The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Making a Murderer (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:11 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
EJ wrote:
Why did Halbach's brother hack into her voicemail and delete message(s)?

yeah they didn't cover this enough.

No joke.

I think the brother probably had little to nothing to do with anything. But I do wonder about the ex. He was the one who actually hacked in and deleted the messages, right? Either way, dude seemed super strange. And why was he allowed on the property before anyone else? And why was no one all that interested in the scratches on his arms? The ex had more "defensive" type wounds on his body than Avery did. Not saying he did anything either. But he seems like a guy you MIGHT want to look into if you're an unbiased cop.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:12 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I thought it was unbelievable that the judge(who clearly wasn't above board during this) took away the defense's ability to propose alternative suspects for this crime other than Avery. It would have made it much easier to prove their case(not that they didn't anyway) if they could say "it was this guy" and prove it.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:12 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
EJ wrote:

yeah they didn't cover this enough.

I figured the cops deleted them.

The ex admits on the stand that he deleted some messages.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:14 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
lol at the one prosecutor being involved in the sexual harassment/texting scandal.

Yeah, but you can't judge/question his character during the trial because of that, Ruddo.

no, I just think it is funny. just shows the general public and everyone in the town he lives in what a turd he is.

Sorry, that was a reference to something Kratz (the prosecutor) said recently regarding his behavior and the documentary. He's a fucking snake. And I can and will judge/question his character during that trial based on the scandal. Piece of shit, fatass, lying sack of no good fuckall.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I think Colborne(the cop with the glasses and flat top Mayberry hair) was the one I hated the most. When he bitched about his integrity being questioned I wanted to jump through the tv screen and strangle him.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:16 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
lol at the one prosecutor being involved in the sexual harassment/texting scandal.

Yeah, but you can't judge/question his character during the trial because of that, Ruddo.

no, I just think it is funny. just shows the general public and everyone in the town he lives in what a turd he is.

That went over your head, yea?

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:17 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
I thought it was unbelievable that the judge(who clearly wasn't above board during this) took away the defense's ability to propose alternative suspects for this crime other than Avery. It would have made it much easier to prove their case(not that they didn't anyway) if they could say "it was this guy" and prove it.

That's one thing that really sucks about this case. Just like in the Adnan case. We're left with this weird thing just hanging in the air: if not him, who?

I don't believe Steve Avery killed Teresa Halbach. I don't think the police did, either. So a killer is still out there. Who really killed her? Is the crime already too far removed to find the truth?

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:17 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

To all the people who are digging this show: The Paradise Lost documentaries make this show look like a student film. watch them. I'm not saying this show is bad, just that Paradise Lost is phenomenal.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:18 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I think the defense tried to throw the ex out there as a suspect as much as they could without violating that ridiculous judge's ruling.

The Master

Dev wrote:
To all the people who are digging this show: The Paradise Lost documentaries make this show look like a student film. watch them. I'm not saying this show is bad, just that Paradise Lost is phenomenal.

yea that is the craziest story of them all. Great doc's.

Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Dev wrote:

I've seen all three films. The first one, in particular is outstanding. But, yeah, all of them are great.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

numbers wrote:
I think the defense tried to throw the ex out there as a suspect as much as they could without violating that ridiculous judge's ruling.

You're probably right. Their hands were pretty tied because of that absurd and infuriating ruling.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:19 pm 
slower than 82% of US

EJ wrote:

because he works for the Packers

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

As far as I'm concerned, the entire state case was invalidated by that bus driver witness the defense called.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:24 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

That went over your head, yea?

yes

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:25 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

That's one thing that really sucks about this case. Just like in the Adnan case. We're left with this weird thing just hanging in the air: if not him, who?

I don't believe Steve Avery killed Teresa Halbach. I don't think the police did, either. So a killer is still out there. Who really killed her? Is the crime already too far removed to find the truth?

I don't think SA did it either. I didn't like Mike Halbach's unwavering belief that SA did it. His press conferences really came off creepy. I didn't like that her voicemail was tampered with by her ex (thanks for the clarification).

I don't think the police were involved in the killing either. But, once the car was clearly discovered by Colburn (his reading off of the plate numbers), he had a disgustingly plausible reason to frame him.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:26 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

EJ wrote:
But, once the car was clearly discovered by Colburn (his reading off of the plate numbers), he had a disgustingly plausible reason to frame him.

Yeah this part blew my mind.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:30 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

EJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

I don't think SA did it either. I didn't like Mike Halbach's unwavering belief that SA did it. His press conferences really came off creepy. I didn't like that her voicemail was tampered with by her ex (thanks for the clarification).

I don't think the police were involved in the killing either. But, once the car was clearly discovered by Colburn (his reading off of the plate numbers), he had a disgustingly plausible reason to frame him.

Exactly.

I think the doc and moreso the defense showed that they were out to get Avery. Clearly that car was planted on the property. CLEARLY. There's a fucking hole in the vile of blood. Old evidence was tampered with by someone. It's outrageous.

I can understand Mike's need to believe Avery did it. I can imagine a situation where someone I love is murdered and I'm so desperate for closure that I'd be blinded and believe the authorities. I can see that. It's not as surprising to me as the rest of it.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
EJ wrote:
But, once the car was clearly discovered by Colburn (his reading off of the plate numbers), he had a disgustingly plausible reason to frame him.

Yeah this part blew my mind.

Totally!

My wife and I both jumped up from the couch at that point. Just flabbergasted.

PostPosted: Tue January 05, 2016 8:34 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
EJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
numbers wrote:

Exactly.

I think the doc and moreso the defense showed that they were out to get Avery. Clearly that car was planted on the property. CLEARLY.

You see, I don't think it's that clear-cut. What I think is much more probable is that he conducted an illegal search of the property and then told the search party where to look.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment