Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Saturday Night Live

Sun October 14, 2018 4:46 pm

The Argonaut wrote:There were a couple things that were funny in a not laughing kind of way. So, funnier than usual, but not actually funny

"ah are we talking about a Seagras 7 or more like a Seagrams 9 and a half?!"

Sun October 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Heidi Gardner is awful. Every character of hers is the exact same and she is not funny.

Sun October 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Strat wrote:Heidi Gardner is awful. Every character of hers is the exact same and she is not funny.

you are wrong

Sun October 14, 2018 5:08 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:Heidi Gardner is awful. Every character of hers is the exact same and she is not funny.

you are wrong

You have an awful sense of humor

Sun October 14, 2018 5:26 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:

you are wrong

Yeah, gotta go Team Trag on this one.

Sun October 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Maybe i should be super specific...

She seems to always show up on Weekend Update and play this young clueless millennial white girl. I get rather annoyed with her variations on this character. Not Funny.

Sun October 14, 2018 7:23 pm

I think Heidi Gardner is funny. The Goop character was annoying, but the boxer's wife character she's done on Update a couple times I actually find pretty funny. I think she's talented, she's just on such a shitty show that it makes everyone, even her, look bad. I suspect SNL will get better (lol yeah right) and she'll be the star in a few years or that it won't get better and she'll eventually have some good movies.

It's time for Beck and Kyle to move on from this, too. I feel like they've lost whatever edge and originality they once had and have sunk into the muck that is current SNL.

Sun October 14, 2018 7:55 pm

The Argonaut wrote:
It's time for Beck and Kyle to move on from this, too. I feel like they've lost whatever edge and originality they once had and have sunk into the muck that is current SNL.

i disagree about beck but i'm with you on kyle

Sun October 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Chris Redd is one of the best gets this show has seen in years.

Sun October 14, 2018 10:26 pm

LOVE IS DEAD: Pete Davidson & Ariana Grande Have Allegedly Broken Up
https://jezebel.com/love-is-dead-pete-d ... 1829743351

Sun October 14, 2018 11:40 pm

Davidson is probably going to end up dead soon.

Sun October 14, 2018 11:46 pm

nah, he's a survivor. he'll be cracking unfunny jokes about her within a few weeks

Mon October 15, 2018 12:08 am

This is why you wait until at least the fifth wedding anniversary before you name a track on your new album after your partner

Mon October 15, 2018 12:17 am

tragabigzanda wrote:nah, he's a survivor. he'll be cracking unfunny jokes about her within a few weeks

100% he is on weekend update next week to talk about it.

Mon October 15, 2018 12:25 am

Strat wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:nah, he's a survivor. he'll be cracking unfunny jokes about her within a few weeks

100% he is on weekend update next week to talk about it.

0% chance of that

Mon October 15, 2018 12:26 am

oh ok argo

Mon October 15, 2018 12:43 am

they're off for two weeks. next new show is 11/3. i'd be surprised if they give airtime to the topic so close to election day, but perhaps.

anway they are both flash in the pan performers. they'll
go on to have lucrative production careers, but neither one of them will be a major performer in seven years time.

Mon October 15, 2018 12:52 am

He is really funny, but she is especially talented. They'll both be here in seven years, unless they are dead

Mon October 15, 2018 1:00 am

Seven years is a weirdly broad way to define "flash in the pan". I have no doubt her profile will diminish in that time, but that's just the nature of pop stardom. She's already had a pretty impressive career

Mon October 15, 2018 1:18 am

they should do a skit about how queen size beds are better than king size
Post a reply