Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Thor: Ragnarök (2017) Now with HULK!

Thu March 08, 2018 2:03 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Really? It felt extremely faithful to the Marvel formula to me. I appreciate some things Waititi tried to do, but it was insignificant in the face of the crushing Marvelness of it all.

You would’ve hated the comics I grew up on.

Thu March 08, 2018 2:17 am

I’m sure I would

Thu March 08, 2018 5:57 pm

wease wrote:You would’ve hated the comics I grew up on.

can you imagine the people freaking in this movie if there was frog thor?

id say my biggest fanboy moment (aside from the arena fight) was when he tapped the umbrella to change

Thu March 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Peeps wrote:
wease wrote:You would’ve hated the comics I grew up on.

can you imagine the people freaking in this movie if there was frog thor?

id say my biggest fanboy moment (aside from the arena fight) was when he tapped the umbrella to change

Peeps gets it.

Fri March 09, 2018 12:18 am

Watching this again now that it's out on blu ray. Really great flick, I laughed out loud more than I'd expected to. It's cliche but it's the most fun I've had with a Marvel movie to date....

Fri March 09, 2018 1:57 am

Revelator wrote:Watching this again now that it's out on blu ray. Really great flick, I laughed out loud more than I'd expected to. It's cliche but it's the most fun I've had with a Marvel movie to date....

which is why it should not have been Ragnarok! Ragnarok, should not be a FUN MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!
Should have just called it Planet Thor

Fri March 09, 2018 2:25 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Revelator wrote:Watching this again now that it's out on blu ray. Really great flick, I laughed out loud more than I'd expected to. It's cliche but it's the most fun I've had with a Marvel movie to date....

which is why it should not have been Ragnarok! Ragnarok, should not be a FUN MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!
Should have just called it Planet Thor

met my third bf at planet thor

Fri March 09, 2018 3:43 am

Very funny. Great soundtrack. Norwegian god space pirate. Basically it was Kung Fury: Infinity Wars.

Essentially artless, but pure cocaine entertainment.

Sniff.

Sat April 28, 2018 4:33 pm

McParadigm wrote:Very funny. Great soundtrack. Norwegian god space pirate. Basically it was Kung Fury: Infinity Wars.

Essentially artless, but pure cocaine entertainment.

Sniff.

Finally saw this last night and McP is spot on here. This was good.

Sat April 28, 2018 4:45 pm

met my third bf at planet thor

I enjoyed this post, lenny.

Sat April 28, 2018 6:00 pm

one of the things infinity war did really well was marry this thor to the more operatic tone of infinity war

Wed May 09, 2018 12:05 pm

the only thing that bugged me about this rewatching it this past weekend was using the immigrant song twice.

it should have only been used once for the final battle. battling surtur(1st time) they should have used something else
Last edited by Peeps on Wed May 09, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 09, 2018 2:07 pm

i think this is in my top 5

Sat May 12, 2018 9:43 pm

stip wrote:i think this is in my top 5

Me too. This was so much fun! Great action. Great set pieces. Really funny. Great new characters. Cool visuals. This is top tier Marvel.

Sat May 12, 2018 9:48 pm

I have come to terms with the fact that other people find this piece of shit funny, but great action? Cool visuals? Did we watch a completely different movie?

Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm

theplatypus wrote:I have come to terms with the fact that other people find this piece of shit funny, but great action? Cool visuals? Did we watch a completely different movie?

Maybe we did. Maybe we did.

Thu July 12, 2018 9:06 pm

When Banner is pulling his crotch because he's in Stark's jeans and they are too tight, and Thor is telling him to stop it and stop being weird. I love that scene and it makes me laugh every time

Thu July 12, 2018 10:45 pm

The hammer pulled you off is my favorite. I'm giggling right now because of how much I loved the line and the delivery.

Thu July 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Everything Jeff Goldblum says is gold.

Thu July 12, 2018 11:08 pm

bune wrote:The hammer pulled you off is my favorite. I'm giggling right now because of how much I loved the line and the delivery.

The hammer pulled you off is my least favorite Korg moment, but I love everything Korg
Post a reply