The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks [2017]
PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:25 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

washing machine wrote:
Thanks for doing the legwork, Joey. My GM just came back from a trip and rewarded my hard work in his absence with an early afternoon off, so I'm a few shots and beers in. Couldn't find that gif quickly on my phone.

Any time, friend-o.

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:36 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Aces.

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:37 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Anyone feel like ranking the seasons and movie yet?

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:38 pm 
Poster of the Year

Movie

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

GTFO

Poster of the Year

:oops:

Looks Like a Cat

I see you included a respectable (though not the same as me) Wire ranking, though.

Last edited by washing machine on Thu June 22, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:54 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

FWWM

But, man, it's way too early to be sure about that.

Also, if we break S2 into two seasons, like I like to do, I'd go:

S2P1
S1
S3
S2P2
FWWM

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 10:56 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

durdencommatyler wrote:
FWWM

But, man, it's way too early to be sure about that.

Also, if we break S2 into two seasons, like I like to do, I'd go:

S2P1
S1
S3
S2P2
FWWM

Of course if we take out the Pilot and the Original Series Finale and treat them as films, I'd go:

OS Finale
Pilot
S2P1
S3
S1
S2P2
FWWM

Last edited by epilogue on Thu June 22, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu June 22, 2017 11:09 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

You get it.

PostPosted: Fri June 23, 2017 1:51 am 
A Return To Form

S3
S1
S2
FWWM
Missing Pieces

This caused me more stress than it should have. . .

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 12:05 am 
A Return To Form

I'll just leave this here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6j1xq5/original_run_a_deleted_scene_that_sums_up/

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 7:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Two things I've been thinking about as we roll toward the next episode... and I can't remember if we've talked about either of these things but...

I LOVE the "spiritual mound" finger stuff. And the way it connects to the fingerprints, the owl cave ring, the letters underneath the fingers, and DoppleCoop's "wrong" message to Gordon. That's some masterful world building. And not at all something I ever expected from Twin Peaks. Just absolutely brilliant. And it makes me even more confident that moving forward, the show will have a satisfying ending.

Also, have we talked about the scene at the Double R at the end? And how the people in the diner all completely change places during cuts? It's shocking and unsettling as fuck. And I wonder if it actually means anything or if it's really just an editing thing. Either way, it reminds me of The Shining and how the way it's edited creates some of the unconscious disturbance and uneasy feeling as you're watching the film. The rooms are impossible at times in that film. And though it's never pointed out, I think we as viewers subconsciously feel it and realize it and that adds to some sort of dormant terror and unease. The final scene at the Double R is the same for me. It took watching it a second time to fully understand why I was so bothered and unsettled by that scene last week.

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 8:04 pm 
A Return To Form

The Shining is a really good comparison. I didn't even notice the switch at the diner until I read about in online. I love the juxtaposition of unease in the scene compared with everyone's casual attitude of an evening out for dinner. Even Shelly shrugs off the interruption. I'm continually impressed with how well Lynch and Frost work through subtlety that might be otherwise missed because of the "bigger" things like The Black Lodge.

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 8:34 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

parasolmonster wrote:
The Shining is a really good comparison. I didn't even notice the switch at the diner until I read about in online. I love the juxtaposition of unease in the scene compared with everyone's casual attitude of an evening out for dinner. Even Shelly shrugs off the interruption. I'm continually impressed with how well Lynch and Frost work through subtlety that might be otherwise missed because of the "bigger" things like The Black Lodge.

Do you have a specific article or thread or video or whatever that you really like that talks about that final scene at all? I hadn't seen it mentioned before. But I also don't seek out Twin Peaks stuff online really. Mostly just look here and a AV Club's reviews.

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 8:39 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:

Do you have a specific article or thread or video or whatever that you really like that talks about that final scene at all? I hadn't seen it mentioned before. But I also don't seek out Twin Peaks stuff online really. Mostly just look here and a AV Club's reviews.

Do you read their roundtable discussions each week too?

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 8:49 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:

NO

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 9:18 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

durdencommatyler wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:

NO

http://www.avclub.com/features/roundtable/

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 9:35 pm 
A Return To Form

durdencommatyler wrote:
parasolmonster wrote:

I could have sworn I saw it on welcometotwinpeaks.com, but after a brief check I don't see it on their site. The day after an episode I'll check on reddit.com/r/twinpeaks to see if i missed any details. That's where I learned about the weird windows on the plane and the diner scene. I'll have to check out the avclub articles. Reddit is tricky though because a lot of those people are trying waaaaay too hard to connect everything together.

PostPosted: Sat June 24, 2017 9:43 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 58  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment