The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Sat November 22, 2014 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4899
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Just watched the one from a couple days ago off the dvr. I liked the episode but this season has been a little short in the horror/creepy department. A freak show had good potential for a setting but so far it has not lived up to it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4899
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Why does FX carry over a couple episodes into the new year? It would make more sense for the season to wrap before Christmas.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Why does FX carry over a couple episodes into the new year? It would make more sense for the season to wrap before Christmas.



What makes even less sense is that they release their seasons to streaming sites 4-5 episodes into the new season airing, making it impossible to every really get caught up to watch it live (which advertisers prefer). I just finished watching Coven last night, and realized I have absolutely no way to catch up on Freakshow.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 10108
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
has this horror series from the creator of glee maintained its level of excellence?

_________________
No Fat Chicks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
Alex wrote:
has this horror series from the creator of glee maintained its level of excellence?



I truly enjoyed the third season.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 10108
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
@SkitchP wrote:
Alex wrote:
has this horror series from the creator of glee maintained its level of excellence?



I truly enjoyed the third season.

i just need to know if it's a horror-comedy. it comes across that way in the advertisements, but i've never actually watched it.

_________________
No Fat Chicks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
Alex wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Alex wrote:
has this horror series from the creator of glee maintained its level of excellence?



I truly enjoyed the third season.

i just need to know if it's a horror-comedy. it comes across that way in the advertisements, but i've never actually watched it.



There is very very little comedy. A funny moment or two, but it's for the most part a solid horror/drama. Jessica Lange is pretty incredible in it as well.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri December 19, 2014 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 16, 2013 6:36 pm
Posts: 10108
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
@SkitchP wrote:
Alex wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Alex wrote:
has this horror series from the creator of glee maintained its level of excellence?



I truly enjoyed the third season.

i just need to know if it's a horror-comedy. it comes across that way in the advertisements, but i've never actually watched it.



There is very very little comedy. A funny moment or two, but it's for the most part a solid horror/drama. Jessica Lange is pretty incredible in it as well.

oh

_________________
No Fat Chicks


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Sat December 20, 2014 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9607
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
There's been more than a little tongue-in-cheek silliness in Coven. I've seen the first 3 seasons, and it never got back to being as unnerving as Murder House.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2015 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4899
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
Hotel premieres Oct 7. Another 13 episode run. I think ten would be better, that way it wouldn't feel as stretched out as the past few seasons plus it wraps before the Christmas/New Year's dead tv period. Why they carry a few episodes into the next year is beyond me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2015 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Hotel premieres Oct 7. Another 13 episode run. I think ten would be better, that way it wouldn't feel as stretched out as the past few seasons plus it wraps before the Christmas/New Year's dead tv period. Why they carry a few episodes into the next year is beyond me.



What makes even less sense is that they release their seasons to streaming sites 4-5 episodes into the new season airing, making it impossible to every really get caught up to watch it live (which advertisers prefer). I just finished watching Coven last night, and realized I have absolutely no way to catch up on Freakshow.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2015 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51489
@SkitchP wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Hotel premieres Oct 7. Another 13 episode run. I think ten would be better, that way it wouldn't feel as stretched out as the past few seasons plus it wraps before the Christmas/New Year's dead tv period. Why they carry a few episodes into the next year is beyond me.



What makes even less sense is that they release their seasons to streaming sites 4-5 episodes into the new season airing, making it impossible to every really get caught up to watch it live (which advertisers prefer). I just finished watching Coven last night, and realized I have absolutely no way to catch up on Freakshow.

Skitch, did you see the good news about The Strain?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2015 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
Biff Pocoroba wrote:
Hotel premieres Oct 7. Another 13 episode run. I think ten would be better, that way it wouldn't feel as stretched out as the past few seasons plus it wraps before the Christmas/New Year's dead tv period. Why they carry a few episodes into the next year is beyond me.



What makes even less sense is that they release their seasons to streaming sites 4-5 episodes into the new season airing, making it impossible to every really get caught up to watch it live (which advertisers prefer). I just finished watching Coven last night, and realized I have absolutely no way to catch up on Freakshow.

Skitch, did you see the good news about The Strain?



Oh my god i just did. I can't wait!

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2015 7:36 pm 
Offline
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:11 pm
Posts: 7703
Did this show get better? I watched some of the first season and didn't think much of it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri August 07, 2015 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
turned2black wrote:
Did this show get better? I watched some of the first season and didn't think much of it.


Each season is different, but if you didn't like s1, I doubt you would like the others. Me, I like s1 the best. This last one, s4, was ok, but ended weakly. I have struggled to keep up with it after the first season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2015 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:08 pm
Posts: 4899
Location: 5th floor, Bay 8, position 5851
The first season is easily my favorite but the others have their moments. None of them though have ended particularly strong though, a big reason I think 10 episodes would be better than 13.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Sat August 08, 2015 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 37441
Alex wrote:
has this horror series from the creator of glee maintained its level of excellence?

Goddammit I miss Alex

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
What's going on in here

a lot of hurt


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri October 09, 2015 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
The first episode of hotel was not super encouraging. Some okay moments, and seems like it will be better than Freakshow, but I have some concerns

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri October 09, 2015 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 36037
Location: Mountains
@SkitchP wrote:
The first episode of hotel was not super encouraging. Some okay moments, and seems like it will be better than Freakshow, but I have some concerns


I was told to not bother and that it was trying too hard and was completely uninteresting.

I never finished freakshow.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: Fri October 09, 2015 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13539
Strat wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
The first episode of hotel was not super encouraging. Some okay moments, and seems like it will be better than Freakshow, but I have some concerns


I was told to not bother and that it was trying too hard and was completely uninteresting.

I never finished freakshow.



Yeah, it was very much trying too hard. One of the swedeish blondes was incredibly hot though.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri October 19, 2018 1:44 pm