The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Mon February 29, 2016 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8440
That article is a window to my soul.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Mon February 29, 2016 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31356
theplatypus wrote:
bada wrote:
I thought it was uneven but enjoyable.

This about sums it up for me.

I really enjoyed certain aspects of this show, but a lot of it was messy, tonally inconsistent and somewhat hackneyed. Episode 10 in particular is not just the worst episode of the season, but one of the worst hours of television I've ever watched. Sean Collins had a good piece about it.

All in all, I did think this was Marvel's best TV project. I hope they build on its best aspects in the second season (if there is one).


Oh man, I loved that episode.

I haven't gone back to watch this show a second time. I can see it going either way in terms of my appreciation for it

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Mon February 29, 2016 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11330
stip wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
bada wrote:
I thought it was uneven but enjoyable.

This about sums it up for me.

I really enjoyed certain aspects of this show, but a lot of it was messy, tonally inconsistent and somewhat hackneyed. Episode 10 in particular is not just the worst episode of the season, but one of the worst hours of television I've ever watched. Sean Collins had a good piece about it.

All in all, I did think this was Marvel's best TV project. I hope they build on its best aspects in the second season (if there is one).


Oh man, I loved that episode.

I haven't gone back to watch this show a second time. I can see it going either way in terms of my appreciation for it

It was a bad episode, stip


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Mon February 29, 2016 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8797
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
theplatypus wrote:
Episode 10 in particular is not just the worst episode of the season, but one of the worst hours of television I've ever watched.


You, my friend, do not watch much TV.

... but yeah, the whole virology of Purple Man was kinda ridiculous.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2016 1:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31356
Mecca wrote:
stip wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
bada wrote:
I thought it was uneven but enjoyable.

This about sums it up for me.

I really enjoyed certain aspects of this show, but a lot of it was messy, tonally inconsistent and somewhat hackneyed. Episode 10 in particular is not just the worst episode of the season, but one of the worst hours of television I've ever watched. Sean Collins had a good piece about it.

All in all, I did think this was Marvel's best TV project. I hope they build on its best aspects in the second season (if there is one).


Oh man, I loved that episode.

I haven't gone back to watch this show a second time. I can see it going either way in terms of my appreciation for it

It was a bad episode, stip

Maybe it was just the end of that episode but the suicide hit hard. I don't remember the rest of it

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2016 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Women Will Direct Every Episode of Jessica Jones Season 2 :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/women-will-direc ... 9_facebook


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2016 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2927
Location: right there
Nice. :)

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2016 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 29916
Location: gone fishin'
Please don't let Rosemary Rodriguez direct any more episodes

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sat October 22, 2016 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
I liked the episode she directed last season.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun October 23, 2016 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11330
let david tenant direct one


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Fri November 04, 2016 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13402
Im glad it took them until the last episode to figure out "headphones"

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Fri November 04, 2016 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 48359
@SkitchP wrote:
Im glad it took them until the last episode to figure out "headphones"

:o

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8797
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 11431
Location: Where everybody knows your name
In.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2927
Location: right there
Image

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
:luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 13447
its been so long i cant be really hyped about it. Im sure ill watch an episode and get it together...

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
This is gonna be great


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 11431
Location: Where everybody knows your name
durdencommatyler wrote:
This is gonna be great

I thought you hated the Marvel stuff.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jessica Jones (Netflix)
PostPosted: Sun January 28, 2018 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 62302
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
This is gonna be great

I thought you hated the Marvel stuff.

wat


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 7:23 am