The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: TV: Making a Murderer (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue September 25, 2018 10:34 pm 
The Master

Anything that would be interesting to hear in the new season of it im guessing we would have heard about it in the news by now.

I dont know. Im sure there are a million other great stories out there to tell. Dont really feel the need to revisit this. Maybe ill be proved wrong though!

PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 12:55 pm 
Major Dude

Today

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 2:31 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

So... anyone watch the new episodes?

Is there enough there to justify a new season?

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 2:34 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
So... anyone watch the new episodes?

Is there enough there to justify a new season?

For fucks sake i was literally just searching for this thread and couldnt find it.

Yes, its worth it. Seems they are following a similar path as the West Memphis Three Documentaries. His new attorney appears to be really on it.

The new theory, and im sold on it....

Brandon Dassey did it and it was covered up by Scott Tadych

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 2:44 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I typed "making a murderer" into the search bar.

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 2:48 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I've been keeping up with this since S1 so I wasn't jumping to get to S2. But we started watching it. It's interesting, for sure. There is a lot of new info if you haven't been following this. If you have, it's good for the character study. I am a little confused on timeline still and on where this evidence is coming from. It really does seem like they left a TON out of S1 regarding evidence. I'm half way through and really enjoying it. Though, it does feel a bit more contrived and forced than S1.

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 2:50 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I haven't seen this new theory posed on the series yet, but it's been a popular online theory for a long time now. It's funny, but after watching an episode last night I said to my wife, "and why aren't they talking about Scott? There was so much internet speculation and accusation about him after S1. They've obviously got him, he's participating, why not ask him how he feels about what the internet's been saying? Why are they acting like he wasn't creepy and weird as shit in the first season? Seems like a weird thing to avoid given every other angle they've tackled and not shied away from. But I guess we still have episodes to go. Maybe they will get into it?"

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 3:52 pm 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

I haven't seen this new theory posed on the series yet, but it's been a popular online theory for a long time now. It's funny, but after watching an episode last night I said to my wife, "and why aren't they talking about Scott? There was so much internet speculation and accusation about him after S1. They've obviously got him, he's participating, why not ask him how he feels about what the internet's been saying? Why are they acting like he wasn't creepy and weird as shit in the first season? Seems like a weird thing to avoid given every other angle they've tackled and not shied away from. But I guess we still have episodes to go. Maybe they will get into it?"
Just wait till the last few episodes...

PostPosted: Tue October 30, 2018 4:28 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

Just wait till the last few episodes...

:nice:

PostPosted: Thu November 01, 2018 8:25 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Three episodes to go in S2. Zellner is fascinating.

PostPosted: Thu November 01, 2018 8:27 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Low-key crushing on Brendan Dassey's post-conviction attorney, except she seems completely incompetent when arguing her points in court

PostPosted: Thu November 01, 2018 8:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

theplatypus wrote:
Low-key crushing on Brendan Dassey's post-conviction attorney, except she seems completely incompetent when arguing her points in court

Yeah, she seems like SUPER nervous. When she's just talking to the camera she's composed and articulate and effective as all hell.

PostPosted: Fri November 02, 2018 3:20 am 
Gone

Brendan's attorney is a true believer and you can't be an effective attorney in court if you are a true believer. You need to be soulless. She never would have done all those ridiculous blood spatter experiments Zellner did for example.

PostPosted: Fri November 02, 2018 3:21 am 
Gone

durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

Yeah, she seems like SUPER nervous. When she's just talking to the camera she's composed and articulate and effective as all hell.

When she talks to the camera she has this weird look of desperation in her eyes.

PostPosted: Fri November 02, 2018 3:28 am 
Gone

https://fox11online.com/news/local/municipal-judge-suspended-accused-of-harrassment

PostPosted: Fri November 02, 2018 3:28 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

verb_to_trust wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

When she talks to the camera she has this weird look of desperation in her eyes.

Uhhh

PostPosted: Tue November 06, 2018 5:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Finished this up.

After S1, I felt that Brendan Dassey's story was a true American tragedy and I still feel that way. What's happened to him is disgusting and heartbreaking and I feel so badly for him. It's just so gross and awful.

However, I was uncertain about Avery's innocence after S1. I am not 90% sure the guy didn't do it. I'm not really sold on Zellner's alternate suspects but it's clear to me that there is some super shady shit going on and that Steven Avery did not murder Teresa Halbach.

Zellner is a strange badass. I can't wait to see if she's able to overturn his conviction and thereby give Brendan a new chance as well.

S2 isn't as compelling as S1. It's over long and much more biased as well. Still a decent watch. Brendan's lawyers stole the show, I thought. Watching their journey was captivating as fuck, even though I'd kept up with his case and knew the outcome even before hitting play.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 7:10 pm 
See you in another life, brother

Just finished season 2 last night. Gonna echo what other people are saying. I was very skeptical that there was a second season at all, and even more so that it's 10 episodes. But it's still compelling.

I thought Brendan's attorney sounded nervous during the first Circuit Court oral arguments but that she ultimately did alright for herself, though that was probably more a function of 2/3 of the judges being on her side and tossing her softballs.

I felt awful for her at the en banc hearing. God she got destroyed. It was painful to listen to. At one point I literally had both hands over my eyes which was obviously an effective strategy since there was no actual video being shown. Judge Hamilton (I think that was his name) sprang a trap for her and she walked right into it. She should not have even entertained his questions of what the police should have done because literally anything she said would be interpreted as asking for new case law. He did a masterful job pushing her into saying exactly what she knew going into that case she couldn't say.

Not that it mattered. All 7 of them had their opinion before oral arguments. I was a bit surprised and disappointed that Zellner seemed to act like oral arguments mattered so much or that the key is the narrative aspect. It felt like she was taking a cheap shot and unnecessarily throwing shade for no good reason.

I have lots of other thoughts on it but that seems like more than enough for one post.

PostPosted: Fri November 09, 2018 10:09 pm 
Gone

Avery did it

PostPosted: Wed November 14, 2018 9:28 pm 
Rank This Poster

I quit Season 2 after 3 episodes.

It's not all that compelling because not a lot of compelling things actually happened since Season 1 and all the navel-gazing of Season 1 is really off-putting to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment