yet still seemingly does not recognize Homer. In a rage, Homer attacks him and is hauled away by security. All the citizens affected by Mr. Burns' mad schemes, including Homer and even Smithers, swear revenge.

A town meeting is held to discuss Mr. Burns' actions. Mr. Burns arrives, armed with a gun after his encounter with Homer. Despite the whole town standing up to him, he activates the sun-blocking device, thinking himself invincible. He walks into an alley, obscured from view, and says: "Oh it's you, what are you so happy about? ... I see. I think you'd better drop it." He struggles with someone until a gunshot is heard. He stumbles out into the open, wounded, and collapses on the town's sundial. The townspeople find him and Marge tells all of them that since Burns has angered so many people recently, just about anyone could have been the shooter.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

Post subject: Re: Colonel Homer vs. Who Shot Mrt. Burns Part I
PostPosted: Wed June 08, 2016 8:29 pm 
Production Police

Col. Homer is an easy vote. I thought the Who Shot two-parter was pretty weak.

PostPosted: Thu June 09, 2016 9:54 am 
The worst

tragabigzanda wrote:
Col. Homer is an easy vote. I thought the Who Shot two-parter was pretty weak.

Part 2 was a step down but I thought part 1 was great

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri June 10, 2016 4:18 am 
slower than 82% of US

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment