The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Movie: Inherent Vice (PTA, Phoenix)
PostPosted: Tue January 29, 2013 11:19 pm 
Future Drummer

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... t-20130129

Producer Says ‘Inherent Vice' Hoping To Shoot In Spring 2013

Paul Thomas Anderson is already moving with "Inherent Vice," reteaming with Phoenix after Robert Downey Jr. passed. And though fans have patiently awaited longer and longer gaps between PTA films, it looks like his next is gearing up very quickly.

The guys over at Cigarettes & Red Vines recently chatted with producer JoAnne Sellar who revealed "Inherent Vice" is coming fast. "We're just putting the financing together and the plan is to start shooting in late April," Sellar said. "Everything should be [underway] very soon in order to start shooting then: late April/early May kinda thing."

Adapted from the novel by Thomas Pynchon, the '60s set movie is another gear change for the director, a drug fueled tale of a private investigator looking into a kidnapping scheme in Los Angeles. And while Charlize Theron was tipped as a possible co-star, there's no word yet on who else will be cast alongside Phoenix, but we're likely to know more soon.

Post subject: Re: Movie: Inherent Vice (PTA, Phoenix)
PostPosted: Wed January 30, 2013 1:09 pm 
A Return To Form

Man this book was weird, but I remember it fondly. Despite Pynchon's distracting love of bizarre names, I really dug the stoner noir of LA. I would love to see PTA's take on what is essentially a (slightly) less goofy version of The Big Lebowski.

PostPosted: Thu April 17, 2014 10:49 pm 
Future Drummer

Quote:
"Mix together The Big Lebowski and Altman‘s The Long Goodbye, turn it into a two-and-a-half hour PT Anderson epic and you’re getting close to the awesome experience of Inherent Vice. Even Joaquin Phoenix‘s performance has echoes of 70′s Elliot Gould with a touch of The Dude. But don’t get me wrong, this film is its own animal. A drug-fueled detective story filled with great psychedelic music and beautiful, grainy cinematography, it’s both hilarious and confounding at times. But Anderson does an incredible job of making the incredibly complex plot both comprehensible and entertaining. Even though he’s apparently said he’s still tinkering, it felt like a finished film and will definitely go down as one of my favorites of his."

PostPosted: Thu April 17, 2014 11:49 pm 
Future Drummer

put me in the excited column. i love The Long Goodbye quite a lot

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment