Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Saturday Night Live

Mon January 24, 2022 3:14 am

Pretty good monologue but that was about it. Three brief McGruber sketches? One was a given but three? I didn’t realize there was a a McGruber series on Peacock but explains why Forte got the gig and it explains Wiig’s appearance, not so coincidentally in the McGruber pieces.
Guy who just bought a boat was fun on Update but otherwise that was it.
Willem Dafoe hosts next week.

Mon January 24, 2022 3:49 am

They always did three MacGruber sketches, even his first appearance

Wed January 26, 2022 2:06 am

Worst episode in a long time. Just awful. Even weekend update was bad

Thu January 27, 2022 3:35 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Worst episode in a long time. Just awful. Even weekend update was bad

I really loved Update and the Country music skit. Also liked the kid's gameshow skit way a lot. Not as good as the others. Monologue was cute, if over long. For some reason I'm very interested in the musical guest, though I'd never heard of them until last night. The lead singer seems like a guy who learned English by listening to Stone Temple Pilots records.

Anyway, I thought it was a fun episode with a couple real bright spots.

Thu January 27, 2022 3:42 pm

epilogue wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:Worst episode in a long time. Just awful. Even weekend update was bad

I really loved Update and the Country music skit. Also liked the kid's gameshow skit way a lot. Not as good as the others. Monologue was cute, if over long. For some reason I'm very interested in the musical guest, though I'd never heard of them until last night. The lead singer seems like a guy who learned English by listening to Stone Temple Pilots records.

now that you mention it, the lead singer of that band definitely had a weiland vibe about him.

Thu January 27, 2022 3:43 pm

dad wrote:
epilogue wrote:

now that you mention it, the lead singer of that band definitely had a weiland vibe about him.

BIG time

Thu January 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Had the same thought but more velvet revolver than stp

Thu January 27, 2022 3:54 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Had the same thought but more velvet revolver than stp

Yeah, that's maybe fair. I didn't really get into Velvet Rope but what you're saying tracks.

Thu January 27, 2022 5:55 pm

epilogue wrote:

Yeah, that's maybe fair. I didn't really get into Velvet Rope but what you're saying tracks.

Thu January 27, 2022 6:10 pm

Now we're talking!

Thu January 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Fuck yeah we are.

Thu January 27, 2022 7:28 pm

Petition to get Janet Jackson to host and be the musical guest!

Thu January 27, 2022 7:30 pm

I remember back in ‘94 the next to last episode of the season was Emilio Estevez and Pearl Jam and the season finale was Heather Locklear and Janet Jackson.

Thu January 27, 2022 7:31 pm

wease wrote:I remember back in ‘94 the next to last episode of the season was Emilio Estevez and Pearl Jam and the season finale was Heather Locklear and Janet Jackson.

Hell of a memory you got. I know I watched the PJ ep. But I don't think I saw the Jackson ep.

Thu January 27, 2022 7:48 pm

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:I remember back in ‘94 the next to last episode of the season was Emilio Estevez and Pearl Jam and the season finale was Heather Locklear and Janet Jackson.

Hell of a memory you got. I know I watched the PJ ep. But I don't think I saw the Jackson ep.

I recorded both episodes at my girlfriend’s place so I wouldn’t miss anything if we happened to be in a coital circumstance.

Thu January 27, 2022 7:59 pm

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I recorded both episodes at my girlfriend’s place so I wouldn’t miss anything if we happened to be in a coital circumstance.

Ha!

Remember when you had to think about and pre-plan shit like that? What a world we live in now.

Thu January 27, 2022 9:04 pm

epilogue wrote:

Meh. Thought more Perry Farrell wannabe. Which is all these guys trace back to anyway

Thu January 27, 2022 9:43 pm

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Ha!

Remember when you had to think about and pre-plan shit like that? What a world we live in now.

I know, right?!? And if the time on your vcr wasn’t the exact same as that of the network you were doomed to miss at least a few seconds.

Thu January 27, 2022 10:22 pm

wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Ha!

I know, right?!? And if the time on your vcr wasn’t the exact same as that of the network you were doomed to miss at least a few seconds.

Kids today have it made

Thu January 27, 2022 10:25 pm

epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:

Ha!

Kids today have it made

but none of them want to work
Post a reply