Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Twin Peaks [2017]

Tue November 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Frost’s two Twin Peaks books are super underrated. Did you read Secret History?

Tue November 26, 2019 10:35 pm

parasolmonster wrote:Frost’s two Twin Peaks books are super underrated. Did you read Secret History?

Yeah, I did that one before S3 started. Loved it. I have no idea why it took me so long to get around to this one.

Wed November 27, 2019 6:38 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:Frost’s two Twin Peaks books are super underrated. Did you read Secret History?

Yeah, I did that one before S3 started. Loved it. I have no idea why it took me so long to get around to this one.

If you didn’t already know, flip through the books with some 3D glasses (Dr. Jacoby style), you’ll find some interesting surprises

Wed November 27, 2019 2:03 pm

parasolmonster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

If you didn’t already know, flip through the books with some 3D glasses (Dr. Jacoby style), you’ll find some interesting surprises

WHAT

Wed November 27, 2019 5:53 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

WHAT

I’m overdue to reread the books, so I don’t remember a lot, just that there is nothing mind blowing, but it’s a fun little secret to the books.

Wed November 27, 2019 6:34 pm

parasolmonster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

WHAT

I’m overdue to reread the books, so I don’t remember a lot, just that there is nothing mind blowing, but it’s a fun little secret to the books.

That's so cool. I had no idea. Thanks!

Wed November 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Wed November 27, 2019 11:18 pm

WtOB? wrote:

Twenty seconds in, given his voice and tone, I want to bludgeon his skull with a Louisville Slugger.

Wed November 27, 2019 11:22 pm

oasisfan35 wrote:
WtOB? wrote:

Twenty seconds in, given his voice and tone, I want to bludgeon his skull with a Louisville Slugger.

hang in there, it’s only 4 and a half hours long.

Thu November 28, 2019 9:16 am

durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

WHAT

That's so cool. I had no idea. Thanks!

I just remembered that the “secrets” reveal themselves with 3D glasses, but you look through one lens at a time. The blue lense will show one thing, while the red shows another

Tue January 28, 2020 5:28 am

I just finished the original series for the first time ever and am just getting into season 3. Maclachlan’s performance as Dougie Jones is mesmerizing

Tue January 28, 2020 11:55 am

Mecca wrote:I just finished the original series for the first time ever and am just getting into season 3. Maclachlan’s performance as Dougie Jones is mesmerizing

:luv:

What are your thoughts on the OG series?

Tue January 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Twin Peaks was kinda mentioned in last week's The Good Place.

Tue January 28, 2020 12:30 pm

I heard that David Lynch was forced into making this season. Is that true?

Tue January 28, 2020 2:19 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:I just finished the original series for the first time ever and am just getting into season 3. Maclachlan’s performance as Dougie Jones is mesmerizing

Loved the backdrop of humanity to an ostensibly supernatural show. I was very confused by how season 2 went on after the Leland/Bob reveal; that conclusion didn’t have time to breathe. Windom Earle was menacing, but the story felt like a “oh by the way” tacked on

Tue January 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Also,

Spoiler: show
HellooooOOOOOoooo

Tue January 28, 2020 4:43 pm

wease wrote:Twin Peaks was kinda mentioned in last week's The Good Place.

And it was amazing.

Tue January 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Loved the backdrop of humanity to an ostensibly supernatural show. I was very confused by how season 2 went on after the Leland/Bob reveal; that conclusion didn’t have time to breathe. Windom Earle was menacing, but the story felt like a “oh by the way” tacked on

Lynch and Frost never intended to "solve" the murder of Laura Palmer. They fought hard to never reveal the killer. ABC made them which is why that whole thing feels so weird. I think if we break the OG series into 3 parts as opposed to 2 seasons, it makes a lot more sense.

To me there's:
PART ONE: Pilot - S1E8 (The Last Evening)
PART TWO: S2E1 (May the Giant Be With You) - S2E10 (Dispute Between Brothers)
PART THREE: S2E11 (Masked Ball) - S2E22 (Life Beyond Death)
TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME
TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN

Tue January 28, 2020 5:38 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

And it was amazing.

I was wondering if you’d seen it yet.

Tue January 28, 2020 6:18 pm

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

And it was amazing.

I was wondering if you’d seen it yet.

My wife and I both yelped when we watched it. Also stopped the stream to rewind and watch it again just because. :lol:
Post a reply