Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Stephen King's The Dark Tower

Wed August 08, 2018 1:08 am

Ooooh sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Fri March 22, 2019 10:28 pm

‘The Dark Tower’ Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order

https://deadline.com/2019/03/the-dark-t ... 202556652/

Fri March 22, 2019 10:44 pm

So the movie/tv/movie thing is dead, yeah?

Fri March 22, 2019 10:46 pm

bune wrote:So the movie/tv/movie thing is dead, yeah?

Yes

Sat March 23, 2019 11:37 am

Does the TV series start with Book 1?

Sat March 23, 2019 2:30 pm

CopperTom wrote:Does the TV series start with Book 1?

Apparently not. It looks like the show will begin with an "origin" story of Roland. It looks like they're going back and covering more of the stuff in the prequel comics first and the "flashback" stuff in Wizard and Glass, which is why Roland is like 12.

Sat March 23, 2019 4:03 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

Apparently not. It looks like the show will begin with an "origin" story of Roland. It looks like they're going back and covering more of the stuff in the prequel comics first and the "flashback" stuff in Wizard and Glass, which is why Roland is like 12.

The flashback in Wizard &Glass is some of my favorite stuff. Graphic Novel stuff is meh. Some of it is covered in Book 1 anyway.

Sat March 23, 2019 4:22 pm

CopperTom wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

The flashback in Wizard &Glass is some of my favorite stuff. Graphic Novel stuff is meh. Some of it is covered in Book 1 anyway.

Right. I just meant that this isn't going to be a straight adaptation of The Gunslinger and on. Apparently.

Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 am

Not strictly Dark Tower... but DT adjacent.

Just saw Hulu is doing an Eyes of the Dragon TV series. :heartbeat:

Sat May 18, 2019 3:41 am

Sweet!!

Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 am

What? Man, that might be cool.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:06 pm

I don't know what that is.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:28 pm

It was a sort of fairy tale precursor to the Gunslinger. Lots of familiar names and such. Highly recommended.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:30 pm

wease wrote:It was a sort of fairy tale precursor to the Gunslinger. Lots of familiar names and such. Highly recommended.

Exactly.

It's a classic YA fantasy novel that is sort of a soft origin to most of the themes fully explored in The Dark Tower series. King wrote it for his daughter. It's a lovely book and could absolutely lead to an amazing series.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:33 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:It was a sort of fairy tale precursor to the Gunslinger. Lots of familiar names and such. Highly recommended.

Exactly.

It's a classic YA fantasy novel that is sort of a soft origin to most of the themes fully explored in The Dark Tower series. King wrote it for his daughter. It's a lovely book and could absolutely lead to an amazing series.

I had no idea he wrote it for his daughter.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:39 pm

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Exactly.

Yep, yep. Naomi, I believe?

She didn't like his horror stuff. It was too scary for her and he asked her what she wanted to read. And he wrote it for her based on her response.

Sat May 18, 2019 7:39 pm

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Exactly.

She didn't like his horror stuff. It was too scary for her and he asked her what she wanted to read. And he wrote it for her based on her response.

Sat May 18, 2019 8:13 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Exactly.

That’s cool

Sun May 19, 2019 1:21 am

See, he's probably the only writer where if he has something to say in the foreword or afterword I'll actually read it...which is where that information is in the book.

Sun May 19, 2019 1:51 am

bune wrote:See, he's probably the only writer where if he has something to say in the foreword or afterword I'll actually read it...which is where that information is in the book.

I must’ve just forgotten that, then. Of course it’s been every bit of 25 years since I read it.
Post a reply