Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Post Random T.V.-Related Thoughts You Have

Sat April 23, 2022 12:41 pm

Bammer wrote:God damn the new actors/characters in the Sonic commercials suck so bad. Even worse are ads for other things trying to rip off the “funny dudes in a car” theme.

Texas toast

Tue May 24, 2022 2:07 am

Sun June 12, 2022 5:43 pm

Irene Ryan was a modestly successful working actress for much of her career in supporting roles after a vaudeville. Her fame though came playing Granny in The Beverly Hillbillies. She was only 60 when the show started and was made up and dressed down to make her older than she appeared in real life.
And that’s your old time tv tidbit for the day.

Mon July 04, 2022 3:30 am

I'm doing a Breaking Bad re-watch and I'm currently into season 5. Gotta be honest, and this is something I've considered before, but the show is just laughably bad beginning in season 4. Just poor. Most of season four feels like they ran out of time and just filmed the first draft. Didn't build in any subtlety or nuance. And Bryan Cranston's acting just falls off a cliff. It's not even his fault, they give him garbage to work with. He just has to lie in every scene. But they want us to know that he's lying so it ends up looking like a bad liar and I have no idea why any of the other characters believe him. And I promise this is not my mysogyny speaking, but 100 percent of the Anna Gunn stuff is just horrendous. Nonsensical, overwrought, just a waste of time.

Aaron Paul and Dean Norris are always A+, though. And the show does somehow keep you watching, even if it isn't good. And the iconic moments that we all quote and remember do stand up.

But, overall, the back half of Breaking Bad is basically a stinker (and the front half has its issues, too).

Mon July 04, 2022 4:27 am

I agree with most of this

Mon July 04, 2022 5:02 am

Same.

Mon July 04, 2022 5:36 am

Argo is correct

The show is good at delivering high-octane thrills and very memorable characters / moments, but it's also full of some truly wacky stuff, much of which doesn't hold up. I hated the dynamic between Gus and Walt and how for much of the show Walt is running around trying to "clear the air," just very tedious stuff

Mon July 04, 2022 12:46 pm

I'm glad people are finally coming around on breaking bad being well executed garbage.

Mon July 04, 2022 12:46 pm

It's a lot of fun, but it doesn't deserve all the praise it gets. It's nowhere near as good as The sopranos or Deadwood.

Mon July 04, 2022 12:53 pm

I wouldn't call it garbage, but it definitely gets trashy

Mon July 04, 2022 2:33 pm

JuanHamm wrote:It's a lot of fun, but it doesn't deserve all the praise it gets. It's nowhere near as good as The sopranos or Deadwood.

Or Better Call Saul.

Mon July 04, 2022 2:50 pm

JuanHamm wrote:It's a lot of fun, but it doesn't deserve all the praise it gets. It's nowhere near as good as The sopranos or Deadwood.

Gun to my head, I still think this is the best TV show I've ever seen.

Mon July 04, 2022 3:11 pm

I look forward to watching it someday

Mon July 04, 2022 3:39 pm

Mad Men is the best

Mon July 04, 2022 3:40 pm

bart wrote:Mad Men is the best

Indeed

Mon July 04, 2022 3:44 pm

I will probably never watch it

Mon July 04, 2022 3:50 pm

You wouldn't get it, anyway

Mon July 04, 2022 3:51 pm

I hate mad men

Mon July 04, 2022 4:07 pm

Mickey wrote:

Gun to my head, I still think this is the best TV show I've ever seen.

I just finished a rewatch and I'm more convinced than ever that it is.

Tue July 05, 2022 1:16 am

Because I switched to youtubevtv, the way it’s setup, I’ve been watching a ton of Seinfeld. It’s even better than I remember.
Post a reply