The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gone baby gone, the town, argo....

Those are all fantastic :oops:

One of those is good, strat.

Please say it's Gone Baby Gone

Well it isn't Argo

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20149
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gone baby gone, the town, argo....

Those are all fantastic :oops:

One of those is good, strat.

Please say it's Gone Baby Gone

Well it isn't Argo

Yeah there were like no superheroes and no Death Stars in it.

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
McParadigm wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gone baby gone, the town, argo....

Those are all fantastic :oops:

One of those is good, strat.

Please say it's Gone Baby Gone

Well it isn't Argo

Yeah there were like no superheroes and no Death Stars in it.

Meh. I'm done with superhero movies. I need deep thinkers now, McP.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 20149
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gone baby gone, the town, argo....

Those are all fantastic :oops:

One of those is good, strat.

Please say it's Gone Baby Gone

Well it isn't Argo

Yeah there were like no superheroes and no Death Stars in it.

Meh. I'm done with superhero movies. I need deep thinkers now, McP.

So Death Stars?

_________________
(patriotic choking noises)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
McParadigm wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Strat wrote:
Gone baby gone, the town, argo....

Those are all fantastic :oops:

One of those is good, strat.

Please say it's Gone Baby Gone

Well it isn't Argo

Yeah there were like no superheroes and no Death Stars in it.

Meh. I'm done with superhero movies. I need deep thinkers now, McP.

So Death Stars?

No. Superstars.

Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
I've only seen Argo. I thought it was a really good movie. Well paced. Super taught and suspenseful. Nice performances. Well drawn characters. Yeah, I liked it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
:throwup:

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
The Town is a great film with great direction. I believe in the guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
:throwup:

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
what on earth am I talking about
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 31950
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
:throwup:



Lemme guess. Needs more giant monsters and explosions and less storyline and actors.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
:throwup:

:lol:

Makes perfect sense to me that you aren't a fan. He's not very big and cinematic. He's much more taut. He isn't a "visionary" but man can he block/shoot a scene and get the most out of his actors. His sense of timing is really good too. Well, at least, in Argo. I can't say Affleck is a good director because I've only seen the one. But he definitely made a good movie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Calibrating
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 84143
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
And I imagine his particular skill set as a director will translate well to a Batman movie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 42227
Location: 6000 feet beyond man and time.
dimejinky99 wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
:throwup:



Lemme guess. Needs more giant monsters and explosions and less storyline and actors.

:lol:

_________________
verily, if life had no sense, and had I to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me also.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Classic B
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 14938
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Sometimes I think LV is a spoof account.

_________________
VinylGuy wrote:
Fuck, B was right all along?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43559
Location: Mountains
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
:throwup:

:lol:

Makes perfect sense to me that you aren't a fan. He's not very big and cinematic. He's much more taut. He isn't a "visionary" but man can he block/shoot a scene and get the most out of his actors. His sense of timing is really good too. Well, at least, in Argo. I can't say Affleck is a good director because I've only seen the one. But he definitely made a good movie.

i think you are absolutely right about Affleck. Those are the reasons I like him. he's good at dragging the viewer into a very simple scene. He makes me invested in his actors. No smoke and mirrors, just bare bones.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43559
Location: Mountains
B wrote:
Sometimes I think LV is a spoof account.

Im glad he's not. its much more fascinating knowing he is a real - walking - living - breathing thing ...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43559
Location: Mountains
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43559
Location: Mountains
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 45317
Location: Garbage Dump
I can't take you guys seriously if you're actually going to argue that phony, embarrassing garbage like the The Town and Argo are good, dramatic, adult movies.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Take that post and push it off a bridge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Film: The Batman (Affleck) 2017
PostPosted: Thu April 14, 2016 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Posts: 11625
Location: 41.1716° S, 174.8248° E
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I can't take you guys seriously if you're actually going to argue that phony, embarrassing garbage like the The Town and Argo are good, dramatic, adult movies.

I liked The Town - Argo was pretty dull though

_________________
"I really enjoy sandwiches but the other guys are so good at making sandwiches that I don't make them. Now I make sandwiches."


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 539 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun September 27, 2020 4:44 am