The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 49  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5858
Location: Space City
Dance of the Dream Man was just used as bumper music on the morning report of my local NPR affiliate. I was brewing coffee at the time and everything came together for a brief moment. Pretty cool.

durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Solid Sarah observation, monster in the parasol.

Totally agree. But I'd go one step further and say that it still totally works even if Sarah isn't the girl from Part 8. Let's not forget her final appearance in the original series.

I actually did forget that. What happened?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54274
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
washing machine wrote:
Dance of the Dream Man was just used as bumper music on the morning report of my local NPR affiliate. I was brewing coffee at the time and everything came together for a brief moment. Pretty cool.

durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Solid Sarah observation, monster in the parasol.

Totally agree. But I'd go one step further and say that it still totally works even if Sarah isn't the girl from Part 8. Let's not forget her final appearance in the original series.

I actually did forget that. What happened?

Jacoby brings her to the RR to talk to Major Briggs and she tells him "I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper." And she says it in a completely different, lower (possibly male?), and affected voice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 4:14 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:24 am
Posts: 232
durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Dance of the Dream Man was just used as bumper music on the morning report of my local NPR affiliate. I was brewing coffee at the time and everything came together for a brief moment. Pretty cool.

durdencommatyler wrote:
washing machine wrote:
Solid Sarah observation, monster in the parasol.

Totally agree. But I'd go one step further and say that it still totally works even if Sarah isn't the girl from Part 8. Let's not forget her final appearance in the original series.

I actually did forget that. What happened?

Jacoby brings her to the RR to talk to Major Briggs and she tells him "I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper." And she says it in a completely different, lower (possibly male?), and affected voice.


I had completely forgotten about that!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5858
Location: Space City
Wow. Me too. Completely forgotten.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 2:21 am 
Online
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 12154
Location: Cumberland, RI
I just got all caught up! Um, yeah, those scenes with Sarah were fucking brutal in their weight. I think they may have been one of the most "realistic" scenes that Lynch has ever put to tape (that is, scenes without any of the off-kilter, surreal, or philosophical-esque musings that we're familiar with). It was just obvious that she was someone who has been in pain for a long, long time.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
A+


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 5:50 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:24 am
Posts: 232
Simple Torture wrote:
I just got all caught up! Um, yeah, those scenes with Sarah were fucking brutal in their weight. I think they may have been one of the most "realistic" scenes that Lynch has ever put to tape (that is, scenes without any of the off-kilter, surreal, or philosophical-esque musings that we're familiar with). It was just obvious that she was someone who has been in pain for a long, long time.


Lynch and Frost write trauma victims EXTREMELY well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon October 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Posts: 323
There were 12 new characters introduced in that last episode. :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54274
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I hate that there are only 6 parts left.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon October 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Posts: 323
I am too but I am so god damn excited to see how this shakes out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon October 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Posts: 323
I really want to know why sometimes Laura palmers arms bend back.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Fri August 04, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54274
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I always thought that was just a reference/clue that she was tied up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Sat August 05, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 642
Location: In The Crevasse
Free Showtime this weekend, so I can catch up on the new season! :hooray: I've avoided the rest of the thread to post this, but episode 103 was really mind bending.. :shock: I needed a break before I resume...Will pick up with 104 after my bootleg finishes. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Mon August 07, 2017 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 11783
Just finished ep 12.
Spoiler: show
so do you guys think someone is in Sarah's house with her? Someone from the black lodge?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Mon August 07, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5858
Location: Space City
What a satisfying episode.

Spoiler: show
I mean that in a fan service sense. There has been so little time spent in Twin Peaks with the non lodge/Laura centric characters that episodes like this one really get me teary-eyed and nostalgic for the original series. With so little time left, I'm grateful we got so much of the Double R. Plus, as a food and beverage industry guy, I was geeking out on the cost of goods talk about cherry pies...

Jacoby and Nadine are adorable, by the way. And Norma shooting glances across the table? Poor Ed. that credit sequence killed me.


Spoiler: show
Also, I can't believe I was cheering for doppelcoop in that kind of hilarious arm wrestling scene.


Spoiler: show
Also WTF is going on with Audrey?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Mon August 07, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 5858
Location: Space City
Sonny Jim is so great in this thing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54274
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
The Audrey stuff?!

I feel like we could use another full 18 hours to fill in that story, Charlie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 3:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
durdencommatyler wrote:
The Audrey stuff?!

I feel like we could use another full 18 hours to fill in that story, Charlie.

Absolutely.

"I feel like I'm somewhere else. Have you ever had that feeling, Charlie? Like I'm somewhere else and somebody else. Have you ever felt that?"

Wherever Audrey is, I feel like it's not the same "here" the rest of this story is taking place in (at least not directly).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 3:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
Disconcertingly, I found myself rooting for Bad Coop during that whole scene at what I presume is "The Farm".


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 54274
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Birds in Hell wrote:
Disconcertingly, I found myself rooting for Bad Coop during that whole scene at what I presume is "The Farm".

Same. And when Richard Horne showed up, I really REALLY wanted Evil Coop to fucking stomp him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10614
You may have already seen it, however this arrived on Spotify/Bandcamp, etc. a few days ago:



Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 49  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CopperTom and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun October 22, 2017 9:05 pm